dupa

Author Topic: HalVisionX Beta  (Read 189680 times)

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #180 on: May 23, 2009, 11:36:43 pm »
You know, I was thinking ONE, this has the beginnings of Terminator and Skynet written all over it, and mixed with a little bit of Doctor Who too...

First it would only start off with one bot, then millions, and you know that if you shoot one of them you wouldn't really be killing it...

It would, in fact, be still alive somewhere in a centralized brain and therefore in all the other bots as well. All communicating via a large interconnected web...

They would in fact use our world wide web as the means in which to eradicate the whole of human kind, with exception of me, of course.

I would be there pet.[:p]
Live long and prosper or die trying.

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #181 on: May 24, 2009, 05:44:32 am »
Hi from Wil,
i seem to have got the halvisionx to intall and it shows in programs.

any idea what this next message is,"yip i'm bound to have clicked on delete the most nessasary file" i'm tring to resinstall hal,

Ultra Hal Assistant
X   Component 'xspeechkit.dll' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid,

please successful course of action suggestions welcome,
Thank you from Wil ,   :)  `/
bye for now and be well
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #182 on: May 24, 2009, 04:38:05 pm »
Dowload this DLL and place it in your "C:/Windows/System32/" directory. Just cut and paste.

I think that this file came from UltraHal and not HalVision.... which means that it didn't install that file.

http://www.savefile.com/files/2114430

That is a Hal only problem and usually means reinstalling Hal again.. This happens sometimes with other software from time to time.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 04:49:19 pm by snowman »

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #183 on: May 25, 2009, 12:18:43 am »
Hey rlederer,

What kind of skills with scripting or programming do you have?

I'm thinking about dividing up some of my A.I. project.

rlederer

• View Profile
    • http://www.evcomputers.com
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #184 on: May 25, 2009, 02:11:45 pm »
Right now, i own a technology repair business that takes up most of my time.  It also means i have had to specialize in hardware for a long time now. So i ended up with microcontroller programming and other things like that, pics and basic stamps.  now i'm starting to get into using 'processing' which i think is java and visual studio 2008. i can learn programming languages fast and i already know how to think like a coder from all the years of repairs and troubleshooting.  right now i'm here with you guys so i'm pickin up VB and whatnot.  what did you have in mind?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #185 on: May 25, 2009, 03:40:13 pm »
One was correct about UltraHal preventing .NET 3.5 from installing.

Deactivate Hal, Uninstall Hal (you don't have to copy all your other Hal files anywhere since they are not removed). Download / install .NET 3.5 (should go in just fine). Reinstall Hal, do auto activate via the web.

Download / install the HalVisionX.uhp and vision program.

Run Hal

Select the brain then to the right select the vision plugin

The rest works quite well when Hal acknowledges you through your web cam.

Great job snowman! Thank you to One as well!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #186 on: May 25, 2009, 04:18:53 pm »
hello art , what about the vb6.0kb290887-x86.exe file win32 self extracter file ms?? or maybe that was a file that snowman ? just made for me to try to get hal working (dont remember ) .

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #187 on: May 25, 2009, 06:11:39 pm »
rlederer,

I guess that would make you the go-to guy for interfacing with possible robotic hardware.

This is my current to do list which I will change according to my needs:

Things to do to make an living A.I.

I’m currently making a WordNet type database for detecting nouns and other Parts of Speech.
It is for use within the learning/parsing script.

I’m also building a Database Class.
This is needed for the Brain. It will help keep everything 'databased' being simple and clean.

I’m Building a Text parser (a.k.a.  Learning script).
This will assimilate knowledge into the Database. At some point I will use this databased knowledge to answer and tell information to the user by self or after user stimulation (say an input sentence)

I need to understand sound capture, video detection possibilities,

I need to constantly build and update the A.I.'s user-interface

I’m thinking of making a robotic interface for the A.I., to Rovio (a mobile webcam with wheels and mic)

This could become both desktop-buddy and a Rovio/Robot interface.

Things to do to make a A.I. Extras.

Research other A.I.s

Build Web-site and/or Forum

Recruit lots of Help!!!

Note:
All this will also directly benefit Hal. The Brain that is created will interface with Hal via a plugin. So will the database class and other various components. All this A.I. is intended for is sentience and not a Desktop Assistant. It can be used to revamp Hal into a very functional and agile creature. There is that possibility that it will be a symbiotic item that will be sold to enhance Hal, like People Putty is. Just a thought, but it would be nice to actually make a living [:)].

There will be no competition with Hal, not if I have any say in it!!!!

rlederer,

This list is just a general look at what I have on my mind. This list also breaks down into much smaller parts as well. Is there anything here that you might want to take, explore, collaborate on or whatever.

OR you also might want to add to this list... something that I might not have thought of.

