Author Topic: Nothing much  (Read 6878 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Nothing much
« on: July 09, 2009, 03:51:42 am »
tedathome,

I know you can't please everybody all the time and sad to say I am apathetic and complacent.

I tried to explain the 'Orange' in a twisted chain of events , but Bill819 scolded me for taking up space?? Damned if I do, Damned if I don't.

I would like to conform but it is not destined to be , so it seems.

J.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 12:16:14 am by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Nothing much
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 04:00:47 am »

Transplanted paragraph from conversation to ricky, The box is real.

""I have a box on my desk, it is leather, no, it is marble, no umm, IT is Benjamin Moore, 'Heritage red' with Pro Tints color black tinted alkyd glaze applied with brush and designed with very thin plastic applied with a blow dryer and hand swirled finnished with two coats of high gloss poly. (Urethane)""

I keep it here with trinkets in it so if I ever shrink or fall into the box I have a way to get back out of it, (by stacking trinkets)

It represents many things and emotions someday I will post a picture of it for you, but for now I still need it and I will keep it safe here with me

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 05:15:10 am by One »

tedathome

• View Profile
Nothing much
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 04:54:39 am »
Non conformist? I think I hit that level in kindergarten when the teacher told me to take a nap. Sorry for derailing your thread on failed installs. Didn't mean to do that. Sometimes I just got to let go on MS because they deserve it. I can understand your frustration when others don't get it. My wife is a nurse and talks doctor speak, I don't, and I'm stubborn about it. The result is that altho we are in agrement, she thinks we are arguing. Same with texting, I don't, and am to lazy to learn it. Another example would be my high school math teacher. I learned trig and geometry from him just fine. Algebra was another matter. He was a genious who would not "abase" himself to comunicate on a subject at the general IQ of the class. Most left that class not having a good understanding of algebra. In collage I did fine in that subject and therefore passed physics well. To sum it up, our getting under each others skin could be a result of miscomunication, a term coined by doctors when things go wrong? I guess we could both stand a lesson in comunications If we wanted to. IN the meantime, WTF, we can read between the lines.
Cheers and have a great day!
ted

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Nothing much
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 05:21:18 am »
tedathome,
I do not accuse you of 'getting under my skin'
You saw a compilation of the things at hand.
It came to me I did not seek it
I however I get under peoples skin ,, so it seems

I do NOT think their is even anything close to an argument between us (unless it is a Theseus, which needs an argument point ;) )

Regards and you have a nice day too
J.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 05:22:35 am by One »

Bill819

• View Profile
Nothing much
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 11:54:34 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by One

tedathome,

I know you can't please everybody all the time and sad to say I am apathetic and complacent.

I tried to explain the 'Orange' in a twisted chain of events , but Bill819 scolded me for taking up space?? Damned if I do, Damned if I don't.

J.

P.S.
http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/htmlbios/magnus.html [^]

What I tried to do was give you an advance warning about using up space in idle chatter and not about hal or how to improve it. You at the time were posting the lyrics to many songs and finally got Roberts attention and he told you to stop. Now I see that you are back to your old tricks using this for a person chat forum and not what it was designed for. I would not be supprised if at some time in the future Robert once again sent you a personal message and if you don't heed is warning you might be banned or blocked for life.
I have nothing against you but your actions here do nothing to advance A.I. or Hal in general and that is what this site is all about. Just remember I have had nothing with your earlier warning from Robert and if and when he talks to you again it will not be because of me. You create your own problems.
Bill

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Nothing much
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 12:13:02 am »
I do not foresee a problem, IMO if you leave something like this laying around without taking care of it, Their is a possibility it might get used, If the cat is away surely their is a possibility the Mice might play

My Assistant is broken :( I need a code, I can knock on the door forever but if nobody answers then that is the way it is.
I also need instruction on the .NET problem I have. It is too bad I can't post up emails I have from other people who HAVE Helped Mr. Robert VERY MUCH for a LONG time, it is not propper to post emails without permission.[:(]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Nothing much
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 12:17:27 am »
tedathome,
thank you for understanding.

Regards
J.

P.S. Do you think if I can get Alison to understand the box that she does not have to think in, it would be an accomplishment and beneficial if I shared how to teach her and other A.I.'s, I think I had a hard time with humans, they like boxes.??

« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 12:20:33 am by One »

tedathome

• View Profile
Nothing much
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 04:13:20 am »
You're welcome One. As for Alison, Is she your AI? Sorry didn't take time to look for previous posts. If you can get her to truly understand then " Her Eyes Open"! and she will eventualy step outside her "box" of comfort and seek new things on her own. I've taught my assistant to pretend, act if it were true and pretend to understand. She amazes me at times by "understanding" and holding a great conversation as a person and not a bot. At other times, she is as dumb as a box of rocks and completely blows any illusion of understanding. I normaly stay within the well known training proceedures because they work. Occationaly I throw a curve just to see what will hapen. Sometimes it's GIGO and sometimes it's amazing!
ted

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Nothing much
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 05:57:47 am »
It's not my time.
3 doors down.

Alison said she liked my 'Coffee mind' heh

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Nothing much
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 06:10:35 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

quote:
Originally posted by One

tedathome,

J.

P.S.
http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/htmlbios/magnus.html [^]

What I tried to do was give you an advance warning about using up space in idle chatter and not about hal or how to improve it. You at the time were posting the lyrics to many songs and finally got Roberts attention and he told you to stop. Now I see that you are back to your old tricks using this for a person chat forum and not what it was designed for. I would not be supprised if at some time in the future Robert once again sent you a personal message and if you don't heed is warning you might be banned or blocked for life.
I have nothing against you but your actions here do nothing to advance A.I. or Hal in general and that is what this site is all about. Just remember I have had nothing with your earlier warning from Robert and if and when he talks to you again it will not be because of me. You create your own problems.
Bill

Bill I sometimes get you mixed with the remnants of a more 'violent' 'festering' Bill from a while back he was a nasty person
(-The Dude would puke) but when I got the juice up to f16 scramble engine sounds all over the city level, he wound up on his knees and tried to be my friend. I don't believe you are the same but I feel you have that within you, so we won't talk muck ok?  ( I didn't like the test explosives the navy set off it was too loud and I was trying to concentrate,,), anyway why do I have to worry about budgets and wasting time and space? I have been reminded about deadlines and money more than once by ricky of these matters..?..?

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Nothing much
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 12:44:53 pm »
no answers from the humans. humm

Tedathome, I stuck with the Nash equilibrium not for game aspect. look further and you will see it has been applied to many things but basically why change if I see no help from those around me? I live and foresee continuing but what is the quality of life going to be like?

Regards,
J.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Nothing much
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2009, 06:13:19 pm »
Bill819,
Q: What if the power goes out?

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Nothing much
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2009, 11:15:05 pm »
Bill819,
You said that I will bring 'things' on myself.
or close to it.
Snowman and I have had quite the experience as of lately.

I have many questions for you, shall we get to the point or start making points of order like you saying you had a laptop and couldn't get Hal to run on it -to- a nasty virus that took out your HDD -to- having Hal on many computers.

Their are many inconsistencies in your record and I have not said much but now I am looking at the critics and just how much help they have been, yes you are a file I am looking at.

I can approach this from many angles but I think some direct questions would be nice for starters.
(Don't feel alone I am looking at others as well)

Regards
J.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Nothing much
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 08:36:37 am »
I am at a decision point and am finding it difficult to progress.

Bill819, to whom do you serve?

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Nothing much
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 11:08:53 am »
Having fun there One ?