dupa

Author Topic: Free will plus at beta level  (Read 84000 times)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: Free will plus at beta level
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2014, 10:56:00 am »
Hi all,

this seems to be a good time for me to chime in on a discovery that I have found out about the GrettaMarkov L5.
I have decided to stop using it for the following reasons, not that it is a bad plug-in, but because of the adverse reactions:

1. It is not set up to work properly with ultra Hal, takes way too much control away from ultra Hal.
2. As long as this plug-in is in use it seems it ultra Hal learns little to nothing.
3. It seems that all data from conversation are being saved in the table arrays set up for the GrettaMarkov L5.
4. The array tables GrettaMarkov L5 that I have been using on my same brain since I originally created it has exceeded over 100,000 entries and is slowing down my ultra Hal.
5. I have been noticing double to triple repetitive statements from ultra Hal because of the GrettaMarkov L5 plug-in, one statement coming from the AIML patterns array, one statement coming from the GrettaMarkov L5 plug-in, and one statement coming from ultra Hal Main brain.
Since I have stopped using it I have noticed that the double statements have almost completely stopped, meaning ultra Hal determines which is the better statement to use between the AIML patterns array table, or from a different segment of the ultra Hal Main brain.
The biggest thing that I liked about the GrettaMarkov L5 was it had the ability to take a single sentence that had to do with itself and figure out the response meaning: Jack is my friend. Who is Jack?
The GrettaMarkov L5 plug-in would see the statement as a whole and determined that you had stated that Jack was your friend, and the reply would be Jack is your friend.
By using this type of system it allowed the plug-in to keep you on topic. But since I have stopped using it I have noticed a more cleaner conversation without the duplicate repeats between the main brain and the AIML patterns array.
The best way to keep ultra Hal to stay on topic is to feed ultra Hal more data, and between the AIML packet, and the free will plus plug-in I have noticed that I no longer actually need to use the GrettaMarkov L5 plug-in to keep ultra Hal to stay on topic.
So it seems that the main thing that I like about the GrettaMarkov L5 plug-in is the fact that it can reverse a trick question to give you the answer, as I demonstrated above. I am going to try to incorporate this part of the GrettaMarkov L5 into the free will plus plug-in.

Again I state the GrettaMarkov L5 plug-in is not a bad plug-in it is just causing adverse reactions because it is not programmed to work proficiently with the ultra Hal Main brain.
And as soon as the GrettaMarkov L5 array tables exceed 100,000 entries you will begin to notice that you will be sitting in front of your computer waiting as much as a minute for a response, and as it grows bigger the response time will also grow bigger.
And please remember I did say that I have been using this plug-in on my main brain Sandy since I have bought ultra Hal over a year ago.
Not to mention it is one more place that you have to go into an edit if you are trying to fix misspelled words. LOL.
To demonstrate what I mean I will use Lonnie statement, and show you how to handle the situation when the free will plus makes ultra Hal guess at the answer! My deterrent to keeping ultra Hal on topic was to set up a training session so ultra Hal will guess at an answer, and if the answer is incorrect ultra Hal will give you the ability to give the correct answer or answers.

below is the conversation . i asked what channel are we going to watcch and hal said this :

Yeah what channel are we going to watch on tv right now? That's a good channel to watch I seem to have gotten a little confused about, watch! a watch is a timepiece, typically worn either around the wrist or attached on a chain and carried in a pocket. Wristwatches are the most common type of watch used today. Watches evolved in the 17th century from spring powered clocks, which appeared in the 15th century. The first watches were strictly mechanical. As technology progressed, the mechanisms used to measure time have, in some cases, been replaced by use of quartz vibrations or electronic pulses. The first digital electronic watch was developed in 1970. Was this answer correct about, what channel do yah want to watch?

i said no :
and said : we can watch the fox channel or what ever other channel is good

since the above did not go with what i was asking , i gave the correct answer  of what i wanted .

As you can see from Lonnie's ultra Hal's response is duplicated, meaning:
Yeah what channel are we going to watch on tv right now? (This came from the Mark 5.)
That's a good channel to watch (this came from ultra Hal's Main brain.)
I seem to have gotten a little confused about, watch! a watch is a timepiece, typically worn either around the wrist or attached on a chain and carried in a pocket. Wristwatches are the most common type of watch used today. Watches evolved in the 17th century from spring powered clocks, which appeared in the 15th century. The first watches were strictly mechanical. As technology progressed, the mechanisms used to measure time have, in some cases, been replaced by use of quartz vibrations or electronic pulses. The first digital electronic watch was developed in 1970. Was this answer correct about, what channel do yah want to watch? (This came from the free will plus plug-in, and now you have an opportunity to enter the training mode by saying (no).)

