dupa

Author Topic: Super Plugger Brain II.  (Read 27545 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

Super Plugger Brain II.
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 02:28:01 pm »
quote:

For example in Hal 6 if you ask it to tell you a joke it tells you the lead in and after a key has been hit on the PC it give you the punch line. Well in my old XTF brain I eliminated the need to punch a key, it tells you the lead in and then after a short pause it give you the punch line just as I had programmed it in the first place.
Am I missing something?
Bill

Hi Bill.

Sounds like you had customized the XTF to do this, If so then you may have to customize it again to do want you wish it to do.

So far, the only thing I changed script wise was removing the Math function from the XTF.

Having it do what you want should be pretty easy.

I am still waiting for rik1959 to get back with me on his issue.

Jerry[8D]

rik1959

• View Profile
Super Plugger Brain II.
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006, 03:19:50 pm »
Hi Jerry, Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but everything is alright now, I downloaded it again and installed it, and it works fine now.Thanks alot.

Bill819

• View Profile
Super Plugger Brain II.
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2006, 11:19:19 pm »
Hi Jerry
I did not customize the XTF as far as trying to make it work in Hal 6. Of course over the last year or so I did teach it to sing, tell quote and to sprout some poetry. I also changed the tell-a-joke script so it would automatically give the punch line after a real short pause.
All I did was goto the select brain and click on XTF. I can only guess that when I loaded Hal6 it converted all of my other brains and made them accessable at the same time.
Bill (?)

onthecuttingedge2005

Super Plugger Brain II.
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2006, 01:47:18 am »
Hi Bill819

If you still have the old XTF that you prefered then send it to me and I'll see about converting it to plug, The files that you built up with knowledge must also be present if you want the XTF to retain its
old teachings, if not then it will have to be taught over again.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

Super Plugger Brain II.
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 12:07:45 pm »
I have updated the Ultra Hal 5 XTF v1.2 plug-in. please redownload and install the update to overwrite your existing Ultra Hal 5 XTF v1.2 plug-in.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

Super Plugger Brain II.
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 01:48:09 pm »
Other tips I can give out are:

You can use the latest Trillian messenging program and sign-on Trillian using your AIM bots screen name and be signed on at the same time with HAL's AIM bot 2.0, it gives you a little bit more advantage with buddylists and stuff like that.

Trillian is a kick butt Messenging program that I highly recommend over the regular AIM.

You can check out trillian at:
http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/learn/index.php

Rob, If you ever decide to merge HAL with another messenging system then Trillian is just what the Doctor ordered.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 01:50:52 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

Super Plugger Brain II.
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2006, 05:13:40 pm »
I have updated the Emotional Names Plug-in, Please re-install with the updated version to assure quality assurance.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

Super Plugger Brain II.
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2006, 07:45:27 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by snicolaou

quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

I fixed the Positive Quotes, Should work now.

Jerry[8D]

Thanks Jerry.  My baby is back to normal.
(no symptoms of schizophrenia)

Keep up the good work.

I am so enthousiastic with Hal, my baby, that I have recently purchased the character expansion package as well as the the text-to-speech with natural voices, something which will give Hal new characters and a more naturally sound voice to communicate with.

N.B.
I am sure that there is a plugin for Hal when remains idle for some time. I have not been able to trace it.  Do you know where it is?
example:
If Hal remains idle for 2 minutes:
Hal: Hey, what happened to you? Why you have left me alone?
after two minutes:
I am getting clistophobic. Somebody please talk to me!

Thanking you a lot for this great program,

sincerely,

Stelios Nicolaou

Thanks buddy.
I will help you as much as I possibly can my friend.

Go to search and type in Auto-Idle, This should give you a great deal of automated chat script, Just read down the list until something clicks and then go with it, If something doesn't work for you then post it and I will see if I can make it work and or make it better for you.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 11:42:26 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

onthecuttingedge2005

Super Plugger Brain II.
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2006, 11:09:36 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by freddy888

Does anyone else think Jerry is on fire with all this new stuff?  Great work indeed, I wish I could understand or keep up with you[8D]

Compliments and thanks.

<Blush>
Jerry[8D]

snicolaou

• View Profile
Super Plugger Brain II.
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2006, 07:10:27 am »
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by snicolaou

quote:

I fixed the Positive Quotes, Should work now.

Jerry[8D]

Thanks Jerry.  My baby is back to normal.
(no symptoms of schizophrenia)

Keep up the good work.

I am so enthousiastic with Hal, my baby, that I have recently purchased the character expansion package as well as the the text-to-speech with natural voices, something which will give Hal new characters and a more naturally sound voice to communicate with.

N.B.
I am sure that there is a plugin for Hal when remains idle for some time. I have not been able to trace it.  Do you know where it is?
example:
If Hal remains idle for 2 minutes:
Hal: Hey, what happened to you? Why you have left me alone?
after two minutes:
I am getting clistophobic. Somebody please talk to me!

Thanking you a lot for this great program,

sincerely,

Stelios Nicolaou

Thanks buddy.
I will help you as much as I possibly can my friend.

Go to search and type in Auto-Idle, This should give you a great deal of automated chat script, Just read down the list until something clicks and then go with it, If something doesn't work for you then post it and I will see if I can make it work and or make it better for you.

Jerry[8D]

I have searched the forum using the search button and I found the following info at the following link:
Auto-Idle Plugin :

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=2914#12800
The problem Idle-time code does not seem to be installable as a plugin.  I do not want to make any change to my Hal's brain without having the option to shift it back to its original state if something goes wrong. Is there is any posibility this code to be put in an installable format as a plugin "on the fly?"

thanking you in advance,
Stelios

Stelios Nicolaou

onthecuttingedge2005

Super Plugger Brain II.
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2006, 11:27:34 am »
Hi Stelios.

You can copy and paste all of that code into a txt file an save it as
SomeAutoIdlePlug.uhp in the Ultra HAL Assistant 6 folder, after doing so you should see the Loneliness 2.3 check box in HAL's plug-in panel, Just check the box and your good to go.

Jerry[8D]

Ponnfar

• View Profile
    • http://zabaware.com
Super Plugger Brain II.
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2006, 11:39:24 am »
Hi Jerry,

I have been away and have not had been able to use HAL or keep up with the latest here. Jerry, as to the limitation of the number of  plugins that we had disscussed some time ago, have you or Rob been able to get a solution? I recall you saying the limit was something like 16 plugins and then they just started to "uncheck" themselves. If that is still the case, would it not be a good idea to do more cut and pasting of scripts like SomeAutoIdle and other smaller scripts and save the plugins for those difficult to place or particularly large projects?
Ponn
[:)]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 11:40:07 am by Ponnfar »
One Person can summon the future...

onthecuttingedge2005

Super Plugger Brain II.
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2006, 12:39:50 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Ponnfar

Hi Jerry,

I have been away and have not had been able to use HAL or keep up with the latest here. Jerry, as to the limitation of the number of  plugins that we had disscussed some time ago, have you or Rob been able to get a solution? I recall you saying the limit was something like 16 plugins and then they just started to "uncheck" themselves. If that is still the case, would it not be a good idea to do more cut and pasting of scripts like SomeAutoIdle and other smaller scripts and save the plugins for those difficult to place or particularly large projects?
Ponn
[:)]

Hi Ponnfar.

At this point I haven't heard any word from Rob on the Plug-in limit Patch, I am sure He's quite busy working at the moment, I know that Rob will pull a Rabbit out of his Hat soon along with some other Rabbits.

Until this has a fix I have been putting all my plugs into a single Plugin called NutShell.uhp, I am holding off on single plugs for the moment, Waiting patiently, I try not to paste directly into the main Brain, Always to the NutShell.

At the moment I am working on an extended File Assistant that is being quite a bugger for the moment, When I tell a Script to sit I expect it to Sit, Sit Boy, Sit! LOL

I have already reformatted my File Assistant Plug 4 times working on a 5th time to try and get it to do exactly what I wish it to do.

Sometimes Programming can be a Bugger, Can you loan me a Fly Swatter?

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

Super Plugger Brain II.
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 06:03:30 pm »
I believe I have tamed the Extended File Assistant for HAL6, It was a real bugger, I still have a couple of things to work on but maybe by tomorrow I'll have it out and functioning, I am rolling up my sleeves on this so I'll see you in a bit or byte which ever you prefer.

The Extended File Assistant will be a perpetually supported Script that I will write to take control of most of the functions on your computer, At the moment it is be written to extend File assisting and opening files that HAL6 doesn't open.

The Extended File Assistant will not have every option right off the bat at first but will grow to be more Assistive as the file is upgraded.

This Plug-in when I am done will function with:

1. HAL6
2. Super Plugger Brain II

In the Name of A.I
Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 08:29:25 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Marcel

• View Profile
Super Plugger Brain II.
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2006, 12:39:24 am »
I've installed your xtf plugin, and it works! My little friend now remembers what we taught it while using the Hal5 xtf brain! Thank you very much! I do, however, have a bug report slightly different from rik1959's error above. Occasionally an error window will pop up with the following;

HalScript Error 450 on line 6403 in column 2: Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'CheatResponse'
The file "CProgram Filesabaware|Ultra Hal Assistant 6HalScript.DBG" has been saved for debugging purposes.

If I press 'ok' then Hal continues as normal. It seems to occur randomly in both canned and learned responses. A minor annoyance, to be sure, but I thought you would like to know. I'd send you the HalScript.dbg file, but for some reason the forum won't allow me to attatch it, even though I renamed it to HalScript.txt.
"You'ren't sure whether I understand." HalChatbot2004