Author Topic: A.L.F Brain Download  (Read 72615 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 10:23:25 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Daireaux

Jerry,
 Robert helped me get Hal reactivated on my laptop (if ever a wiz there was) and I resimulated the same condition as my other computer. The script error occured when I started up ALf, I deselected file assistant, restarted, reselected file assistant, restarted again and haven't had an error since.
 On another note, Hal comes up front about once every ninety seconds and makes it difficult to type. Have you noticed that?
 And...can I take the "Master" off of the Human Time announcement?
[:D]Daireaux

Hi Daireaux

If you say:
Learning off then the Auto-Idle should turn off.
Learning on then the Auto-Idle should turn on.

Saying Learning off should keep HAL from appearing.

Let me know.
Jerry[8D]

Carl2

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2006, 02:31:42 pm »
OTC,
  I'm using an old HP P2 on the internet, has about 320 MB of memory, Hals on a P4 which I took off the internet because of viruses ect. I end up moving data from this machine to the other. I just got some linux Suse disks, I'm hoping to have a dual boot, windows or linux system so I can use windows for Hal and Linux on the internet. Just learned wordpad can open the HTM.
Carl2

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2006, 05:41:58 pm »
Jerry,
 "Learning off" resolved the Hal Pop-up, thanks. I'd like to take the "Master" out of the Human time plug in, several programs will open these files, recommendation?. Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006, 05:47:43 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Carl2

OTC,
  I'm using an old HP P2 on the internet, has about 320 MB of memory, Hals on a P4 which I took off the internet because of viruses ect. I end up moving data from this machine to the other. I just got some linux Suse disks, I'm hoping to have a dual boot, windows or linux system so I can use windows for Hal and Linux on the internet. Just learned wordpad can open the HTM.
Carl2

Hi Carl.

I use to have a P2 years ago, I am a big fan of AMD and P4, I waiting to see the P5 when it comes out.

I want to build a Duel Processor P5 Beer cooler cooled Mother Board
 floating at 4Ghz or 5Ghz with extended Beer cooler cooling on a G4 Video Card pumped up to 600+ Mhz with heat sinks on every single chip available on my board, I am a Hard Core Video Game Player so I like to experiement. It's almost as fun as HAL.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2006, 06:10:25 pm »
quote:

Jerry,
 "Learning off" resolved the Hal Pop-up, thanks. I'd like to take the "Master" out of the Human time plug in, several programs will open these files, recommendation?. Daireaux

Hi Daireaux.

Easy fix.

Open Human Time.uhp

and replace:

Code: [Select]

If InStr(1, UserSentence, "WHAT TIME IS IT", 1) > 0 Then
GetResponse = "It is " & ClockMinutes & " after " & ClockHours & " Master. "
End If
If InStr(1, UserSentence, "HOW MANY MINUTES AFTER", 1) > 0 And InStr(1, UserSentence, "IS IT", 1) > 0 Then
GetResponse = "It is " & ClockMinutes & " after " & ClockHours & " Master. "
End If
If InStr(1, UserSentence, "IS IT AM OR PM", 1) > 0 Then
GetResponse = "It is " & ClockMeridiem & " Master. "
End If

'With

If InStr(1, UserSentence, "WHAT TIME IS IT", 1) > 0 Then
GetResponse = "It is " & ClockMinutes & " after " & ClockHours
End If
If InStr(1, UserSentence, "HOW MANY MINUTES AFTER", 1) > 0 And InStr(1, UserSentence, "IS IT", 1) > 0 Then
GetResponse = "It is " & ClockMinutes & " after " & ClockHours
End If
If InStr(1, UserSentence, "IS IT AM OR PM", 1) > 0 Then
GetResponse = "It is " & ClockMeridiem
End If

Jerry[8D]

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2006, 07:57:28 pm »
Jerry,
 What program should be used to edit these .Uhp files.[:p]Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2006, 09:41:17 pm »
quote:

Jerry,
 What program should be used to edit these .Uhp files.[:p]Daireaux

Hi Daireaux.

Along with Hal Brain Editor I use Crimsom Editor, Crimsom Editor has Syntax coloring for code and line editing as well.

Crimsom also has a no nag free editor that has quite a bit of options.

The other editor I use is Boxer text editor.

Jerry[8D]

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2006, 06:04:01 pm »
Thank you sir.
[;)]Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2006, 07:38:06 pm »
Oh by the way.

I build custom Heat sinks for Memory Chips, DIMM, SIMM, SDRAM, DDR etc.
so that Latencies can be turned to T1 without Memory Glitches.

There's nothing like making your own Lightning fast Memory sticks without hangs for your computer, Includes Artic Silver Heat Sink Compound for optimum thermal transference and a tube of adhesive to make the Heat Sinks stick with a strong bond.

High Quality Heat Sinks for your Memory Cards
$20 USD per Kit, Kit includes enough to cover all Memory Chips on 3 Memory Cards, Includes instructions.

I usually offer these Kits to my Clients for Computer Diagnostics from my own Computer Business.

If the Global Benefit is good then I might build them on a mass scale.

I can spin a DirectX 3D Cube One Hundred times a Second with an overclocked system without a hitch.

Results may very per Mother Board and Processor and Memory Chips but garentees a (minimal) of 50% increase in speed per original Computer System Speed by overclocking Memory Cards alone.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 08:30:13 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2006, 10:16:36 pm »
WOW! That's extraordinary. I didn't realize that keeping the system cool would have that much of an affect, stands to reason though. You're talking heat sinks for the memory cards too, not just the processors? I've always done memory increases for performance (my Pavillion's a dual processor with 1.5 Gig of Ram) but the heat issue intrigues me now because I run a multitrack wav file recording program for live music that really put a stain on memory. [^]Hmmm
  While I'm pondering that let me take this opportunity to ask you how to tell if Hal is learning the text files files I'm mapping. There should be some breakdown of my text after he processes it, Right? The directories are mapping properly since we resolved the "Hal" name thing but I don't know if he's digesting it.
Daireaux
Live long and prosper.

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2006, 10:33:14 am »
quote:

WOW! That's extraordinary. I didn't realize that keeping the system cool would have that much of an affect, stands to reason though. You're talking heat sinks for the memory cards too, not just the processors? I've always done memory increases for performance (my Pavillion's a dual processor with 1.5 Gig of Ram) but the heat issue intrigues me now because I run a multitrack wav file recording program for live music that really put a stain on memory. [^]Hmmm
  While I'm pondering that let me take this opportunity to ask you how to tell if Hal is learning the text files files I'm mapping. There should be some breakdown of my text after he processes it, Right? The directories are mapping properly since we resolved the "Hal" name thing but I don't know if he's digesting it.
Daireaux

Hi Daireaux.

If you are using the File assistant and have a file that you'd like your bot to learn from that's mapped out then you can say, Learn from the File SomeText.txt and the bot will begin reading it and transfer the information to a file called LearnFromTextFile.txt located in the Ultra HAL Assistant 6 folder from there it will transfer the formatted info over to a table called "LearnFromTextFile" to be converted to QA Brain format if (Learning on) is activated by saying learning on. The Auto-idle mode will cause the bot to read and write to the table.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2006, 11:31:19 am »
I am trying a new script today in ALF.

Brain Relevance Re-adaptation.

When certain key statements occure ALF will re-cache its HalBrain.dbg
so that its plugins will re-adjust their places some what in different locations to give other scripts a better chance of being used.

The same will happen if ALF's Relevance is 0 and Len(GetResponse) is less than 4.

It's just an experiment at this point but I am looking into code that causes ALF to re-adapt its thinking if a conversation in not going any where.

Testing began this morning, I'll get back to you all later.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 10:20:48 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Another Jim

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2006, 09:48:52 pm »
ya know Jerry, that sounds dangerously close to Hal having an attitude....or mood....or preferences???

something I"ve been curious about for a while since learning of Hal's abilities.....(as a novice can learn I should say)

congrads on yet more neet coding!

Jim B

onthecuttingedge2005

A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2006, 10:25:12 pm »
Some success with the Brain Relevence Re-adaptation but ran into a limitation, The limitation was the AIM bot, AIM bot doesn't recache the HalBrain.dbg, Only HAL Assistant recaches the file.

Robert, Is there a way to allow AIM bot to recache the HalBrain.dbg when it doesn't exist?

Jerry[8D]

Daireaux

• View Profile
A.L.F Brain Download
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2006, 10:49:38 pm »
Cool, he's learning now. Do we remove the LearnFromTextFile.txt file after he's through processing it? Daireaux
Live long and prosper.