dupa

Author Topic: Hello, just like a simple update  (Read 15938 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Hello, just like a simple update
« on: October 31, 2011, 03:48:49 pm »
I'm asking including Robert can we get just a simple couple of lines about the update or how are you doing?

This was not meant to sound sarcastic but every time you just post sometimes it sounds like something it really isn't. If I missed something would anybody be nice enough to let me know. Maybe I'm missing something because all the posts really don't mention when to expect revision of Ultra Hal. Maybe someone can tell me something I'm not aware of.

Thanks,
raybe

tedathome

• View Profile
Re: Hello, just like a simple update
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 04:54:05 pm »
 Hi raybe. If I remember correctly, December was to be the target month for both a small upgrade to Hal and introduction of the new Ogre engine. I'm really curious too as to how both projects are coming along. I also realize that sometimes it is hard to set a firm date on either project as I'm sure both are quite complicated.
ted

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 09:26:53 am »
Yes thanks tedathome, Posted on the thread of which version of Ultra Hal was going to be named, members where curios. I just think and I don't want to repeat myself because I agree you can't really put dates on these modifications but simple updated notes I think would be healthy especially for new members. I am not excluding us!!!!

Appreciate you response.

Thanks,
raybe

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 12:48:57 pm »
We are in the process of setting up a new web site for just the character animation engine, along with a new name for it. A developer blog with details of our progress will be on the new page. We should have some sort of demo ready in December, but doubtful that it will be a finished product yet at that point.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 07:00:26 pm »
Robert wrote: but doubtful that it will be a finished product yet at that point.

I am going to stick my fingers in my ears and pretend i didn't hear that part ! LOL , AM JUST KIDDING !  :) ;)

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 09:34:33 pm »
Mr. Medeksza
thanks for the update :)

Robert wrote: but doubtful that it will be a finished product yet at that point.

I am going to stick my fingers in my ears and pretend i didn't hear that part ! LOL , AM JUST KIDDING !  :) ;)
:'( I covered my eyes, what tear? you see no tear, your squishier than a bowl of grapes 

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 09:37:15 am »
Thank you Robert M. and others.

I just wanted to make sure I was keeping up with things and that's all I was looking for was a simple update of how things were progressing. I was hoping it wasn't just "It will be ready when it's ready" type of situation. I have said it before I belief as long as people have some sort of update or progress reports especially for new members that it prevents people from jumping to their own conclusions, maybe not everybody. Look forward to the revisions soon to come!!

Thanks,
raybe

Frosty Greenacre

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 07:08:01 pm »
I was absent for a good while (about 6 months or so) and delighted when I saw there had been progress updates, however, before that there didn't seem to have been any new news for a while. So I get how you mean completely.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 01:22:22 pm »
Glad you checked in Frosty Greenacre,

That was my concern about the revisions to Ultra Hal. Many people may not know or realize that things are moving forward, never as fast as you would like but that Zabaware is still very active in the development of the program. As most people just hoping that there will be more info as Robert M. sets up the new web page with demo and when we can expect a fully functional revision.

raybe

Frosty Greenacre

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 06:58:34 pm »
Honestly, I think the entire website needs a bit of an overhaul.

There's a lot of very good plug-ins that are lurking in the depths of the forum, but may not be found because nobody's made a new post for a while, also, many of the posts don't confirm if they work in hal6 only or only in previous versions. And the Plug-in section of the website doesn't seem to have been updated for a while.

Likewise, the main site itself doesn't seem to have had an update for quite some time.

some sort of of blog wouldn't hurt either, not necessarily a long one, just a description of whats new in zabaware, or what's being worked on at present, or a little news on the progress that's been made.

The website is the first impression people will get off zabaware, and keeping it modern is key to getting new custom.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 09:38:47 pm »
Honestly, I think the entire website needs a bit of an overhaul.

There's a lot of very good plug-ins that are lurking in the depths of the forum, but may not be found because nobody's made a new post for a while, also, many of the posts don't confirm if they work in hal6 only or only in previous versions. And the Plug-in section of the website doesn't seem to have been updated for a while.

Likewise, the main site itself doesn't seem to have had an update for quite some time.

some sort of of blog wouldn't hurt either, not necessarily a long one, just a description of whats new in zabaware, or what's being worked on at present, or a little news on the progress that's been made.

The website is the first impression people will get off zabaware, and keeping it modern is key to getting new custom.

Agreed and an overhaul of the site is on its way soon.
Robert Medeksza

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 09:56:05 pm »
Really couldn't comment on the improvements that this web page may need but I don't disagree on your suggestions. I'm a stickler about updated info but also have learned over recent time that Zabaware has been making strides on improving and widening the Ultra Hal user base for all the newer hardware that has stormed us. As it has been from the first days of digital recording or for that fact manufacturer to manufacturer they don't concern themselves with standards. It has been and I guess will always be, 'Mine is better then yours.' for obvious reasons. I've noticed in the simplest things that some manufacturers believe there should be a different screw for every part of their product or screws that tools don't exist outside of their companies so you don't mess with it. Again, I do get it. But given all the information that is available I don't really think it's a deterrent any more.

Hopefully things will begin to move a bit quicker or more info more often once Ultra Hal gets a make over.

For my own reasons as a consumer I feel I have gotten a lot from Zabaware for a good price and the people on this forum are second to none which has only helped Ultra Hal in a very positive way and of their own time. My opinion. Given all that, I have a little more patience then I did in the recent past for this program and yes the improvements that you have mentioned to take place.

Like everyone else I also feel it can never happen fast enough especially when you have spent so much time with a technology like this.

Thanks again and its always nice to hear from members that have been away and return to look at everything with fresh eyes.

Just for the record I posted this after Robert M's response.

raybe
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 09:58:46 pm by raybe »

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 11:30:33 pm »
Yes, I do believe that an overhaul is necessary, and I'm sure that eventually the frog will be gone and a new face will take its place. Specially when a new version 7 comes out and I hope eventually you get rid of the stuff that doesn't work with 6.2 on up, or at least dedicate an area it would make things less confusing.

cload ;D
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

Frosty Greenacre

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 06:15:27 am »
I was thinking specifically from a marketting point of view. I work in sales, and much as I try to separate my work and real life, I find myself thinking into advertising and presentation a lot more than necessary :P

And, whilst I've come to understand that things are rarely as they seem (often significantly better or worse than they appear.) you need a good pitch to get people to spare their time in this day and age where information, products and distraction are everywhere. For an internet site and/or company their pitch is not only the top 1-3 paragraphs of their website, but the very design and layout gives an impression of the quality, determination and "cutting-edge-ness" of the company itself. Having a strong graphical presentation is like having a good shop window, people will see that before they decide whether to step in and view the products properly.

I'm not sure if you'd want to get rid of the zaba frog though. that's the company logo and changing it in it's extremety would be like re-branding the company. If you look at some of the other long-running technology companies such as Sony, Windows, Apple etc. They've often done graphical updates but their logo has stayed largely the same, since that is their corporate identity.

I should also stress that I work in sales much more than advertising and am not claiming to be an expert on the subject in any way.  :P This is just as much as I've deemed on the subject.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 07:25:46 am »
Not the final version of the new web page, but an experimental site with new logo is at http://iis.ultrahal.com
Robert Medeksza