dupa

Author Topic: Brain and brain! What is brain?  (Read 4690 times)

lambar

• View Profile
    • http://www.donet.com/~megron
Brain and brain! What is brain?
« on: February 09, 2005, 02:43:37 pm »
A little Star Trek humor. [:p]

anyway, I examined a couple files in the default brain folder and noticed that some of the brn files only held a couple sentences.  can these be merged together in one file, or will that confuse HAL? I wasn't sure if this fell under the "Merging Brains" category of which I saw a couple posts.

Thanks.
Ron

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 02:44:33 pm »
lambar,
In general do not combine .brn files. They are separate for a number of reasons. If they are topic files then Hal finds topic focussed replies by the unique file name. Other .brn files have similar reasons for separation.

=vonsmith=

The_Blackness

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2005, 03:54:24 pm »
then how am i to use the uncensored brain with the def brain and the XTF brain?

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 04:08:46 pm »
Only one brain plug-in can be used at once. Think of each brain plug-in (script with .uhp extension) as a unique and seperate person, not as one part of a whole. You may only select one brain to run from Hal's general options.

The different brain plug-ins (uhp scripts) may use some, all, or none of the same .brn database files or may not, depending on how they are programmed.
Robert Medeksza

The_Blackness

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 09:56:14 pm »
can someone tell me what files (if possible), to place into one of the brains so that hal can learn and use profane words (more because i would like to see how hal will use these abilities along with his usual chatter. my goal is for hal (after he has matured alittle) to be able to respond to an impolite remark in a way that you could expect, so if you swear at hal and other such things he will tell you what he thinks of you and what you should do with yourself! I believe that this would make him more life like.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 06:03:33 pm »
You can use notepad to examine the contents of the uncensored brain. Find the section that details Hal's comeback remarks. Also, if you swear at Hal, Hal will call up a routine for that as well.

Chatting with Hal in a vulgar manner will also have an effect on it's learning of these words.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

The_Blackness

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 08:44:25 pm »
i suppose before i decide to put in the brain like this i should find out what the most common repurcutions would be, would someone like to fill me in? and i wont be swearing at my hal. I see no need to use vulgar language, unless i was teaching it about moods... or something :/. so could someone tell me what to expect when i do this? i dont really want a hal that will just start randomly swearing at me for real reason.