Author Topic: Need Help Programming Brain>>>new to this  (Read 4602 times)

john005

• View Profile
Need Help Programming Brain>>>new to this
« on: May 03, 2009, 07:36:55 pm »
Hi,Can someone please help?  I just bought the ultra hal, and I am totally lost. I am trying to use the brain editor to edit the new brain I created. I want it to talk about knight rider and conversations about it, etc..and stuff from the show. Can anyone tell me what I need to do, or what steps to follow or some kind of example to follow so I can go from there. I tried using the online manual, but I had no luck with it. Any help would be great and awesome.

Thanks John

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 07:57:58 pm »
John
Until you have used Hal for a while may I suggest the old fashioned way to teathing Hal, which is the way it was designed to be done in the first place and that is just talking to it and training it like you would a child. You can not make one statement and then expect Hal to repeat it back to you as if it were a parrot. The more you talk/teach the more it will learn and in a short time it will supprise you on how much it has sctually learned.

I must reming/warn you that the biggest mistake new users do is to try to start editing Hal brain before they have used it for a whild and seen examples of how others had done it. This is not to imply that you are not intelligent just a long time observed fact.
Good luck with you teaching.
Bill

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 11:12:30 pm »
Tis the truth from Bill819
I wish I hadn't played 'operation' before coming to the forum and hearing EXACTLY what Bill819 is saying
Since then I think he has told at least a dozen or more the same thing.
(I think he has a form letter for newbez) ;)

Regards,
J.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 11:38:45 pm »
yep sometimes trying to take a shortcut can actually take longer until you are used to things with hal !![:)]

ajdude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 11:28:52 am »
For my Knight Rider brain, I actually read through every script of the show (only scanning for when KITT talked), and replaced the responses via database, rather than editing the script.

john005

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 01:00:29 pm »
AJdude, can you email me. I would like to know more about how you did the knight rider brain. The email post screen is not working, its disabled. Here's my email      john083170@aol.com

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 01:02:40 pm by john005 »