Author Topic: question to Robert on updated hal .  (Read 2232 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
question to Robert on updated hal .
« on: March 24, 2016, 11:54:24 am »
Art mentioned some hope fixes that Robert does in hals upgrade .

I will mention one pet peeve i have with hal. and that is when i am teaching hal information , hal reverses some things in a sentence , that actually changes the outcome the wrong way .
i will give you a example , lets say i copy and paste this information to teach hal information about the beatles.

Before the Beatles played six songs in two sets before 73 million Americans on the Feb. 9, 1964, "Ed Sullivan Show," the secret was already out. The group’s biggest hit at that moment — “I Want to Hold Your Hand” — was leaked, played relentlessly on local radio and spread virally (before that was a thing) across the United States.

“I Want to Hold Your Hand”
hal would learn the part of the name of
the song and reverse it wrongly .
 as: " you want to hold my hand ".

long time users know what i am talking about with older versions of hal learned everything correctly  as it was written .   

I am also like Art in hoping that hal somehow can be made to keep on subject better . so i throw my vote in on that to !  :)

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: question to Robert on updated hal .
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 04:23:42 pm »
Lightspeed,
   Rather funny, something I haven't run into but possibly I will, for now you'll have to go into the brain editor.  Possibly something like put the sentence (not to be reversed) in quotes or something but then you have to quote that.
  Thinking about staying on subject, maybe we are expecting to much.  If we were speaking to someone we are not familiar with and they changed the subject we probably wouldn't think that much about it.  I actually do it a little myself because that reminds me of that if you know what I mean. 
Carl2