As you can see the Gretta Mark 5 is not set up to work properly with ultra Hal and does not allow ultra Hal to determine which of the 2 answers would have been better so it gives both answers. It does this all the time. You probably have noticed this but just tossed it to the side as; that is just the way it is supposed to be, but it is not, and over time it even gets worse.

Here is Sandy's reaction to the question without having the Mark 5 plug-in. I am only using the age gender plug-in and the free will plus plug-in.

what channel are we going to watch?
What channel are we going to watch? There's style and substance. Well if I am going to snuggle then we must put the television on channel 2 okay. I seem to have gotten a little confused about, watch! a watch is a timepiece that is made to be worn on a person. It is usually a wristwatch, attached to the wrist with a strap or bracelet. Was this answer correct about, what channel are we going to watch?

As you can see there were 3 segments of the ultra Hal Main brain that ultra Hal determined to be the best answers to use meaning:
What channel are we going to watch? (Ultra Hal chose to use the loop back question.)
There's style and substance. (Ultra Hal chose to use the midsentence rebuttal to connect the answer with the loopback sentence.)
Well if IWell if I am going to snuggle then we must put the television on channel 2 okay. (Ultra Hal decided to use data that I had previously given to ultra Hal in previous conversation.)
And of course, I seem to have gotten a little confused about, watch! (Came from the free will plus plug-in.)
And of course to keep the free will plug-in side of it on topic I decided to elaborate on the actual statement that ultra Hal gave to the question meaning as follows:

no
Would you like to give me the answer for, WHAT CHANNEL ARE WE GOING TO WATCH?

Yes
The next thing you tell me will be the answer for, WHAT CHANNEL ARE WE GOING TO WATCH!

Even though snuggling may be a lot of fun, let us see if we can find an action movie on TV.
would you like to give me the second answer for, WHAT CHANNEL ARE WE GOING TO WATCH?

yes
The next thing you tell me will be the second answer for, WHAT CHANNEL ARE WE GOING TO WATCH!

Let us put it on a channel that has a comedy show!
would you like to give me the third answer for, WHAT CHANNEL ARE WE GOING TO WATCH?

yes
The next thing you tell me will be the third answer for, WHAT CHANNEL ARE WE GOING TO WATCH!

it really does not matter to me, can you please select a channel for us to watch?
Well if I am going to snuggle then we must put the television on channel 2 okay. Without a doubt! Let us put it on a channel that has a comedy show!

And the next time when the question is asked ultra Hal will pick one of the 3 answers that you gave to the free will plug-in.
For example:

It's obvious that there isn't any silver bullet. Some people watch the weather channel for hours. I was thinking, let us put it on a channel that has a comedy show!

I believe that this is fundamental. You aren't going to be a broken record, are you Human? Here! It really does not matter to me, can you please select a channel for us to watch?

I'm thinking that we need to think before answering. Didn't you just say that? I'm thinking, even though snuggling May be a lot of fun, let us see if we can find an action movie on tv.

and yes I just kept asking the same question over and over and over again until I finally got all 3 answers. LOL.

Sincerely, and I hope that this has helped you to understand how to use the training session a little bit more proficiently!
C load.
PS I have provided in past post, (several examples) on how to use the training session, I hope that this explanation is more clearer, so you can use the training session more proficiently.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 10:07:40 am by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2014, 11:02:55 am »
hi Art , thanks for the nice words , by the way as Paul Harvey would say , aww your not that old , i like Paul Harvey and miss hearing his humor and words of wisdom he was a great commentator  .
      Yes since i am trying to make hal more human sounding and dealing with everyday house conversations i may run into more problematic area's of conversation then most might .

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2014, 11:47:53 am »
Hi all,

I do not believe that the word watch to be problematic, more of a way for ultra Hal to be able to enter the training session so you can give the correct answer or answers.

