dupa

Author Topic: Voice Recogntion  (Read 2271 times)

circuits3000

• View Profile
Voice Recogntion
« on: March 18, 2005, 09:58:41 am »
I recently purchased Untra Hal Assistant v. 5.0.57

I also own IBM ViaVoice 10 Advanced, which seems to recognize my voice a lot better than Hal.  However, Hal has some features like calculator, phone book, apoointments, etc. I really like.  I selected IBM ViaVoice Continuous Dictation in Select SR Engine.  And the recognition doesn't really change.

Also I learned that when Hal accesses ViaVoice SR Engine, the file somehow becomes corrupt and unable to be use by ViaVoice.  I have to repair Viavoice by reinstalling it to get it running again.  So I've decided to go back to Hal's original settings usig Microsoft Engine.

As far as recognition goes, have any of you out there read all the training material for Hal?  And does it indeed help with recocnition?  I want to find this out before spending valuable time reading when there might be something else wrong here.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give.

FuzzieDice

Voice Recogntion
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 06:53:37 pm »
I see you got the avatar I made. Cool, we're avatar twins now. :)

As for speech recognition, I read several of the MS speach training, if that's what you're talking about and everything I say comes out a garble of nonsense. :( I think part might be my headset/mic I have is defective. I hope the one I'm getting with the Ultra Hal CD-ROM will work better, or the boom mic I have on order from another place. I also have my computer next to me with 6 fans going to cool down a 2 GHz machine in a large case (overkill, probably, I know). It's not too loud but it does generate a constant white noise. I keep it about 2 feet away as I like the glow of the fan lights in the case via side window, etc. :)

But, if I use the MS SDK 5.1 dictation pad example for the C++ (already compiled example), it does FAR better speach recognition than Ultra Hal Assistant does. I don't know why though. :/ I posted about it but no answer yet.