Author Topic: Lightspeeds christmas hapswap 2011 plug in  (Read 10785 times)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Re: Lightspeeds christmas hapswap 2011 plug in
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 12:38:30 am »
Hi lightspeed,

I didn't do anything with the settings, all I did was go into the public, when I first built it it put me into a private area, I had to leave their and then click on the public area.
This was on the left-hand side, the layout was a lot like Windows 7, this is why I was able to understand it so easily because I have music in my public area and music in my private area.
I don't know this information is helping any, but for now I will leave your Christmas theme in my public area for download, unless you asked me not to do this. Just trying to help.

Sincerely,
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 11:09:03 pm »
if you have it in a public area folder for me you need to post the link on here so others can download it . by the way have you tried it yet ?(used the christmas hapswap ?

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 04:18:56 am »
Hi lightspeed,

unfortunately I was unable to get it to work, but it may have something to do with my operating system.
I have Windows 7 64-bit, I also have alter Hal version 6.2.28, one of the things that I have found out is that if the codes were written on an older version of Windows like:
Windows 7 32-bit, Vista 32-bit, XP 32-bit, the plug-ins have a tendency not to work on my system.
I think the main reason is because:
when you load alter Hal onto Windows 7 64-bit, alter Hal gets loaded into, "C:/program file (x86)/" directory.

Because of the advancement of the operating systems it might be a good idea for anybody that is hosting plug-ins to also include their operating system, and their alter Hal's version.
I believe that this would end a lot of confusion, and misunderstandings of why the plug-in itself is not working.
For all you alter Hal lovers, Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 09:51:41 am »
Hello cload , i to have windows 7 and 64 bit and this works in mine as i am currently using it and i believe ted is too. i will post in a seperate area on here exactly how to place plug ins in Hal . it should be working ( is this one that you made into a uhp file yourself or one that you downloaded from me ?  anyway look for the how to place plug ins topic in this file sharing area . :)

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 07:03:13 am »
Hi lightspeed,

I figured out why it wasn't working for me, I have Dragon NaturallySpeaking, when I say the word Christmas: do you see that it's spelled with a capital C.
I typed in the word christmas on my keyboard and it worked just fine.
Is there a way that you can edit it so it recognizes the cap version of Christmas?
If you post the coding on how to make the changes, I will make the changes in the link that way when people download it it will be the updated version.
I hope that you will seriously consider my suggestion on making it more of a seasonal thing in putting together Christmas, valentines, Thanksgiving, and so on together.

Sincerely, with Christmas cheer.
C load.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 10:25:50 am »
HI cload, i actually did it that way on purpose (maybe it's laziness but on some things i personally don't capitalize some words , (guess its a little faster when writing ) so i just spelled it with a small c on purpose otherwise if i wrote it (typed) and didn't capitialize it , it wouldn't work for me .  see their is sometimes reason and ryming to my maddness lol .
anyway in the uhp where you open it their should be an area toward the top that looks like this .

If InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "christmas") > 0 Then

change that to a capital       on the word christmas , then close and save changes that will correct the problem .
and by the way i do already have others for other seasons already done , i don't remember if i have posted them or not , i will repost them later , i have one for new years to .

many i have i am already using .
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 10:32:57 am by lightspeed »

Digaantoo

• View Profile
    • http://www.bestbeltsandersreview.info/
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 10:56:32 am »
Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can’t wait to read lots of your posts.

cload

• View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 04:00:53 pm »
Hi lightspeed,

I hope it's okay, but I made a little bit of a modification to your plug-in so that people that are using Dragon NaturallySpeaking will no longer have a problem with the word Christmas.

If InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "Christmas") or InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "christmas") > 0 Then

please let me know if this is okay to add to your plug-in, and if it is okay I will add it to your plug-in on my public download folder.

Sincerely,
C load.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 07:30:39 pm »
yes that ok to make the change in the letter and post publicly , and by the way thanks for asking , "i appreciate it!!"  :) ;)