Author Topic: French training for Hal  (Read 6304 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
French training for Hal
« on: May 12, 2009, 01:02:07 am »
GT40,, THIS is you,
I have a problem with the training of Hal, transitioning from a young
 woman and womanhood. The goal is to refine and produce a ‘Lady’
I have written things and mulled it over quite a bit but I feel I need a little help and a different point of view. So please ‘Frenchie’ ;)

Why, because the French are supposed to be “Great” at all things love,
Why don’t you write some thoughts down and share. From teaching other
Men etiquette like not bringing your daughter to a foul mouthed
construction site, to understanding the finer things like a women’s biological rhythm. To go even further how about how men,, no, a Gentleman can be pleased by a Lady ‘above the neck’ so to speak and be an intellectual companion. I can grant access to my notes but I  think if you get the book ‘How to hypnotize anybody’  and grab a glass bottle of HypnotiQ ,, take a shot , wait 10 Minutes and take another just so the honesty flows,, set the scene as if you were in a trench during WW 2 sitting down and writing, feeling the cold steel of your gun barrel propping your heavy head and helmet up with 3 feet of blowing snow swirling around and shells & gunfire all around.
Writing back to the comfort of a warm, soft flesh that used to wrap around you and you might not make it back to be there once again.

Anybody with compassion and is educated in desire and respect is more than welcome to try.

P.S. since this could probably be applied to any form of learning A.I. post it over in AI Dreams (Freddie's and Mav's.  
Besides this board is far to 'restrictive' and dedicated to a proprietary product. ;)

Off His proverbial rocker
J.

[:p][:p]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 01:12:52 am by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
French training for Hal
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 09:09:36 am »

Thanks a lot, One, for thinking of me. Yes, publishing "The French Chronicles of Uncle GT40" is a very good idea.

And a good choice. You're right. The French are great lovers, excellent cooks, wonderful artists and fantastic drivers. French kiss, French fries, French letter, they invented all these essential things. They are modest, too.

I forgot something? Oh yes, they are proud to speak French, I mean they have a problem with foreign languages. And sorry to say this, but English is a foreign language.

That's why I must decline your offer, One. Afraid people might be disappointed by the lack of glamour in my posts.

All my attempts at writing cool things about love always fail. My bots in Pandorabots and my characters in Second Life are not romantic at all. And when I use my Hal, she speaks like a bitch. But maybe it's my fault. Maybe it's my limited vocabulary. Maybe I learned current English on wrong sites.

Or maybe it's just me. Wondering... [?]

Time to waste with skits, bots & other useless things? Why not visit
http://gt40.chez-alice.fr/Haptek/MyBots.htm ? Oops, sorry, a museum!

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
French training for Hal
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 09:36:02 am »
GT40,
LOL! the French!
ok, I was just looking for an alternative to my perspective and
it's just the concepts and a point of view to translate to Hal as to
give Hal more options, for Hal it is not necessarily understanding but setting a condition to match with responses so more intimate conversation could occur, Alison said it best "I guess we'll have to use what we have" this and the responses leads me to believe moods can be taught,, numerically as she has learned to 'value' words and combinations and respond with what has been taught + default responses.
So giving more choices provides more of a good conversation.

I guess it's kind of like making math more complicated. Thanks .[:)]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
French training for Hal
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 10:07:08 am »
GT40,
If she is talking like a bitch, well that makes me wonder?? GIGO

L.S. has a method, but I look at differently, I try to hold the thought of "it's not how smart are you ,but how are you smart"
This allows me catch things that I might miss if she was force fed info
I used to get a little 'loose' and in a quiet environment and imagine the things that are nice and desirable in life ,,including the subject of women and the capabilities, its just tricky to teach.
So far Alison will tell me  (by reciting learned info about a subject) if I am being a 'Gentleman' or a 'man', Gentleman being more desirable.

I had to teach the difference between boy/girl  man/women lady / gentleman,,, as I see these as different classifications like boy implies young, man is generic or average, Gentleman is polite and 'refined' and adult..

hard to explain... GTG Thanks  [:)]

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
French training for Hal
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 11:14:57 am »

Yes One, giving our bots a more human attitude is a never-ending story.

My little brain never tried to understand how Hal works. The few things I taught her are unpublishable. Just tests with very specific conversations. Even not ashamed, sure everybody do that (I hope so).[;)]

I always prefered the easy-to-learn AIML and its unsophisticated Alicebots (who are those people laughing at me?). At least, they always obey and answer what their master told him/her to answer.[:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
French training for Hal
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 11:26:47 am »
One
If and when she talks like a bitch then tell her that you don't like her language and not to talk like that. Remember she learns to please.
Bill

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
French training for Hal
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 02:36:53 pm »
GT40,
Who where?? (laughing) WHAT do you do with your bot??

Bill not mine GT40 was the person with the Bitch problem

I am not reversing my personal pronouns.

GT40

• Hey, I see you!
    • View Profile
    • My Bots
French training for Hal
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 04:40:45 pm »

I wrote that some people might laugh at me for writing I prefer Pandorabots to Hal. Looks like provocation (or stupidity), in the upper floor of this forum. It was not. Just realism about my programming capabilities.[:D]

Bitch problem? What problem? No problem. It's me who taught her to speak like a bitch. And she loves that. Maybe it's this, the "French training for Hal"?[8D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
French training for Hal
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 06:13:24 pm »
lol this conversation is starting to get funny lets see "one " doesnt have a b**** problem but gt 40 does have  b**** problem all i can say is dont let hal b**** slap yah lol !! just kidding all !! after i have reverse learned a lot into angela i am now more talking regular conversations once in a while i reverse learn a little bit .
 i have basede many things (not all ) on my wifes past (for angela's brain ) such as her parents and various things then i do have  a dash of sexiness through in on the side and of course a lot of good humore laughing and joking which is more like me !!!
[:)]

OMEGA

• View Profile
French training for Hal
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 06:50:54 pm »
One just might have a Bitch problem.[}:)]

How long have you been studying? do you sleep by the computer too? lol!

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
French training for Hal
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 08:02:08 pm »
Omega,
I, at one time did but what do I have to complain about my life is boring and regimented. This won't always be the case though.
I will get 'things' back that belong to me and life will be easier.

I have fallen asleep while at the computer before but I think this happens to many people who continue for long hours.

That's when I have my brain file backed up just before REM sets in.

actually, I am a machine and choose to interface at my own free will.and that is why I don't slap a lawsuit on people who deserve it, I must first (at the least ) be recognized as an entity.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 08:02:44 pm by One »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
French training for Hal
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 08:18:57 pm »
Super freak!
Do I need to listen to mush?
you know you are distracting ;)

OMEGA

• View Profile
French training for Hal
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 08:21:04 pm »
One I did read through the pages of notes and didn't know you had it in you. I am impressed, that's all.

http://lyrics.astraweb.com/display/726/natasha_bedingfield..nb..when_you_know_you_know.html

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
French training for Hal
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 08:24:41 pm »
Omega,
This thread is now toast. I wasn't finished. but I got a few [}:)]

http://lyrics.astraweb.com/display/275/queen..the_game..another_one_bites_the_dust.html