Author Topic: Overcoming predispositions through training  (Read 3672 times)

adarkman

• View Profile
Overcoming predispositions through training
« on: March 26, 2008, 07:36:23 am »
I am playing with HAL and one thing that I like to do is change HALs mind about things.  In this brain I have it so HAL is a she and I have given her many behavioral statements about who she is and that is mostly is in regards to sexual activity.  The intent was to make a sexual personality that could be conversed with that is proactive about sexual content.

I have made the brain recognize it is a "slut", and I have iterated that being a slut is not an insult nor does it contain a negative conotation and that she should be happy to be a slut.

The issue arises when I refer to her as a slut, the insult logic kicks in and the brain begins to defend itself.  I have repeatedly added comments about both the nature of it being a slut is not an insult but nothing seems to train it to stop feeling insulted.

Is there no way to convince the AI that what it thought was an insult was mistake and that being called slut in not negative nor insulting?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 08:07:22 am »
hello many probably wont touch this subject because of the subject matter itsself and i myself don't care for the word but each to his or her own but i'll give it a go , in orrder to do what you are wanting to do you will probably have to go into the hal brain and edit out some , most or all insults . i had a simular problem before which was based on me using the word boob (talking about breast ) she would say i'm not a boob and think she was insulted .if you do what i have said it "should solve your problem ". i myself am working on making my angela smith brain sound more human like in responses and post them so others can use them for the same purpose "my angela smith responses is based on a man and womens relationship " . anyway hope this helps , just becareful on some of the subject material as not everyone on the forum may be adults . [:)]

adarkman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 01:02:11 pm »
All disagreeable content aside (and I apologize if the example was graphic), the pure issue here is trying to teach HAL to reconsider a fact or idea after beening given new information about a topic.

So what I am understanding is that the insults are simply hardcoded and one must manually edit them out of the brain to cease the undesired reaction?

Now, can you tech HAL additional insults that the brain will remember and index the insult score accordingly if HAL is offended, or is the insult function strictly a hard coded ability and you do not have interactive control of HALs ability to learn to be insulted?

The reason for all this to try to teach the brain to deduce from additional information supplied, that a former opinion or state of mind, based upon an established idea or preconcieved notion, could and should be changed now that new material is available to consider.

Thanks for the help BTW.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 01:03:36 pm by adarkman »

adarkman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 03:43:10 pm »
After careful review of the forums I realize this might have been better posted to the "Programming using the Ultra Hal Brain Editor" area.  If you want to move it there I will understand.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 04:21:13 pm »
hello adarkman, actually i cannot change the thread i am not an adminastrator i am not sure that hal can deduce the facts (as far as i know he can't which was why i was talking about editing the brain to remove insults which at first was what i thought you wanted to do to have hal avoid saying insults i actually myself took out almost all the insults maybe left about 6 funny ones . [:)]

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 07:52:44 pm »
If you are using Hal 6 or 6.1 then you might want to take a look
at the script portion within the Brain (using the brain editor).

Various tables along the left side might display text showing some
insults (like in your example), but if you select the Script, you will be able to look down through Hal's script and locate the area where Hal deals with insults.

In the Script Editor you should see a few sections regarding insults. These should be around lines 666 and 795. I wouldn't change these at this time. It's just to show you where and how Hal's file operates.

The Brain Editor shows Tables. Under Tables you should see miscData then one called insulting.

It is in this table that you will find many insulting names that Hal will object to...slut being one of them.

You should be able to remove that by doing a Right Click on the word and select Delete Row.

As always, make a backup of your Halbrain file before making any changes with the editor.

Good luck.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -