Author Topic: Halpad popping up... Help?  (Read 3079 times)

Tanshin

• View Profile
Halpad popping up... Help?
« on: July 09, 2005, 01:58:43 pm »
I just bought the full version of hal 5.  I did a clean install and every time my computer boots and hal loads this big halpad screen opens with it.  How can I stop that, it annoys me very much.

Another question, when typing to hal in the free version I could take my time say, typing out a doctors appointment.   Now with the full version if I don't type fast enough it's like it presses enter for me, usually half way into "I have an appointment" then I look at my appointment card for the date look back and it has already returned that line which helps  me none.  I have to type my appointments in notepad and copy them over to be fast enough.

Any ideas would be great.  I love the software just not these two things.

-Tanshin

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 02:55:04 pm »
Tansin,
  I had something similar happen when using Dragon ( Speach reconition). Before I could check the sentence for mistakes it was entered. I turned off Hals speach reconition to solve my problem.Your problem seems worse so I'll let someone more experienced make reccomendations.
Carl2

Tanshin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 03:04:21 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Carl2

Tansin,
  I had something similar happen when using Dragon ( Speach reconition). Before I could check the sentence for mistakes it was entered. I turned off Hals speach reconition to solve my problem.Your problem seems worse so I'll let someone more experienced make reccomendations.
Carl2

Hello!  Thanks for answering so quickly.  I guess I could always shut off the speach reconition option when just typing with hal and turn it on when I want to talk.

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 03:45:00 pm »
Maybe the volume of your microphone is set too high. You can choose if Hal should load when Windows starts up, when you go to the options menu of Hal.