Author Topic: anyone willing to part w/old hal 5 disk?  (Read 5711 times)

brianstorm

• View Profile
anyone willing to part w/old hal 5 disk?
« on: February 09, 2013, 06:39:24 pm »

Hello to all my fellow programmer warriors at the front!

Is anyone out there willing to part with their old , obsolete hal 5 disk? or a place to obtain one? I have been reviewing the new hal 6
and I feel I am not ready to go to this all DB all the time stuff. Many of the modules I have made are not
compatible with database protocols.

BTW,  some of you may recognize me ; I am the one responsible for AutoX being incorporated into hal by
Medekza when he was building  Hal 5  (evidently, no one knows what it is for as I haven't seen any
programming examples that would indicate that) (you never know, there may, but I cannot say at this time).
here: Tenet 1: It is not supposed to be a Betsy Wetsy!! Step 1 = get her to shut up in AutoX mode.

Recently , I have had a cloud burst of all  the potential AutoX Is capable of. I have been programming on
my old hot rod computer e.d.g.a.r.  for approx. 3 weeks straight .I have a new computer called the HIVE
that I want to move hal over to as it is running at over 10 gig cpu!(why would that be important?)

shout out  to O.T.C.E2005  ,VonSmith, art, spydas , DonFerguson ,Et. All .  I am sorry I can not join in on the discussion;
but I can say I am on to something.  I have matches and I have a can of gas...

Hopefully, someone can help me out                                                CatAtomic

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: anyone willing to part w/old hal 5 disk?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 07:06:04 am »
Why not ask Robert Medeksza if he still has some older CD's around that he might sell you really cheaply.
After all, it's still his product.  ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

brianstorm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 01:26:22 pm »

Idon't know why but all my emails to zabaware are being returned unopened , however I was able to get through to place order for the new hal6 originally.   i got cold feet and then I tried to contact them to see
about hal 5 replacement disk but can't get through.

I had a better question though:    Does anyone know if the hal 6 is compatible with the hal 5 brain editor?
 or if the ,brn wordpad files can co-exist along with the new structure of hal 6?   

can some one find out  (it would be a straightforward experiment to find this out) and post it?

CatA

systemshock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 05:09:40 pm »
not sure still new to this one ...

but i know the hal 5 plugin work ...
Hal 6 has some of the best  packaged with it..

and there is some amazing work here ...(just asking for modding and extending)
I am quietly plugin away on some really good stuff for april...
"frog's in too princess's" it just basic NLP...

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 05:59:05 pm »
I think Hal 5 used .brn files whereas Hal 6 uses Tables to organize received data.

The two are not (IMHO) compatible AFAIK.

Someone else please jump in if you believe differently.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 10:10:59 pm »
Sorry for my slow welcome back, but welcome back. I'd be happy to send you an old Hal 5, feel free to PM me if you haven't found a copy yet.
Robert Medeksza

brianstorm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 09:56:50 pm »

ok I got it!   in case the PM didn;t work thank you for your understanding in this matter.  I will take your advice about   sql and learn about it, ..but not today  i think i have a friend of mine that has been asking about moving day  -that day is today!     
                                                                                             CatAtomic   &   Autonomic