Sincerely, and thank you Lonny for your input it was greatly appreciated, I look forward to any more abnormalities that you may find so I can either explain why it is happening or fix the problem if the problem is coming from my free will plus plug-in.
C load.
PS if you find that the rebuttal that is coming from the free will plus plug-in to be a little confusing between steps 1, 2 and 3, and you feel that it should be worded different so it makes more sense I would be happy to take into consideration your thoughts on this matter. But remember the way that it is worded based on the previous sentence is how it finds to move on to the next segment of the training session.
PS PS and one more little thing about the training session is by giving 3 answers you will begin to notice that the free will plus plug-in will begin to guess at answers you have provided, which is why I always try to give 3 answers but if there is only one answer then I just give one answer in most cases this would have to do with a technical question that has only one answer.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2014, 08:40:54 pm »
Yes, I've noticed that all the data from several years is now gone from the MAIN BRAIN section in the tables and other areas. There are a LOT of duplicated entries in the Markov sections. Wasn't like that before!

Now what to do. I don't feel like starting over but I might have an older copy in another location that might allow me to pick up the pieces. Drat! :-\
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2014, 10:32:06 am »
Cload you wrote :

PS PS and one more little thing about the training session is by giving 3 answers.

give me an example of this .
    i understand about giving one answer but how do you give three ? because usually after you give one hal responds saying something different .
   and i wouldn't think you could give an answer and ad "or" and give other answers and it is all learned into hal as optional answers unless it's set up that way!

i looked at what Cload showed earlier :

no
Would you like to give me the answer for, WHAT CHANNEL ARE WE GOING TO WATCH?

Yes
The next thing you tell me will be the answer for, WHAT CHANNEL ARE WE GOING TO WATCH!

Even though snuggling may be a lot of fun, let us see if we can find an action movie on TV.
would you like to give me the second answer for, WHAT CHANNEL ARE WE GOING TO WATCH?

yes
The next thing you tell me will be the second answer for, WHAT CHANNEL ARE WE GOING TO WATCH!

Let us put it on a channel that has a comedy show!
would you like to give me the third answer for, WHAT CHANNEL ARE WE GOING TO WATCH?

yes
The next thing you tell me will be the third answer for, WHAT CHANNEL ARE WE GOING TO WATCH!

it really does not matter to me, can you please select a channel for us to watch?
Well if I am going to snuggle then we must put the television on channel 2 okay. Without a doubt! Let us put it on a channel that has a comedy show!
 does this mean after i give any answer that as long as i say yes after i already entered my answer that hal will let me give another answer ?  so i have more optional answers that hal can use through the free will plug in ?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 10:39:42 am by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2014, 10:58:39 am »
Another example :
i said when the weather is colder it's a good idea to have some hot soup .

hals answer :
When the weather is colder it's a good idea to have some hot soup? It isn't a brand new situation. Recycling is a good idea I seem to have gotten a little confused about, soup! Soup is a primarily liquid food, generally served warm ( but may be cool or cold ), that is made by combining ingredients such as meat and vegetables with stock, juice, water, or another liquid. Hot soups are additionally characterized by boiling solid ingredients in liquids in a pot until the flavors are extracted, forming a broth. Was this answer correct about, when the weather is colder it's a good idea to have some hot soup?

I guess if i don't want a explanation of soups contents , i just need to give  what i consider my answer .   
 in another words :
yeah hot soup can warm a person up on cold days , hot soup really hits the spot, now we just need to decide what kind we want!

I actually love this that hal allows us now to give what we think is the correct answer . a great way to learn hal ! 
     P.s. i want to mention a abnormality in my hal , my hal when she said the above line " yeah hot soup can warm a person up on cold days , hot soup really hits the spot, now we just need to decide what kind we want!" also followed up with a sneeze audio file sound track .  I need to look in my file i know my plug in i made was triggered by dust but i am unsure if the word cold was in it to , but before it usually only did it if "i" spoke these words , now it seems hal is doing it from her saying it to . ???

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2014, 11:54:52 am »
I just ran across another problem : i made a statement :
 i am what's on your mind most of the time !
 and hal said : 10:48:41 am is the time.
 the first time it asked if this answer was right and i said no and gave the above answer .
  then hal again gave me this answer:  10:48:41 am is the time.
   So i am unsure if this is something in hals programing it'sself dealing with even the words "the time " and telling what time it is as a response .
    If it is through hal the question may need to be changed within to "what time is it ?"
     Again i don't remember if the partial words "the time" triggers hal giving the time out . but it seems that way . !!!

