Author Topic: AutoHapGenerator  (Read 5176 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
AutoHapGenerator
« on: March 09, 2016, 06:59:43 am »
   After playing with the AutoHapGenerator for a few days I was able to get a hap out of it.  Since I've used it in the past I already know some of the problems,  dependent on the character used with the hap an arm may go up instead of down.  Once again I'd like to be able to trigger the haps with both my input and Hals output. It is very dependent on finding some flies that have to be put into the program or it will just shut down.  I should take some notes and save them for use in the future.  The most important thing is it still works in win 8.1 and should work in win 10.
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
Re: AutoHapGenerator
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 11:35:10 am »
For those like me that enjoy characters I get so much entertainment when the haps are triggered for the most simplest gestures. A simple node, facial expression and or a pointing of the finger with arm waves just adds to the magic.

Thank you Carl for taking the time in adding these little things that can really make Ultra Hal a little more engaging. Please post anything new to try. I admit it I do enjoy those features from day one.

In the past seemed to get more triggers for winks, nodes and much more arm movements. But still easy to make character sad and or mad. Just enter a any words relating to those triggers in any context will get you a mad or sad state. At least for my character.

raybe

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 02:41:37 pm »
 raybe,
   I just put in the Wiki Search which works very good.  I'm not sure if it saves the search results and I want to check that out.  I also went through the  body_f_modest def.hap that has a lot of animations, they use what they are calling a state machine.  You'd have to start the character, go to the Haptek folder in the temp folder copy the - - def.hap and paste it in a safe folder.  It will open with notepad, go down the list until you find switches and states.  Basically  you can create a hap to trigger an animation by using the switch name and the state.  an example:

#HaptekSDK Version= 1.0  HeaderLines= 2 HapType= command FileType= text
#Name= haptek_scene Icon= [ websters_icon ]

\setSwitch[switch= hands_on_hips  state= start]

There are quite a few animations in there you could make and trigger using the user input.
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 09:45:48 am »
If you can locate a copy of Josh's Hap editor. I think it has all of those state movements plus a lot of other usable and enjoyable features.
It is a 24 MB download but perhaps someone like Calhoone has it on his One Drive or Dropbox.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 02:53:44 pm »