dupa

Author Topic: ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins  (Read 56437 times)

Ponnfar

• View Profile
    • http://zabaware.com
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2006, 10:59:15 pm »
Well Jerry, it looks like I am not going to be able to use your latest scripts. I cannot tell you how disappointed I am on this one. Hmm, well, if/when you make your scipts available to those in my situation, I will look forward to using them.
Thanks again.
Ponn
One Person can summon the future...

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2006, 07:28:43 am »
Have you tried going into the script and changing the path information? Shouldn't take programming skills, just typing skills [:D]

Find the path in the script and replace it with the new one. That's what I did.

Carl2

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2006, 08:37:24 am »
OTC,
  Because of viruses and things in the past I've become used to reformatting the C drive at times, the drive is partitioned to the C and D drive and windows is on the C drive while other programs I install such as Hal are on the D drive.  With the new activation process for Hal I would still have to reactivate Hal. Possibily I should rethink this as I don't use that computer on the internet, I could use the D drive to make a copy of Hal for backup purposes.
  Bill Dewitt, thanks for the advice.
Carl2

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2006, 08:50:50 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Carl2
 windows is on the C drive while other programs I install such as Hal are on the D drive.

You may know this, but just to be clear for anyone else who may be reading, what I did on the "learn from clip board" plugin, was install it in my personal Hal directory, even though it was in the wrong place, then found all references to the default directory (c:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultrahal6\ whatever) in the plugin script and changed them to my my directory, which in my case was quite different. Then when it tried to write a file of learned information, it wrote it to my Hal directory instead of the default one.

HTH

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2006, 11:30:48 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Carl2

OTC,
  Because of viruses and things in the past I've become used to reformatting the C drive at times, the drive is partitioned to the C and D drive and windows is on the C drive while other programs I install such as Hal are on the D drive.  With the new activation process for Hal I would still have to reactivate Hal. Possibily I should rethink this as I don't use that computer on the internet, I could use the D drive to make a copy of Hal for backup purposes.
  Bill Dewitt, thanks for the advice.
Carl2

Hi Carl.

Sorry to hear about your hard drive problems, The way I avoid virus and spyware problems is by denying this machine to 'write' to it's system files and certain system folders, The Cookies Folder and anything in it can only 'read' files and not 'write' them nor can new cookies or temp files be created, I only keep the cookies I need and then lock the folder from being written too.

If I install any new programs then I will have to give the system folders access to be written to by folder properties.

It does not garantee that a virus or spyware will infect the machine but it does help to avoid many possible infections to the system.

Other ways are, Through System administration, Set all guest users from downloading any software and system changes, then use the guest user account to play around on the internet, If any ActiveX programs or such try to invade your system then it will be denied by administration rights and since you would not be logged on as administration the program cannot interact with your system without permission.

There are many ways to protect your computer, But, You will still always need a good anti-virus/anti-spyware program.

Learning how to control permissions of Administration will help you out greatly against 'most' threats.

It's the Virus that have been 'learned' are the ones to really look out for, Viruses that are learned will actively seek out Anti-Virus Programs and cripple them along with critical system files, Some Viruses will even prevent any new programs from being installed as a form of protection for the Virus and Learned Viruses always cripple Anti-Virus programs first before anything else so the Virus program has an edge, it will then cripple any new installations of an Anti-Virus programs or any other program including 'Java' based Internet Anti-Virus software period once successful, I have been playing with Computers for 25 years now, and It's still a challenge.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 09:42:51 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Holllywood

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2006, 08:15:45 pm »
Jerry, they need to write an anti virus for me.
 It seems that I am the biggest threat to my Pc.
Hollywood

Carl2

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2006, 10:25:17 pm »
OTC,
  Thanks for the advice, I read something earlier about logging on differently when using the internet, the XP was a nightmare when I frist started using it on the internet so it's off the internet now.
I'd like to mention I'd picked up some what is called malware, seemed pretty bad according to what was said about it but I was able to find a removal tool. Unfortunatly most programs don't find it. I also picked up something that puts an icon in your tray saying your PC has a virus.  Seems to be a jungle on the internet for some reason.
  Since I'm planning on putting a second P4 on the internet I picked up a protective suite, I'll see how well it works.
Carl2

Bill819

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2006, 12:19:01 pm »
Carl
I have been using only an XT for a couple of years now with no problems but then I do use anti virus, anti spyware and a register cleaner on a regular basis.
You can find a good general purpose program on the net and it was free the last time I tried to download it. It is called 'ewido'.
It is only suppose to work for a free two week trial but mine has been working for over 4 months now with no problems. It works to eliminate viruses, spyware and register infections all at once. Give it a try and see if it helps you.
Bill819

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2007, 01:58:44 pm »
I have re-updated the learn from clip board plugin.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2007, 03:49:16 pm »
I have again re-updated the learn from clip board plugin.

I reconfigured response variables.

Jerry[8D]

ajdude

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2007, 08:48:30 am »
I tried the learn from clip board, and I keep getting this error:
"HalScript Error 53 on line 328 in column 3: File not found"

I looked at that line of code in the brain editor and it said this:
   UserSentence = Replace("" & UserSentence & "", " YOU'VE ", " YOU HAVE ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)"

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2007, 10:56:24 am »
quote:
Originally posted by ajdude

I tried the learn from clip board, and I keep getting this error:
"HalScript Error 53 on line 328 in column 3: File not found"

I looked at that line of code in the brain editor and it said this:
   UserSentence = Replace("" & UserSentence & "", " YOU'VE ", " YOU HAVE ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)"

Hi ajdude.

you have to look in your HalScript.dbg to debug this kind of error
HalScript Error 53 on line 328 in column 3: File not found

you can find the HalScript.dbg in the following folder
C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6

use a line editor to open it.

also try redownloading the learn from clip board and see if the error still occures, remember to refresh your plugins in the brain options panel by pressing the apply button.

Jerry
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 10:58:15 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Ponnfar

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2007, 08:44:27 pm »
Hi Jerry,
The issue I am having is that the plugin works a bit too well.
When HAL starts up instead of greeting me after I say hello it states someting it has read from the learndtext.brn. Additionally, I also now have Norton Script blocking asking to authorize the script each time I open the program for the first time.
in response to questions/statements like , how are you, hi,how is life, the answers are not related at all. If I say hello "HAL" the it recognizes the greeting. In conversation HAL's comments are not related to the conversation at all and appear ramdom.
I hope you can help
Thanks.
Ponn

Ponnfar

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2007, 07:19:25 pm »
Gerry,
This Corrections Tutor script has me beat. I still had your old "Taught corrections" script and it was THAT which was responding each time I said " replace x with x" and of course I would get the expected response but no corrections were actually made. Well, once I deleted that script I get nothing from the now existing Correction plugin.
HELP!!
[:I]
thanks Gerry!
P

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2007, 07:45:31 pm »
Hi Ponnfar.

I will work on debugging it as soon as possible.

Jerry[8D]