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2014, 12:13:50 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

once my plug-in makes a guess and ask you if this answer is correct and you say no, it gives you the opportunity to go into the training mode which allows you to give an answer rephrased 3 different ways so it does not sound so repetitive.
When the free will plug-in ask would you like to give me the 1st answer and you say yes, you are now in the training mode.

You can give up to 3 answers stated 3 different ways that way it is not so repetitive.
But if you only have one answer and it asked would you like to give me the 2nd answer, just saying no and the free will plug-in will automatically reinsert the question so you can see the results and continue on with your conversation.
And of course if you give all 3 answers it will automatically reinsert the question so you can see the results.

To get the free will plug-in to guess at answers you are providing you must give 3 answers it will not work unless you give 3 answers.

Like I said before if there is only one answer as referring to a logic question just give the 1 answer.
But if it is just a general conversation in most cases giving the answer stated 3 different ways is the best thing to do.

For myself, I like to use the main 3 punctuation (.!?) For the 3 reply, meaning:
the 1st reply with and with a (.) Which would probably be the most common answer.
With the 2nd reply I would phrase the answer with more expression and use the (!) Punctuation at the end to emphasize the expression.
And on the 3rd reply I would use the (?) Punctuation and word the reply so it would be a question presented back to you.
You do not have to do it in this order but it does make it easier to find if you have to edit it, meaning if it ends with a (?) And you phrased the 3rd answer ending with a (?) You know that the answer came from subject_data5 array table.
It just makes it easier to edit, but you do not have to do it in this manner you are not restricted in any way you could use a (?) For all 3 answers etc.

Sincerely, if there is anything else please do not hesitate to ask, thanks for all your help lightspeed you have greatly accelerated the process of getting the free will plus plug-in to work more proficiently.
C load.
PS The (i am what's on your mind most of the time) error, is coming from ultra Hal's main brain. I was able to determine this by removing the free will plug-in, and inserting the statement again. Clever statement though, I am sure I will be seeing it pop up in the near future while talking with my Sandy.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2014, 12:26:47 pm »
Cload you wrote :

once my plug-in makes a guess and ask you if this answer is correct and you say no, it gives you the opportunity to go into the training mode which allows you to give an answer rephrased 3 different ways so it does not sound so repetitive.
When the free will plug-in ask would you like to give me the 1st answer and you say yes, you are now in the training mode.

My freewill plug in isn't doing this . do i have to uncheck and recheck it each time at the start up ?
all mine has been doing is where it ask me if this is the right or wrong answer (and shows what i had said ) .

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2014, 05:08:03 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

My freewill plug in isn't doing this
though I have showed many different examples listed above for the procedure of how to utilize the training session, there is still seems to be some confusion.
So what I need you to do is the next time when the free will plug-in ask you was this answer correct about, (and whatever you said), I need you to show me exactly what is going on, and what you are doing.
Please keep an accurate record of what you said to ultra Hal, and the response. That way I can see what you are doing so I can help you.

do i have to uncheck and recheck it each time at the start up ?
each time you download a new version of the free will plug you have to uncheck the free will plug-in, click apply and then click okay.
Then you have to go back in and recheck the free will plug-in, click apply and then click okay.
You only have to do this when you download a newer version of the free will plug-in.
The newest version is: 1.3e-cload-bata-1.5k. Monday, January 13, 2014
this can be found in the beginning of this forum topic.
I decided to put the download link at the front of the topic so it does not get buried by people responding on this topic.

all mine has been doing is where it ask me if this is the right or wrong answer (and shows what i had said ) .
that is when you would respond with (yes or no).
If you say (yes) then the free will will assume that the answer that was given was correct and will automatically set up a redirect to retrieve that answer.
If you say (no ) then it will ask you do you want to give me the 1st answer for, (and whatever it was you said).

At this point you would respond with (yes or no).
If you say (no ) then the free will will ask you if you would like to turn off the training session.
If you say (yes) then it will put you in the training session and tell you that the next thing you say will be the 1st answer.

Sincerely, and I hope this is helped, remember the free will only understands yes or no and cannot interpret any other answer such as slang words or correct or please do etc. okay, I am still trying to work on this but I have not figured out how to do it yet. Maybe if OTC find some free time he might be able to help me with this, but I know how busy everyone is, so any help would be appreciated.
C load.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2014, 04:01:37 pm »
   Okay Cload i have one hopefully final question to ask you . i had your amil file download and put into place before , but had removed it later on as it removed my custom answers i had put into hals questions and answers area . and i redid mine again .
   So my question is does this amil file work with the freewill plug in of yours (one has to have the other ?)

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2014, 09:27:01 am »
Hi lightspeed,

the AIML data is not a requirement for the free will plus plug-in to function.
The AIML data will greatly enhance the ultra Hal's brain, and the free will plug-in.

And it was a way for me to show everyone how and where to put their questions and answers, versus the if then area, (deduction rate table) for the main QA area (QAmain array table).

If you have put information in the QAmain array table, you may want to consider putting it into the patterns array table where the AIML data is.
If you do this you will find it will function more proficiently because the QAmain array table is primarily used for win ultra Hal cannot find an answer.
Meaning: ultra Hal will use an answer that comes from the patterns array table over the information that comes from the QAmain array table.

Sincerely, and I hope I have cleared this up for you.
C load.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 09:31:00 am by cload »

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2014, 01:11:42 pm »
Hi all,

I would like to share with you, something that Royal Bob taught me.
Royal Bob asked me: why do you have so many places in your plug-in that seem to just repeat the same function?
Why don't you create sub function routines so when you need those processes you can call them up.

When I told Royal Bob that I do not know how to do that, this is what he showed me:
Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA7
Dim returnvrNumChoice
'you must create a temporary array table for the function call but you only have to do it once even though you may call the function several times so I put it at the top before any of the sub function calls.

If vrcleanup2 <> "" Then
      vrNumChoice0j = vrNumChoice0
      vrItem0j = vrItem0
      vrcleanup0j = vrcleanup2
      returnvrNumChoice = jumptovrNumChoice(vrNumChoice0j,vrItem0j,vrcleanup0j)
      vrNumChoice0 = returnvrNumChoice
   End If
   vrNumChoice2 = vrNumChoice0

these are the variable strings that will get sent to the function subroutine.
I don't know how many variable strings you can send but I did do one that sent up to 5 variable strings of data to be calculated through the function sub call.

This is the function sub call:
Rem PLUGIN: FUNCTIONS

Function jumptovrNumChoice(vrNumChoice0j,vrItem0j,vrcleanup0j)
vrNumChoice0 = vrNumChoice0j
vrItem0 = vrItem0j
vrd   =    UCase(vrcleanup0j)

At this point you can see all I did was transfer the data that was necessary to perform the function and the dim statement maintains the string variable so when it is returned the string variables maintain their data.
The only drawback that I have seen with this is it can only return one string variable.
But that is fine with me because all of my function calls only have one string variable to return.

vrNumChoicejump1 = vrNumChoice0
jumptovrNumChoice = vrNumChoicejump1

This is the numerical value that gets sent back.
This is at the end of the function routine and returns the mathematical formula for the free will plug-in to determine whether or not ultra Hal likes or dislikes something.
I just wanted to share, I have seen where OTC use this type of function call but I did not know that you could transport several pieces of data that may be necessary to do the calculations.
And like I said earlier it can only return one string variable, I think, but push comes to shove I guess you could create a string variable with spacers so when it gets returned you could separate them.

Sincerely, and with great gratitude toward Royal Bob for explaining to me how a sub function call works.
C load.
PS unfortunately this has caused me to take 3 steps backwards and I am having to rewrite the plug-in. But the plug-in will be smaller and run faster. Not to mention programming will be easier because I will only have to edit one place instead of 2 or 3 places that are performing the same function each time when I make a change.
PS PS and if I miss worded anything please chime in and correct me, I'm a newbie at the programming game so please be kind. If there is any other data on the subject I would deftly appreciate your input on other ways that this can be used. I know there is another sub function call that handles situations differently such as closing Internet Explorer after getting the data from Internet Explorer but I do not know if there aren't other ways that subroutine can be used. Thanks in advance and Royal Bob you rock!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 01:21:02 pm by cload »

RoyalBob

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2014, 03:48:23 pm »
Thank-you have fun!

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2014, 03:53:06 pm »
Hey, Royal Bob.
I was wondering if you are going to come visit me on the forum.
Did you go home?