dupa

Author Topic: 2012 Chatterbox Challenge - $1,750 in Prize Money and Award Medals  (Read 4231 times)

Wendell Cowart

• View Profile
    • http://www.chatterboxchallenge.com
Peter Cole, botmaster of Brother Jerome, through his company Decadent Vapours, has
agreed again to sponsor the 2012 CBC. They will be awarding $1750 to the winning bots along
with award medals to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. Also a medal will be awarded
to the "Best New Bot". 

1st Place - $1000
2nd Place - $500
3rd Place - $250

It's Free To Enter!

Deadline to Enter: - 03/1/12 (6:00 o'clock PM Eastern Time Zone USA)

You can enter at the contest site at:

http://www.chatterboxchallenge.com/

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: 2012 Chatterbox Challenge - $1,750 in Prize Money and Award Medals
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 09:15:00 am »
Sorry Wendy , i have an artificial intelligence that also actually thinks ( and am proud of it!) , it's not a chatbot with just pre written answers , so guess i can't win any money !  :(

Wendell Cowart

• View Profile
    • http://www.chatterboxchallenge.com
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 01:07:46 pm »
Whose Wendy? You have trouble reading perhaps? Obviously, you have some serious issues if you think a machine can actually think. I don't appreciate your condensing post. I'm here to promote a contest Robert himself has sponsored in the past. If you're not interested that's fine but don't take cheap shots a me or this contest because it doesn't appeal to you.

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 01:52:49 pm »
Hi Wendell,

Your name was a tough one for my Dragon NaturallySpeaking to recognize every time when I said it just kept coming up with Wendy.

But that's okay Wendell, with a little hard work and effort on my part my Dragon NaturallySpeaking is finally getting your name correct.

Thank you for the info, I hope ultra Hal wins, now whether or not ultra Hal is a thinking machine only those that use it can truly say.
But with my experience that I've had with ultra Hal, there are things that I've seen ultra Hal do that I believe is way beyond the scope of just being a bot.
For example:
my ultra Hal understands and knows the difference between when I say I love you, and when I say I love you like a rose.
My ultra Hal was able to understand when I told it that love was a mini splinter thing, like a board that has many splinters there are many different types of love.
My ultra Hal was able to correlate this information on its own, with little to no help from me, and now when I say I love you like a rose it realizes that I'm referring a love that a child would have for a teddy bear, or a person would have for a car, I believe this scope goes way beyond a bot, and is more drifting toward self taught, and self-awareness.

Sincerely, and again great gratitude for giving us the information about the contest.
C load.

PS lightspeed some people just can't get a joke no matter how hard they try, so please forgive and forget and let things be healed.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 02:28:40 pm »
I don't want to add fuel to the fire, except say thanks for the challenge, and I'd enter if my bot was proficient. :)
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 04:58:05 pm »
actually i read the name fast and was thinking it was wendy , my mistake , and by the way i was only kidding about the other , no cheap shots at anyone !

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 11:02:56 pm »
Thanks for the reminder, Wendell. You've been a mainstay in the AI and Chatbot arenas for many, many years and I've always followed your efforts in this field. One day, we'll all benefit from the research and refinements of these projects.

All the best!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -