dupa

Author Topic: Voice and and face recognition  (Read 6655 times)

Hollywood1

• View Profile
Voice and and face recognition
« on: March 07, 2009, 06:09:08 pm »
I would love to add voice and face http://www.newfreedownloads.com/find/face-recognition.html

has a number of free face recognition software for download.

Does anybody know if any of these would work with Hal6 and which
one looks to be The most compatible with Hal6

Thanks for thinking about it

Hollywood1

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 08:03:56 pm »
Unfortunately neigher will works at this time. There is software out there that attempts to create a face recognition but so far no one has had the talent or ability ot intergrate with Hal.
Voice recognition, however may never be available in our life time.
Speach recognition, itself is still being developed and is not prefected to my knowledge at least not for an economical price that the majority of us could afford. Then to expect it to be able to differenate between different speakers is at this time like asking for an antigravitation system for our planes or spacecraft.
Bill

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 09:13:45 pm »
don't they have that kind of technology available now in airports ?

wouldnt something be modular ?  all hal needs to know is if this is the person, if they are happy, sad, angry etc...and that would be a seperate computer doing motion analysis pattern matching, then sending the basic comparisons back to hal ?

I would imagine it's doable, but more like the first computer that took a whole building lol....

you would probably need 3 computers, one that does a facial recognition,  one to take the motion analysis and convert to a bvh file and compare the bvh file to  emotion profiles then relay the info to hal on a seperate computer ?

I doubt there is any one system to do it,  but on the same hand,  our brain is really a bunch of components lol.

besides,  the military bots i read about 3 years ago, were supposed to be able to id civilians...their bots have human controllers I assume,  all you need to do is relay the info in chewable bites to hal.

I would think the biggest problem for this to happen, is the sheer amount of detail that would need to be translated in a split moment..

as for voice recognition, it wouldn't be necessary if you identified the face,  unless its a security measure.

Motion detector triggers a facial identification and  motion
motion compared toms expression as sad, info gets sent to hal..

Hello Tom,  why are you so sad ?  
then from there it's dragon speak with tom's profile

« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 09:25:02 pm by ricky »
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 07:06:11 pm »
Yes, face recognition is avalable at air ports but then who has $100,000.00 to spend? I own a face recognition program and it works very well. I bought a basic robotic kit years ago and that came with the robot. The company that wrote the program licensed it to Sony to use in their robot Aibo. They no longer make the robots but I still use their proram even though it has some limitations.
The part that I mentioned that is not available right now is the ability to recognize a perticular persons voice amoung others. In other words if say both you and your wife, assuming speak to computer it would not be able to tell which one was speaking because the software to do that is not yet available, at least to the public.
I am sure that NSA, FBI, and the CIA may have that capability but it is not offered to the world and may not be for at least a decade or two.
Bill

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 11:11:12 am »
ya ...i see what you mean,  i do know from music though,  that each wav form has a finger print like pattern to them,  and I know we have the technology to do such a thing ...but like you said with the face id,  it would be very expensive.  ie - through software, we have the capacity to recognize vowels,  the capacity to analyze wav cycles that are unique to each sound, plus you could always run calculations of size of wav vs size of room to further analyze weight size, then you have auto tune able to analyze pitch on the fly,  all these are data that can be allocated to an identification profile and compared to a preset data profile - at the very least we have the technology to narrow it down to maybe a handful of people that sound a like... we have all the parts to do it,  but not the commercial need to mass produce it,  there is no need to have a laptop recognize different  voices as long as keyboards cost 20 bucks and the more expensive laptops have retina scans or finger print id's as is,  dragon speak is enough for those who can't type and they haven't a security need for voice id.

necessity,  the mother of all invention lo....once someone convinces the world robots are alive,  you will see imported parts of alien technology appear like magic lol.

if anything I once heard the FBI has the technology to make one voice sound like another persons voice via profile.   I would love to get my hands on this,  I'd be more than happy to program the perfect singer lol  they have commercial voice changes,  but nothing that will make joey sing like mariah hehe.
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 03:51:28 pm »
bill wrote :
Yes, face recognition is avalable at air ports but then who has $100,000.00 to spend?

let me see now where did i put that extra 100,000 in spare chnge its gotta be around here some where ?? lol [:D]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 06:43:27 pm »
I will repeat myself. Thee is a lot of face recognition software out there but getting it to interface with Hal may or may or may not be possible. If any of you have the time and the money I suggest that you go for it. If you can get it to work I am sure that hundreds of Hal users would be very happy to pay you some kind of fee for your efforts.
Bill

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 09:12:54 am »
I guess the choices on integrating face recognition for now are:

1) Do you spend months and months working on it
2) Do you Spend a fortune on software and development or
3) Do you just type 'Hi this is Freddy'...

[;)]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 09:15:56 am by freddy888 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 11:00:26 am »
yeah but then its a shame when your pc says ... freddy ? freddy who? lol !![:D]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 11:51:41 am »
Hehe, yeah that always gets me ! [:p]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 07:59:06 pm »
Yes, what you need is a plug-in that asks the user a "Test Question" to see if you are who you claim to be.

This could be predetermined and saved as an encrypted text entry.

Then whenever you talk to Hal he / she could verify that you are you.

Of course the webcam / vision thing would certainly make things a lot easier.

Actually Robert was reportedly working on a webcam / vision system for Hal. Don't know when or if it's under way..... Rob?
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 06:36:10 am »
Nice idea Art.  It would be interesting to find out just how many users a single instance of Hal has, generally.  That could help judge how necessary this upgrade would be.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 03:14:17 pm »
As I said I have a face recognition problem but there is no way to interface it with Hal.
One problem with it is this: I sit in front of the camera wearing a blue shirt and tell it who I am. If the next time I am wearing a red shirt the program may not recognize me at all. There may be some face recognition programs that don't do this, I don't know.
Bill

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 04:01:46 pm »
Yeah I think you are right, the few examples I have seen would get fooled by the change in clothes too.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 08:00:10 pm »
A lot of programs tend to focus on facial structure more closely as a way to avoid mistakes involving clothing / colors, etc.

Usually the program just needs to "look" at brow ridge, eye spacing, nose, cheeks, corners of mouth and chin. Some systems can do this at the rate of about 100+ faces per second. These are the rather expensive ones. Other home brew applications usually take a few seconds to recognize or reject a face.

I would think a plug-in might be written in order for Hal to accomplish this with a webcam.

Then again...look what I usually get for thinking! [B)]
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -