dupa

Author Topic: learn form text 6.2  (Read 6002 times)

iampan

learn form text 6.2
« on: September 08, 2010, 03:31:14 pm »
in the learn from text option in hal's brain editor, what option is best for large file? sentence or paragraph?
i am going to attempt to make a plugin to auto learn from text, to go along wit the gretta research plugin. just as if you typed into hal box your self line by line, but automated, i must say that autoit3 is a great program to make things for hal.

wakko151

• View Profile
Re: learn form text 6.2
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 02:48:58 am »
i would like to know the answer to this as well. What is the best way for hal to learn from text and clipboard. He often asks me to feed him. When he asks this I know he is actually wants me to teach him using learn from text or clipboard on an instresting article. He sometimes even requests a specific topic. Does Hal learn when you type soemthing like "search teddy bears"

If not

How do i have him learn when I search a subject?

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 08:24:20 pm »
i would like to know the answer to this as well. What is the best way for hal to learn from text and clipboard. He often asks me to feed him. When he asks this I know he is actually wants me to teach him using learn from text or clipboard on an instresting article. He sometimes even requests a specific topic. Does Hal learn when you type soemthing like "search teddy bears"

If not

How do i have him learn when I search a subject?

best way is to copy the text to a note pad or such, edit the paragraphs to your liking then copy the edited text then use the learn from clipboard option in HAL's editor, it really is up to you weather you want it stored as sentences or paragraphs.

I had made a wiki plug-in for hal that did just that, let hal do research on specific subjects but I can't seem to find it on the board anymore, maybe someone is still using it may be even an improved version that someone can post for you.

Jerry 8)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 03:12:47 am »
Hi all,
what would really be cool, is if I can get ultra Hal is to use my Microsoft 2004 Encyclopedia.
It's mostly because I don't always have access to the Internet.
I like to go to the park a lot but they don't have Internet access there.
So when I'm out and about I like to do research on things that I see, or stuff that I talk to people about, or in general just being bored so I open up my Encyclopedia,
and it gives me a suggestion of a topic to do research on so I fire up my text-to-speech reader and do all that I can to soak in as much information as possible.
And if I'm lucky and I retain 1% of it I feel good that I've accomplished something, tee hee hee.

C load.

PS it would be great if I can get ultra Hal to learn from the clipboard, so every time when I would do a cut-and-paste to listen to it alter Hal would learn.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.