dupa

Author Topic: Virtual Fem  (Read 174631 times)

kuuga28

• View Profile
Virtual Fem
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2004, 08:11:57 am »
you mean if i install At & T natural voice,virtualfem will automatically scan it & i'll be able to use the voice fonts from there?

VirtualFem

• View Profile
Virtual Fem
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2004, 08:15:40 am »
Yes, that is exactly right!  [:D]

-VirtualFem
http://www.virtualfem.com

kuuga28

• View Profile
Virtual Fem
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2004, 08:18:05 am »
Thanksfor the info.I'll like to create my own girl.

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
Virtual Fem
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2004, 04:52:22 pm »
Probably the best free female voice available is the Lernout-Hauspie TruVoice British female. I think you can still access it either through DesktopMates, or other MSAgent programs like CyberBuddy.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Virtual Fem
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2004, 06:05:41 pm »
I agree with the L&H voices. Personally, I use the British female voice and it sounds way better than Micro-Mary!

Oddly enough, along the same topic, I was about to post a new site I discovered this evening. Do your own research into which TTS voice company and voice might be best for your application.
There are a lot of examples from which to choose.
Find it at:
http://www.tmaa.com/tts/
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

VirtualFem

• View Profile
Virtual Fem
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2004, 06:50:48 pm »
Thanks for the link, Art!  Very cool.

The L&H voices seem to only be available in a SAPI 4.0 version...

from the microsoft site:
Windows XP however now ships with SAPI 5.0 which does not provide backward compatibility support for its predecessor. Fortunately, SAPI 4.0 and SAPI 5.0 can co-exist together on the same Windows XP computer.

What a mess!  I have not been able to get the L&H voices to work on my machine, I think because of this.  Have to do some debugging there...

I think the Cepstral and AT&T voices are the best I have heard.  Cepstral has a new voice coming out at the end of the year (Stephanie).  We might try again to make some kind of deal with
Cepstral to license all VirtualFem users.

.I'll like to create my own girl

Great!  Please feel free to email for assistance if you need -- we have tried to make it easy to create your own VirtualFem.  If you have the video clips, you are most of the way done already!

-VirtualFem

crunch

• View Profile
Virtual Fem
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2004, 01:06:20 pm »
don't qoute me on this but....
 I heard rumors that the next version of Hap player and hap characters will have full bod rag doll with realistic radial movement in all the joints of the characters..
 all movements also to be programable..

just think of the possibilities with a decent mind such as our Hal..
this is all the hint i think i should add

[;)]
Crunch

<<I can't is the seed that never grows!>>

VirtualFem

• View Profile
Virtual Fem
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2004, 01:25:49 pm »
The problem there is we think 3D women are not sexy at all.  Some 3D art is starting to look a little good nowadays, but that is rendered 3D art, not real-time.  And if you are going to render a movie, you might as well use a real girl.

-VirtualFem

crunch

• View Profile
Virtual Fem
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2004, 01:41:51 pm »
with a high enough poly count it is possible to get real time 3d to look very close to or better than most poser 3d art. it is also more fluid than the insertion of video, more interactive and can lipsyc with out the clutch cargo type cartoon look, You product has it's place but i believe so also does real time 3d with a decent brain,

As in a very good movie or video game the suspension of realizm is of the upmost import.
 with a lifelike enough 3d character and a very good brain i believe this could be a great, fun  virtual girl or boy friend... but again your concept also has it's merits for another type of client.

immagine this with 3 times the poly count and better lighting and fluid movement

Download Attachment: crystal butterfly.jpg
35.01 KB
Crunch

VirtualFem

• View Profile
Virtual Fem
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2004, 01:46:34 pm »
That's just it, the poly count needs to come up.

One day, real time 3D will be the thing to do.  Especially if we can get a nice holographic projector in your room hooked to your PC.  [:D]

crunch

• View Profile
Virtual Fem
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2004, 08:16:29 pm »
i saw that movie .. lets just hope that neither of our projects takes over the house and rags out like that one did lol
[:D]

i do wish you guys the best in your endevors
Crunch

VirtualFem

• View Profile
Virtual Fem
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2004, 07:51:38 am »
Yes, we'll have to put safeguards in to prevent VirtualFems from taking over the world.  Wait a minute...  Isn't that how that movie started?  [8D]

Can I share a pic too?  Not nude...
http://www.virtualfem.com/emilywall1.jpg

And thanks for the kind wishes!

-VirtualFem

CoCoKid

• View Profile
    • http://www.thefinalmix.com
Virtual Fem
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2004, 02:09:55 am »
Hmmmm....

Honestly, I have seen better looking Poser characters than the "Emilywall" file you have there Virtualfem. Wouldn't it be easier to just pay a woman to set in-front of a cam and carry on a real conversation... eliminating Hal and graphics characters altogether?
I'm sure your subscribers would be more satisfied.

I think that technology will take us quicker to a realistic looking 3D render long before you will successfully be able to move your "EmilyWall", unless you are just using looped video, which gets old real fast.

Since VirtualFem is targeting ****ers AND money DOES talk, you could probably use still shots and your subscribers would still pay 2 play.
(Sorry, if I seem harsh, but I see so many other uses for Hal and characters).

Honestly, when I look at it from a Fantasy point of few (that is your goal, I believe), the Poser characters are much more seductive and when done properly, the Poser characters win hands and knees down (pardon the pun). See for yourself at Renderotica. These are some of the best character creators in the world. (WARNING - May contain nudity).

Just my opinion,
-=Rick=-

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Virtual Fem
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2004, 06:03:39 am »
Rick,

You raise some valid points but keep in mind that VirtualFem is a pretty neat concept. The merging of two ideas to create a new vehicle with which to entertain us.

Not all programs (or ideas) are the cat's meow by themselves, but the ability to combine the different formats and have a working end product is, in itself, no easy task.

People, as diverse as they are, have different likes and tastes. If Virtual Fem can help generate a few $$ for it's creator then my hat's off to him. The Poser community has people selling virtual props, textures, characters, animations and making a ton of money as well.

So where's the difference between an amature chick sitting in front of a web cam showing her ta-ta's or interacting with a virtual one? It's just a matter of individual taste. If one can be fortunate enough and clever enough to generate $$ with his/her ideas, so much the better!

No disrespect, just another point of view.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

VirtualFem

• View Profile
Virtual Fem
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2004, 07:28:37 am »
CoCoKid,

I am quite familiar with the poser community, I have some stuff on Renderosity that is highly rated and I have been using poser since version 1.  Glad you think poser girls are realistic looking; LOL.  The first version of VirtualFem did come with a poser girl.  Rendering 3d movies is done usually when one cannot afford real models, or when doing dangerous or hard to produce movies.

The emilywall1.jpg pic, this is just a photo of one of our girls.  VirtualFem uses high-quality MPEG video.  Usually 2000 kbit/sec.  It is somewhat like the 'virtual sex with so and so' DVD titles in that respect.

After you download VirtualFem, and any add-on girls you want, the internet is not required to run them.  Web cams have low-quality, and many users are talking to the girl at the same time, a far, far different thing than the immersive 'Virtual Girlfriend' experience that VirtualFem provides.

Art; thanks for the kind words!  [:)]

-VirtualFem