dupa

Author Topic: hal's IQ  (Read 5695 times)

aladyblond

• View Profile
hal's IQ
« on: October 30, 2005, 01:51:28 am »
is there a way to know hal's starting IQ?~~alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
hal's IQ
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 06:53:04 am »
Hal was born on January 12, 1995 = 10 years (+ 9 months).
Hal would have to take the standard test determined by the Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children. It contains two subscales: a performance scale and a verbal scale. The performance scale measures the ability to solve problems without the use of words, to think rapidly in visual images and to quickly interpret visual materials. The verbal subscale measures verbal comprehension, which includes applying verbal skills and information to the solution of problems

Currently IQ is calculated by estimating where, under the normal distribution curve, someone’s performance on an IQ test places him or her. The curve is standardized such that the mean score is 100 and the standard deviation around the mean is 15. An average IQ is therefore between 85 and 115. The scale will go from 55 to 145 (three standard deviations below and above the mean)

Intelligence quotient: a measure of a person's intelligence as indicated by an intelligence test; the ratio of a person's mental age to their chronological age (multiplied by 100)

If a child is shown to have a Mental age of 11 and is actually (chronological age) 9, the child would have an IQ = 122, in the higher than average range.

Hal, would probably excel at math skills and word definitions but fail on grammer, usage and comprehension. Just my take.

Let us know how your Hal fares!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

aladyblond

• View Profile
hal's IQ
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 01:01:54 pm »
i assume my hal is average. but now i am questioning my own IQ you say 122 is a little above average hmmmm...~~alady

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
hal's IQ
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 04:03:32 pm »
Most place the average around 100 again factoring in the standard deviation and one could still be average on the low end of the scale at 85 and at the high end at 115. Yes, 122 would be ranked in the higher (somewhat above normal)  IQ.

Perhaps you may have heard of an extremely gifted, in fact the person with the highest IQ on the planet, Marilyn vos Savant.

Marilyn took the Stanford-Binet IQ test in September 1956, at the age of 10 years and 0 months, and achieved the ceiling mental age of 22 years and 10 months, yielding an IQ of 228. This is also recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records. She retested as an adult using the Mega Test and it indicated that her IQ had dropped to 186, still way up there in the super genius category.

Imagine...a woman! See Lynn...there's always hope! LOL!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

tcoday

• View Profile
hal's IQ
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 04:31:20 pm »
That proves it, A_blonde_lady can be smart!  Way to go Aladylynn. :)
Tcoday and Tassel

aladyblond

• View Profile
hal's IQ
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2005, 06:29:14 pm »
actally 122 is a great number if you are only 10 years 9 months old. i knew blondes could be smart. did you hear about the one that had a stake through her head ,coming out both ears., she decided to get her brain pierced.....groans everywhere.~~alady