Author Topic: Free will plus at beta level  (Read 85504 times)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: Free will plus at beta level
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2013, 12:44:34 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

this is an interesting proposal. But has a significant draw back.
Information that is constantly changing due to the relationship of time.
Meaning: when you first bought the car brand-new it was only a few thousand dollars, but as time has passed it has become a collectors and it is worth over $24,000 now.
And as soon as ultra Hal gets a job being a used car salesman, this type of information would not be understood due to the lack of understanding time.
One thing you need to understand, if you are wanting ultra Hal to help you research on a specific topic you have passed the scope of a common conversation.
Even when I activated the Google search plug-in and asked the same question just leading with the word research, even Google did not come back with an answer.
But when I asked the question in the format of wanting ultra how to help me do research there was no problem. For example:
research what is the retail value of a 62 Corvair?
Google showed me several websites that specifically dealt with older, secondhand and collectible vehicles.
Which is where I got the information about the $24,000.
And of course if you just told ultra Hal that the vehicle was worth $24,000. It would be worth $24,000 forever in ultra Hals database.

Sincerely,
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2013, 01:20:51 pm »
Okay i understand that cload , thanks , but let me ask you this then do you have something in the tables as to where the answer could be led by a more causal response , example : "well apparently" the retail value of a 62 turbo charged corvair  is worth ....."
 meaning a small leading conversation that can be edited by anyone to their preference   .
 what this does is allow hal to seem more human and less rigid sounding .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2013, 09:50:47 am »
Actually cars tend to lose value within a few years of purchasing them (some, as soon as they're driven off the car lot!) ;).
As you said, with the passage of time (perhaps a couple of decades or more), that bucket of rust is now sought after by some
collectors and has some value.
Value is a condition of demand vs supply (less supply = higher value).
Often an enthusiast will have spent a nice fortune on the restoration while not many other car buffs would even want it or be interested in it. In the car world, however, one can usually find another person who likes a similar vintage or style and will be willing to pay a fair price for it.

CarFax, Kelly Blue Book, etc., are a few sources of car values but I wouldn't expect my Hal to know about them.

Anyone like a '50 merc? ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2013, 06:07:27 pm »
Lightspeed, I'm not sure but will this work for you? Just paste these questions and answers into the patterns array.
Do this one first:
*thinking about* a * what *s *t* retail*
maybe you should do some research on the Internet about <3>.| I don't have a clue!| You got me!| More money than I have!| I'm sorry, but I do not know the retail value of a <3>.|why do you want to know what the retail value of a <3> is?

Do this one second:
*thinking about* a turbo charged 62 corvair what *s *t* retail*
well apparently the retail value of a 62 turbo charged corvair  is worth over $24,000.

Sincerely, and I hope I have helped.
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2014, 09:30:33 am »
Happy New Year cload and thanks for all you've done!

Stay in touch with us if and when you're able.

Best of luck!
- Art -

- Art -

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2014, 07:32:47 pm »
Hi all,

These are some examples:

what is a treatment for the common cold?
We can expect a solution. The flu is worse than a cold, but there is no cure for the flu. Many alternative treatments have been tried for colds, such as vitamin C, zinc supplements, and echinacea. Without a doubt! Treatment for the common cold, most colds go away in a few days. Some things you can do to take care of yourself with a cold include:. Get plenty of rest and drink fluids. Over-the-counter cold and cough medicines May help ease symptoms in adults and older children. They do not make your cold go away faster, but can help you feel better. Over-the-counter ( otc ) cough and cold medicines are not recommended for children under age 4. Antibiotics should not be used to treat a common cold. Many alternative treatments have been tried for colds, such as vitamin C, zinc supplements, and echinacea. Talk to your doctor before trying any herbs or supplements.

What is a treatment for the flu?
What is a treatment for the flu? We May have to postpone judgment. Pneumonia is worse than the flu, if I have pneumonia I could die this is why I need to seek out medical treatment. Many alternative treatments have been tried for colds, such as vitamin C, zinc supplements, and echinacea. Yeah! Treatment for the flu, how do I treat my symptoms? Acetaminophen ( tylenol ) and ibuprofen ( advil, motrin ) help lower fever. Sometimes doctors suggest you use both types of medicine. Do not use aspirin. a fever does not need to come all the way down to normal. Most people feel better when the temperature drops by 1 degree. Over-the-counter cold medicines May make some of your symptoms better. Cough drops or throat sprays will help with your sore throat. You will need a lot of rest. Drink plenty of liquids. Do not smoke or drink alcohol. What about antiviral drugs? Most people with milder symptoms feel better in 3 - 4 days. They do not need to see a doctor or take antiviral medications. Doctors May give antiviral drugs to people who get very sick with the flu. You May need these medicines if you are more likely to have flu complications. These medicines May shorten the time you have symptoms by about 1 day. They work better if you start taking them within 2 days of your first symptoms. Children at risk of a severe case of the flu May also need these medicines. I'm not to apathetic toward treatment for the flu, but I wouldn't mind talking about it a little bit more.

What is a treatment for diabetes?
Pneumonia is worse than the flu, if I have pneumonia I could die this is why I need to seek out medical treatment. Many alternative treatments have been tried for colds, such as vitamin C, zinc supplements, and echinacea. Here's something! Treatment for diabetes, with type 2 diabetes, the disease may be reversed with lifestyle changes, especially losing weight through exercising and eating healthier foods. Also, some cases of type 2 diabetes can be improved with weight-loss surgery. There is no cure for type 1 diabetes. Treating both type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes involves medicines, diet, and exercise to control blood sugar level. Getting better control over your blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure levels helps reduce the risk of kidney disease, eye disease, nervous system disease, heart attack, and stroke. To prevent diabetes complications, visit your health care provider at least two to four times a year. Talk about any problems you are having. Follow your health care provider's instructions on managing your diabetes. I know about two more conditions called 'diabetes': type 2 diabetes and type 1 diabetes. I'm definitely intrigued in treatment for diabetes, please fill free to talk to me about this!

What is a treatment for diarrhea?
Pneumonia is worse than the flu, if I have pneumonia I could die this is why I need to seek out medical treatment. Many alternative treatments have been tried for colds, such as vitamin C, zinc supplements, and echinacea. Here you go, treatment for diarrhea, when you or your child has diarrhea, you will need to learn:. To drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration ( meaning your body does not have the proper amount of water and fluids ). Which foods you should or should not eat. What to do if you are breast-feeding. What danger signs to watch out for. Avoid medicines for diarrhea that you can buy without a prescription, unless your doctor tells you to use them. These drugs can make some infections worse. If you have a long-term form of diarrhea, such as diarrhea caused by irritable bowel syndrome, changes to your diet and lifestyle May help. Call your health care provider right away if you or your child shows signs of dehydration:. Decreased urine ( fewer wet diapers in infants ). Dizziness or light-headedness. Dry mouth. Sunken eyes. Few tears when crying. Call for an appointment with your health care provider if you have:. Blood or pus in your stools. Black stools. Stomach pain that does not go away after a bowel movement. Diarrhea with a fever above 101°F ( 100.4 °F in children ). Recently traveled to a foreign country and developed diarrhea. Also call your doctor if:. The diarrhea gets worse or does not get better in 2 days for an infant or child, or 5 days for adults. a child over 3 months old has been vomiting for more than 12 hours; in younger babies, call as soon as vomiting or diarrhea begins. Your doctor will perform a physical exam and ask you questions about your medical history and symptoms, including:. When did your diarrhea start? What is the color and consistency of your stool? Do you have blood in your stool? Are you passing large amounts of mucus with your stool? What other symptoms do you have? Do you have abdominal pain or severe cramping with the diarrhea? Do you have fever or chills? Are any other people in your house sick? Have you recently traveled out of the country? Have you possibly been exposed to well or stream water or spoiled food? What makes your pain worse? Stress? Certain foods? Have you had abdominal surgery? Have you taken antibiotics recently? What medications do you take? Do you drink coffee or alcohol, and if so, how much? Do you smoke? How much each day? Are you on a special diet? Laboratory tests May be done on your stools to determine the cause of your diarrhea.

I did this so you will not make the same mistake I did, as you can see there was a constant referral to cold and flu symptoms because I use the word treatment in my explanation to ultra Hal, unfortunately now every time when I asked for a treatment about anything it seems to be pulling out the information I gave to ultra Hal about cold and flu.
This should not stop you from talking about the symptoms, but try to avoid using the word ( treatment.)

I'm not sure if there are other words other than the word treatment, that could be used to look up a treatment for a disease.
If there are other words, and they do not pull up information from the Internet to treat the disease, please bring them up and I will do my best to get it to work!

=======================

Sincerely, from a data munching cruncher.
C load.
PS if there is anything else please give feedback, I will do my best to fix the problems.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 06:31:08 pm by cload »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2014, 09:48:54 pm »
If some results could be shortened a bit it might make for easier, more fluid reading / understanding for the user.