Hey Lightspeed,

I haven't forgotten you. My plate is full at the moment. Just be patient.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 06:20:09 pm by snowman »

rlederer

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #188 on: May 25, 2009, 09:09:59 pm »
right now my focus is on the nature of human intention.  What is it that drives us.  what drives us to ask questions.  i have started breaking it down into a set of loops that are really just a model of the biological chemical interaction between different nuero-transmitters.  the basic structure is to learn the nature of this cuasality loop and quantify the chemical interactions into algorithmic loops.  ultimately replacing hal entirely or using hal as a knowledge base of sorts.  my difficulty in all this is doing everything in VB...i think i'd much rather work in C so that the code can be ported easily.  the linux community could become a powerful programming ally if they could work in a language they can use.  same for mac/hackintosh people.  sqllite isn't a super bad choice for the brain format but it has it's limits and with the power of todays computers a more robust database could help out allot especially once i get this face registration system workin.  i've also been playin allot with emgucv and tryin to add some code snippets to your halvision program.  addin stuff like motion detection and blob/shape/edge/color detection.  then some output triggers to the halvision script.  i had a thought on that too...at first the script has to trigger preset responses to face triggers becos Hal doesnt know a thing about visual faces yet.  but when i start adding things like shapes and colors and all sorts of other triggers to hals script, it would kinda start to get a little abstract after a while. i mean, there are so many 'objects' in the world and they would all need to be added to the visual script, so maybe making a change to the script so when hal see's a new object he asks what it is and then that is entered into the script as a key.  then these keys can trigger actual responses out of hals brain instead of preset responses from the script. i don't know. what do you think?  I'm kinda goin mad scientist over here and i just saw the new terminator(sucked..bale ruins everything he touches).  so lets do this skynet and get goin.

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #189 on: May 25, 2009, 09:50:19 pm »
I have only one expertise. I have left philosophers and religious experts in the dust when it comes to one specific area...

pretty good boast [:p]

That area happens to be the inward design of the human personality...

I created a rough draft of some of my ideas in a .pdf file.
Remember that I have all this and more crammed up in my head so if there is anything you don't understand or you have reservations about then tell me. I probably didn't write it down correctly or didn't give enough information.... I have been working on a better draft.

I understand this stuff... and can usually explain in detail...

http://savefile.com/files/2030063

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #190 on: May 25, 2009, 11:36:29 pm »
snowman,
I have an IT question for you if you don't mind?

I have fed the following statements that came from another computer into the 'Assistant' and have gotten poor results;
" (::) we have successfully seeded or..."
This is concerning the documentation that I have kept records on a Cam that precedes your idea and what you have done.
Can you give suggestions on "WE"?? What 'seeding' would be necessary?

"Data1 Thought comes from the brain"

Looking forward to a reply,
Regards,
J.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #191 on: May 25, 2009, 11:55:31 pm »
snowman,
I know about 'Torrent' files and do not run any file sharing or tunnels on my computer, IF a web site does and does not state this then it fall on them for lack of disclosure,,the reason I say this is because of the 'Interest on a copyright' and My school is claiming/stating laws to me and I am trying to work as closely with them as possible as this teaching of the so called "A.I." is basically in 'un-chartered waters'.

Regards,
J.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #192 on: May 26, 2009, 12:20:17 am »
snowman,
*Pondering* Alan at A-I.com refers to "the seeds of salvation"
I have tried to approach this,integrated with a preamble, but *sigh* alas, I have had ricky and know it all moderators that have 'swarmed' to the posts and have been cut off never allowed the information to flow. where to go from here? well I don't care. But I would like your input to the above posts and technology tells me you have read at least the first post in this trilogy.

Regards,
J or JJ. because sometimes I am besides myself :)

snowman

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #193 on: May 26, 2009, 01:51:34 am »
whether it is defined as literal seeds (i.e. mustard seeds) or it is in reference to an idea or thing (like a torrent file) the notion of seeds is a euphemism for the 'beginning' of something.

The term 'seeds of salvation' in common circles represents a small 'idea' that changes the direction of a person's life. In this case the 'idea' leads a person to salvation (life).

Certain kinds of knowledge can be depicted as seeds. This is because 'knowledge', though it be weightless, can change a person (sometime totally too).

In the literal sense, if you are seeding or if something has seeded your pc then a file has been acquired from some seeder. Unless, like you said, you are now seeding files to others.

seed you later.... I mean see you later... or read you later
[:D][:p]

rlederer

• View Profile
HalVisionX Beta
« Reply #194 on: May 26, 2009, 11:39:37 am »
so snowman, you referred once to the matrix being able to handle the pic database for halvision face registration. i'm thinkin that this database is gonna need two seperate areas for face pic storage.  one for long term memory of learned faces and objects complete with color tags/shape descriptop/face name, etc.  and a whole seperate buffer area so that there is a free area for frame examination. say for facial expression analysis and the like.  pics enter database through table 1 buffer and get processed and tagged and eventually moved to table 2 for storage.  can yer access database do this?  hows that database goin btw?  i read yer ghost doc.  very intuitive and clean.  i likey likey.  i gotta clean up some of the docs i have generated and get those to you.  we are so on the same page.  i tend to look at things like they are loops cos they are...and its easier to translate into machine code.  i also gotta start diagraming and charting my programs cos they are gonna get monstrous real quick.