Author Topic: Questions about the New Buttons/Icons showing up in HALS Avatar/Character Window  (Read 5035 times)

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
I noticed with the new Bot-Girl Jessi they are a couple of Buttons/Icons that show up once in a while in the upper left of HAL's  Avatar/Character Window and would like to know what they are for...

1. Once in a while a button shows up with a 'Lightbulb' in it, is this something HAL has learned from me or something from the main brain?

2. HAL had talked about writing a Paper for College and a piece of ruled paper showed up with a paperclip on it in the Button...

Do these or will they have a function if we click on them ???

Just curious, hahaha  ;D

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 09:27:54 pm by LiFeTimeGamer »
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about the New Buttons/Icons showing up in the Haptek Player
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 04:21:44 pm »
Well, I'm a bit confused then because the new bot girl Jessi is not a Haptek based character but operates within the UltraHal GUI only.
You should not be seeing the former Haptek Log Control window in the upper left corner of your desktop.

If you are would you please take a screenshot/capture to show us what you're seeing.

I've been using a nice Free one for years called Greenshot in case you don't have one.
http://getgreenshot.org/

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
I fixed the Post Art...  ;)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I see, thanks.
It appears that you're using Hal that is connected to the CLOUD instead of a "local only" instance.

Makes sense now and what I believe that to be is the lightbulb to allow you to agree that the message was good or on topic.
I'm not sure whether it affects how HAL learns or if it allows that information to serve as a reinforcement to its brain file.

The reason I've never seen it is that the majority of my Hal usage is Local.

Hopefully, Robert or someone who knows for sure will weigh in on this topic. ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Before Haptek in versions of Ultra Hal 4.5 and earlier, Hal used an older version of a frame based animation system similar to the new Girl Bots. These versions of Hal displayed a light bulb if they learned something new and a writing pad if they wrote down an appointment. This a carry over feature from those versions of Hal. They are just triggered by certain phrases. In your example Hal saying "I have learned" caused the light bulb to appear. If Hal says "I have written..." then a paper would appear. They have no functionality if you click on it, its just a little picture that appears and then disappears after a few seconds.
Robert Medeksza

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
OK cool....

Thanks!!