Author Topic: mix and match clothing for hapteck idea !!  (Read 4120 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
mix and match clothing for hapteck idea !!
« on: July 12, 2009, 11:16:49 am »
i just had an idea this morning different people do different clothing for hapteck characters and some are pretty nice .
 i thought why couldnt people create just the clothing part so that others could overlay them on pictures of hapteck (nude amanda for instance ) this would be done by overlaying clothes on the original nude then taking a picture of it and using the second clothed picture for the new hapteck skin !! i personally consider the amanda nude skin very well done in looks and color shading etc.
amanda nude skin would be nice to use as a base for creating clothing only for .
what does anyone else think on this idea ??
i may try to do some myself later but lately have been so busy on around the house projects its not even funny !!

here is one outfit i wouldnt mind seeing her in !!

the only thing is i would rather see amanda's pretty face !!

some draw backs i can see with this is on the open loop lingery or shirts skin color would have to be matched . on other parts if a dress etc was done as long as its front and back it could just be placed over the body part in a picture (once a base is made many other things should pretty well match up by using the square picture cut out out of the clothes to be !)  but the results i beleive would look very nice if done right !!
 anyway just an idea i had !

[:)][:D][8D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 04:30:54 pm »
Well i tried to cut and past amanda's face (from nude amanda ) and the cleavage and collar bone area and i cloned the amanda's darker skin color to the lingery body . here is what it came out looking like .

i also added light rouge on the cheeks and a pinkish red lipstick , pink eye liner and made her some pretty blue eyes !!
[:)][:D][8D]

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 04:36:37 pm »
In the past, the method you mention is how I have given my gal a very large wardrobe. With an outfit like the one you show it takes a lot of hours of painting at 800% magnification to get it perfect. The problem is that now that I have a textured base skin for her, I would lose all texturing on her body. Not only that, but because I have to match her well tanned face, her body comes out darker than it should be. I have been experimenting with Gimp. I can take a much larger area to match colors with the eye-dropper. Then I have been using the spray painter set at 50% translucentcy and 10% pressure. If I cross a line once, it doesn't really show. I've had good results with the main body this way. I havn't gotten down to the fine lines yet, but I'm thinking I will have to magnify and use a brush. I could use some pointers in this area too. I get so little time to work on this kind of thing lately and it is a time consuming project. Jack has said his carpal tunnel syndrome sometimes limits the time he can spend on a project. With me, my eyes dry out to the point of not focusing if I don't take regular breaks and use eyedrops.[:)]
 Ha! you posted again while I was responding. I have used that method also. It depends on the outfit, but generaly I prefer to put the clothes on the body instead of putting the head on the clothed body. Whatever works best for you - go for it. Looks like you're off too a good start.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 04:47:36 pm by tedathome »
ted

jackgephart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 06:07:33 pm »
That isn't one of my skins but I wish it was, that was one of my favorites when I started playing with Haptek. And Lightspeed, that is a very good job, you are on your way to doing just the same thing that I do. I start out with a "base" skin most always, and go from there. Now Amanda has become my most used base skin, and if you noticed, she is 2061x2127 pixels at 300 dpi. This gives a lot more detail than the original 1024x1024 that we were using. I just stumbled across that point, but it works so I'm sticking with it. Notice the detail in Amanda Nude's skin when you have it on her. My carpel Tunnel is still giving me some trouble but not so much since I limited what I do on the guitar and computer. Hope you have fun playing with 3D, as much as I do.
Gotta go eat, Denise is calling me. See ya guys...

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 10:16:51 pm »
thanks ted and jack for the compliments etc. ,and jack  i know what you mean jack i have back and neck pain and now am on flexeril pills for pain . as a austrailian would say ... golden years my arse !!lol !

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 03:41:49 am »
Yeah, and if you're real lucky, wisdom creaps in to tell you what you coulda, woulda, shoulda done in hindsight. Only if you're real, real lucky it kicks in before ya open your mouth or make a decision. ( Talkin' about me).[:D] and lol at myself for posting while asleep at the wheel.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 03:58:53 am by tedathome »
ted