Zabaware Forums > Ultra Hal 7.0

Ultra Hal 7 for Android Beta

(1/3) > >>

Medeksza:
I apologize I haven't been more visible/active here for quite a while. In the background I have been working very slowly these past few years on creating a new cross platform Hal that can run on Android and IOS devices. I am happy to announce though that I have have a preliminary beta version that can run on Android devices.

If you are interested in testing you can grab the installation APK from:
https://a80db4ff6ae0d3c0fb9a-8e71e26de9dcc976c118d235118a125a.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/ultra-hal-7-beta-release.apk

This is not yet in the Google Play store as it is too early still, so will require "sideloading". Most phones block sideloading by default as a security precaution. If you are comfortable with doing it, here are instructions on how to sideload apps for Android: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-sideload-install-android-app-apk/

If you use the cloud based Ultra Hal 7 for windows, you can use the same username and password to login to the mobile version of Hal and it will share the same learned info and brain. It uses the OpenAI GPT3 Curie engine. If you don't have credits for GPT3 Curie then the system will still automatically give you 1000 free credits upon installing the mobile app, so should be good for testing at least.

I developed this mobile app using a system called Flutter, so it should actually cross-compile to iPhone (IOS) and also Mac and Linux as well. But I need to actually buy a Mac myself before I can compile an iPhone and Mac app and those systems absolutely do not allow compiling from Windows or sideloading, so maybe in few months I'll have beta version in the official app stores.

I'll post some screenshots and more details in a bit.

Medeksza:
If you allow Hal to record audio (optional permission) you can use your phone built in speech recognition to talk to him (not all phones support this)

After installing you can use the + button to create a new bot profile

First select an animated character, then a voice, then a background

Medeksza:
Finally set your bot's name, your name, genders and a few other options. Currently only "GPT3 Curie" works as the neural network engine and only "Memory Bank A" works for the memory (which is the same memory as Ultra Hal 7 for Windows Cloud uses). I plan on implementing support for additional "memory banks" soon so you can create different bots with different memories.

After setting these options you'll get to the final screen where you can chat with your bot. Type in the box below or use the microphone for speech recognition. Tap the speaker icon at top if you want to hear the bot speak (or leave muted for silent conversation).

If you come across any bugs or have any feedback/suggestions for improvements, please let me know.

Art:
Nice work Robert. It appears as if it could be a lot of fun for those who want to have their Hal with them when they're on the go.

Looks very promising!!

Checker57:
Glad to see this long-awaited update presented on the Android platform!  Hats off to your persistence!

Just have one issue.  I cannot seem to log onto it.

I use the same username and password on this forum and on the Desktop version, however, doesn't want to work on the Android app.  There could be confusion with which email address is used, but I have tried both, and neither works.  I also tried resetting my password, and well... nope.  Can you check what's the deal?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version