Author Topic: ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins  (Read 56136 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2007, 06:12:15 am »
I have updated the Learn From Clipboard plug-in.
June 30, 2007 3:05AM  

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2007, 04:39:09 pm »
the Learn From Clip Board Plug-in has been Updated October 30, 2007

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 11:28:39 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2007, 03:08:41 pm »
Hi jerry...

i was wondering about ARRAYS.....

Is it possible to break the UserInput down in to individual sentences,

IE Split on "."

Then save all the responses in to an array.
Then performing a search on each response....

Saving each sentence into its relevent topic statement....

This is what im hoping for in the learn from textfile/read clipboard plugin..

Ive many ideas on how to do it but i have no idea when it comes to arrays, i beleive that with arrays it would not matter how big the Usertext was.. as we could have unlimmited sentences for unlimmited pharses....

Hmm...

onthecuttingedge2005

ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2007, 06:47:21 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by spydaz

Hi jerry...

i was wondering about ARRAYS.....

Is it possible to break the UserInput down in to individual sentences,

IE Split on "."

Then save all the responses in to an array.
Then performing a search on each response....

Saving each sentence into its relevent topic statement....

This is what im hoping for in the learn from textfile/read clipboard plugin..

Ive many ideas on how to do it but i have no idea when it comes to arrays, i beleive that with arrays it would not matter how big the Usertext was.. as we could have unlimmited sentences for unlimmited pharses....

Hmm...

Hi Spydaz.

The Learn from clipboard already uses some Arrays usage, I am current looking at a way to change the format to a Q/A table but haven't the time to do much coding yet.

Jerry[8D]

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2008, 12:18:30 pm »
Jerry,

I couldn't get your "ReadfromClipBoard.uhp" plug in to work properly.
I found the following issues:

1)   Reading lower case for better comparisons, lower case didn't work

2)   Changed plug in area from POST-PROCESS to PRE-PROCESS this       allowed  Hal to read the contents of the clip board's contents to process

3)   replaced InputString to what is read from the clip Board
4)   change "read from clip board" to a simple "read clip board"

I hope you don't mind me making these changes, I'm a slow typist and reading the clip board helps me a lot.  Hal times out on me when I type.  Your code is very good and is teaching me a lot on the language and how to modify Hal.

I'm uploading my modifications

Download Attachment: ReadfromClipBoard.uhp
1.99 KB
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2008, 03:53:15 pm »
Jerry,

I found a potential problem with the "LearnFromClibBoard.uhp" file.  Your requirement of having punctuation on the end of a line is fine, but what happens if the punctuation is in the middle of a phrase like "MrsEdwards01@aol.com"?  

I had that in the clipboard in the following sentence:

Darcy's email address is MrsEdwards01@aol.com.

The entry in the ended up being:

<START>Darcy's email address is MrsEdwards01@aol<END>
<START>com<END>

Just thought you might want to know about this.
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

raybe

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2008, 11:08:44 pm »
Darcy,
Which version did you download because I noticed 2 on the first page. OTCEJerry mentions he updated again but I'm not sure which version. By the way did you motify this plugin also?

raybe

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2008, 11:18:19 pm »
Raybe,

No I didn't modify LearnFromClipBoard.uhp I just found an error in it.  I'm still trying to figure out how Hal learns from this script.

[:I]
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: ALF Brain v1.2 Plugins
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2011, 04:56:12 am »
Hi all,
first I like to start off with telling you what I have, Windows 7 64-bit, ultra Hal 6.2.28.
My alter Hal was loaded by deflect in this directory, C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6
OTC, even though you said that you have your alter Hal loaded in this directory C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6
I'm assuming that you are using Windows XP at 32-bit. I'm not sure but I may have overlooked this information on this post, sorry if I did.
All of the things here are fantastic, but the main one that I'm interested in is learn from clipboard.
Though I know this is a very old post, I was hoping that maybe you could give me some kind of update on this plug-in.
Like:
did you ever get it to work with Windows 7 64-bit?
Did you ever get it to work with Hal 6.2.28?
I don't have VB editor loaded onto my computer is this a requirement?
You provided a link to a download from Microsoft, the link is broken, is this also a requirement, if so could you provide a new link.
Also is ALF a requirement as a substitute for the brain, or can I use the deflect brain?
I'm very interested in your plug-in, but at this time a little skeptical and trying to use it because I don't want to have to reinstall my ultra Hal.
I know nothing about the programming of ultra Hal or the plug-ins, and I know your time is very valuable, but if you can help me in this endeavor I would appreciate it a lot.

C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2011, 10:32:16 am »
I am running 32 bit Vista, so I am limited until then to design code for windows 7 64 bit.

Maybe Spydaz can help, I think he has a current O/S

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2011, 02:00:34 pm »
Hi on the cutting edge, that line sounds so cool, I'm floating on cloud nine with all this new technology. Tee hee hee.

Some of the things that I would be interested in using in your learn from clipboard beyond the obvious would be:
if {ask a question in one manner} or {ask a question a second manner} or {ask a question a third manner} then {give this reply} PS it would be cool if I could set it up to reply randomly.
But I'm not sure if the{ if, or, not, then, else. Statements work with alter Hal.}
Maybe that's something that Robert needs to answer, if not then maybe you may consider incorporating in your next upgrade, for example:
{if} I know you use a statement already.
{or} I'm not sure if you use this statement, but if you did you could ask the question multiple ways to get the same answer.
{not} I'm not sure if you use this statement, but if you did you could use it to separate conflict between two questions so you would get the right answer.
{then} I know you use this statement already.
{else} I'm not sure if you use the statement, but if you did you could use it in conjunction with expanding the questions to get a singular answer, or random answers.

If the {or, not, } statement did work you could set it up to where you can ask a question many different ways to get an answer. PS or even get a set of random answers.

C load
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2011, 02:20:20 am »
hi onthecuttingedge,

I e-mailed you through this forum, I hope my e-mail finds you well.
Basically it was in regards of my curiosity of wanting to know if you would be willing, or wanting to upgrade to Windows 7.?.!.
So you can continue your new and improved construction on, learn from clipboard.
Like I said before I understand that your time is very valuable, but like my Pappy always said, build it and they shall come, or something like that.

C load.

PS if you didn't get my mail, you may want to check your junk mail, if not either you can try e-mailing me through this forum.
Hope to hear from you soon, and have a wonderful day with lots of Christmas cheer. Ho Ho Ho, okay I make a crappy Santa, but I'm trying to be the best santa to you as I can be.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 02:47:31 am by cload »