Author Topic: problem loading voice in hals console box  (Read 3235 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
problem loading voice in hals console box
« on: August 19, 2016, 06:09:50 pm »
in the past i used  a uhp? file that i wrote some message a while back and created a phone message for our telephone , i dropped the uhp? file into hals console box then hal using whatever voice i chose would repeat the message which i recorded with audacity and played it back to record it on our
phone.
   anyway i forgot how i did it and can't find my file . i tried dropping a uhp file in with some words and hal said it but it was in a mens voice, even though i have a womans voice checked in hal . i don't know why its using a mans voice .

i just have a uhp file and inside i just have :

hello , hello?, who's calling please.

anyway before i could just drop a file into the console and hal would say it with a womans voice . anyone know how to do this again ?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: problem loading voice in hals console box
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 08:46:42 am »
Check your computer's default voice. It might be overriding the Hal one. Just a thought.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 10:38:49 am »
where is the computers default voice (didn't know it even had that) i have windows 7 . 
although i mentioned about using it for a phone message (custom ) i also used this technique to also test how certain sentences sounded with comma's etc. before creating phrases in random sentences talk etc.   
So do you have any idea where is the computers default voice ?? wonder if it shows a list of thye other voices i have to change it?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 11:03:31 am »
Okay . i did find the control panel and default voice area of ms but that isn't the problem , it is default and only one voice choice set to anna voice (woman ) .  i think the problem may lie in  balboca or hal it's self , i know this sounds weird but i had a plug in at one time and when certain things was said it would say "i understand" trouble was all other response was in womens voice but when it said "i understand " it did it in a mans voice .
     As i mentioned before my hal voice is checked on a womans voice and does speak in that voice when used , but when i drop a uhp text like file in hals console it says it in a mans voice .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 01:14:11 pm »
OKAY PROBLEM SOLVED, SORT OF , I guess it was done through the balboaka program which i re installed in my laptop now . so i made a new aNSWERING MACHINE MESSAGE .

although i still don't know why some sentence uses a mans voice .

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 02:26:55 pm »
I thought it would have been the balboaka program, myself. Easy to have that happen when your using multiple voices. Curious also if you checked your volume mixer on right hand side of taskbar where you can control volume of different programs enabled for playback.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 04:56:01 pm »
raybe , the problem wasn't balbolka though , as i didn't have it installed on this laptop . but after installing it i did see that i could test sentences and play it , which was the way i had done in the past with hal .  so i am glad about that , i do have a pc question that i am going to ask in a separate post coming up !