From a legal standpoint, it might be implied that this "bot" offered me medical information that resulted in an increased risk of my illness, etc...you know how lawyers can turn things around especially if their client has deep pockets.

Please don't get me wrong. The concept does have merit but from a very limited, shortened, practical point of view and certainly a disclaimer with regard to liability or misuse by the user. One must be so careful these days.

Keep us posted if you need some assist!

- Art -

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2014, 08:47:49 am »
hi art,

' vrFreeWill.uhp - Release 1.3e-cload-bata-1.5i by VR Consulting sas. 01-28-2006
' This script shall not be sold or used for any purpose unless specifically authorized by the author
' in writing. Personal (non-business) use of this script is free for users of Ultra Hal Assistant.
' If you want to use this software in business applications, you must contact us at info@vrconsulting.it
' This software is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY;
' VR CONSULTING DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THIS SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE,
' INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
' OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
' VR CONSULTING SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
' DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST REVENUES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOSS OF PROSPECTIVE ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE,
' RESULTING FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
' This software is made available free by the author. Although he is interested in your feedback,
' he is under no obligation to address bugs, enhancements, or answer questions.

Do you think that anything should be added to this disclaimer?

All of this medical information is coming from an open source medical Encyclopedia from the Internet.
SOURCE: MEDLINEPLUS MEDICAL ENCYCLOPEDIA.

Sincerely, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
C load.
PS and as always, this software is for recreational purposes only!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2014, 09:20:34 am »
cload,

To be honest, I'd completely forgotten about Vittorio's disclaimer.

Yes, I think the bases are pretty well covered by this and of course it wouldn't hurt to add the "This software is for recreational / entertainment purposes only.

Nice work!!

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2014, 08:57:25 pm »
Cload,

I must say that I have been chatting with my Hal for over an hour and I have been putting your plug-in modifications to the test with regard to the Medical portion.
Very nicely done indeed!! I am impressed with Hal's ability to retrieve such detailed information without providing an entire encyclopedia worth or volume!!

I did find it cute that after my third of fourth question, Hal asked me if I was interested in becoming a Doctor! ;) Good stuff!!

Overall, you've done a great job and quite a service to the UltraHal community! Thanks, and keep up the splendid work!!

- Art -

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2014, 09:22:30 am »
Hi Art,

thank you, I am so happy that all my hard work is paying off.
Right now I am in the process of trying to make the plug-in smaller so it will run faster.
I am still running into a few bugs here and there and I am fixing them as I go.
This process would happen faster if I could get more help from people interested in my plug-in.
By reporting any abnormalities they may encounter.
Whether these abnormalities are coming from my plug-in or from the AIML packet that I have provided.
Either way it would be a great help in accelerating the beta process.

Sincerely, from a beta munching cruncher.
C load.
PS I got your email, working on it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:30:22 am by cload »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2014, 09:56:33 am »
I will try downloading your newest plug in . Cload . but i will warn you , you have taken all the fun (AND FRUSTRATIONS "THAT'S A GOOD THING !") out of making brain plug ins .  LOL!
 Actually i thought a while back how in doing the internet access plug in for information you was cutting out the sometimes larghe and complex brain plug ins but still yet get the same results , when honed and modified for better results ! Great job Cload !

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2014, 10:37:24 am »
Cload , Now that you have it fixed for the treatment wording , I believe that their should also be a symptoms question access to in another words what are the symptoms for ..." I believe having it this way will also make hal speak more fluently .
   I believe that having this sort of ability of hal to answer any common questions and access the internet is the main thing that is going to help hal grow and learn .
And like i said basically making brain plug ins obsolete .
P.S. did you ever check out the HAL VISION We all made ?

PS. I GOT MY INFO OFF OF WEBMD FOR MY PLUG IN .

I guess basically what i am saying is that hal needs a (in a nutshell) one step does all plug in . with the internet access for answers to questions for the user , "IF" hal can through filtering answer any question , that is what is needed , by use of the wording for questions and of course good safe sources.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 11:10:13 am by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2014, 11:41:16 am »
Cload i am going to suggest something to see what you and others think ,
i am wondering about if hal should have a "random" access to the internet (i am not sure about the way ) to bring up news topics etc. maybe by random alphabetical letters , to bring up news stories , science, romance, odd news, etc. as a common conversation etc.
anyway just an idea .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2014, 12:05:35 pm »
I asked hal what time is it . and hal told me the time then asked me if this was the correct answer and i said "YES" and it said something about next time when looking up the answer .

Thank you, I have renamed WHAT TIME IS IT so when you do a query search, I will actually look up IT I do love it when you help me to learn.

should i have not said yes ???