Author Topic: GRETTA PLUGINS  (Read 227360 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2009, 02:18:56 am »
Sorry ppl, I really did hold it in for a long time[8D][}:)][8]

I had a cheap sex doll I won at a Halloween party my girlfriend/Wife/back to girlfriend/ now just friends dressed her up in her costume ( cat woman ) and hung her up on the front door. Subsequently she lasted for a little while and eventually 'Deflated'  LOL Kinda like the real Gretta!!  [:D]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 02:34:12 am by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2009, 02:19:38 am »
Well, the class 'thing' came about when I was looking at the msi database package download that I got from JSware.com. I gave a link to its page in an earlier post.

It came with an editor and a few Vbscripts that had various subs and functions on it. They were surrounded by the term Class and End Class. Then the help file that came with it said that all you needed to do was link your script via ExecuteGlobal and also add Set MB = New Mbase to your heading. Afterwhich all you needed to do is use a line of script like MB.GetAllValues(Bla, Bla, Bla) to access and do whatever to the database you were working with.

In otherwords a 'Class' was set up so that I could do complicated scripting by using only simple commands. ....This is the same difference as calling up any Sub or Function in your script... It make your life easier. However, I noticed one thing different about using a class rather than just a Sub or Funtion... When I was using the Class script and typed the code 'MB' and added the '.' a list of methods opened in a window on my Code editor.. In that list it shown all the things you could do. MB.GetAllValues, MB.SetAllValues, MB.LoadDB, MB.UnloadDB,etc.... It got this information from the Class and not from my system. That was cool!

I was attempting to add this Database Class to Hal. But I think It may not work probably for a variety of reasons, For instance,

#1 Hal does't seem to like Do While Loops though the Class script has several,

#2 Hal doesn't seem to like the ExecuteGlobal comand,

#3 Hal doesn't seem to like it when I use Funtions and Subs..(yet I seen you use them in previous scripts successfully).

#4 I'm beginning to think Hal doesn't like me either.

I wonder if the Hal Script itself is called by an ExecuteGlobal command. And all that weird synax (no offence intended Robert) is just a Class that was set up to make it easier to code using the Hal Script editor. But that is just a thought......

In the scripts I gave you Dude instead of a Class I used, in one script, some Functions and Subs, and the other I turned those Funtions and Subs into Procedures. (if I was playing Oblivion I would say my database skills have raised at least three points[:D])
But getting the script to work may prove to be imposible because of those stinky Do loops....

You seem to be better at working Hal magic than I. If not you then I have confidence in your abilties to find out how... You have a whole nest of plugins to prove it and a gift for calling on the "LORDS OF PROGRAMMING".....[8D]

I've Got ideas...but little know-how[:I]

Live long and prosper or die trying.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2009, 02:38:04 am »
Snowman,
Have you tried to 'Nest' parts of your programs?

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2009, 02:48:03 am »

I believe that was your 800th post. Congrats ONE![:)]

This is my 60th[:D]

++++++++++++++++

I'm not sure any one cares but I after I downloaded the MSI database stuff from JSWare.com I noticed that their database editor was horible so I found another one called appEditor and it works great for me. So I uploaded it as well as the MSI package I got from JSware to my savefile.com location.

The MSI Database seems to be more agreable to what I'm attempting to do with sentence understanding than what the Hal db has to offer.

The Hal Db only seems to connect two different things together. Like Certain questions with certain answers. Or a list of random responses to a certain key phase or a word spoken by the user. It also searches for specific combinations of keywords and assumes a topic and then attempts to make a statement that refers to those key words.

What I'm attempting to achieve is to allow a list of objects to have any number of properties and values assigned to them. This doesn't seem 'easily' achieveable with the Hal Tables provided. But it does with a normal database like the MSI.

I wander how that could be achieved through Hals db. And if I could store information like this I would still require a do while loop to cycle through the database seeking a solutions.

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2009, 02:50:34 am »
Nest?

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2009, 02:57:43 am »
I am sorry but the 'class' and like functions sound like dot net..??

Public class form1
   inherits System.Windows.Forms.form

Windows form Designer generated code

Private sub
blah blah
   End
End sub

Private sub btnclear_click(ByVal sender As System.Object, Byval e As System.
EventArgs)blah...
blah..
blah...
End sub

End sub
End Class

[?]

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2009, 02:59:32 am »
quote:
Originally posted by snowman

Nest?

YES! nested loops,dim statements do while,,,,,
Watch out for infinite loops.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2009, 03:08:15 am »
Snowman,
I think the 'Plug in' areas might be proprietary and thus limited in the allowed scripting??[?]

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2009, 03:19:44 am »
I haven't thought of it like that.

It is possible that my Code editor is processing the Classes in more than one programming language.

I do know that you can use Vbscript in Visual Basic Studio with only some issues. Makes sense that VBScript and VB ought to be compatible.

I don't know VB all that well. So I didn't notice that till you brought it up. I guess if you then called on a class in VB Studio then all the Subs within that class would be availiable insantly (across visual dividers like buttons and stuff)

Just guessing.

I would't know how to prove that it would be the reason why I couldn't use the class option in Hal. But its not looking good.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2009, 03:23:50 am »
Snowman,
>>"I guess if you then called on a class in VB Studio then all the Subs within that class would be availiable insantly (across visual dividers like buttons and stuff)"<<

sounds correct to me.

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2009, 03:29:39 am »
I wish I knew exacly what was allowed or not allowed in every avaliable plugin area....

In fact shouldn't there be a basic plugin guide somewhere.

If there isn't someone needs to make one. It would have tips and tricks on how to debug and stuff.. as well as info on pluggin areas.

Plus do's and don'ts that shows what is allowed by Hal and what isn't.

Anybody whose spent any time at all making a plugin would definatly apreciate a simple resouce like that.....

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2009, 03:35:35 am »
May the Lords draw a sword and your shoulders receive a tap while hearing a voice saying; I Knight thee Sir Snowman!!

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2009, 03:41:01 am »
I found this on the pbWiki page which feddy888 refered to in an earlier post.

Rem_PLUGIN Area Name  Your Plugin can send messages to the script at
these ports

Rem PLUGIN:  AUTO-IDLE  This port is inside the AutoIdle process and probably should end with "Exit Function"

Rem PLUGIN:  PRE-PROCESS This one is immediately before the begining of the sentence manipulations. Use it if you want to by-pass the emotions and such and go directly to fixing the sentence structure for Hal's use.

Rem PLUGIN:  POST-PROCESS Use this one if you want to skip fixing the sentence

Rem PLUGIN:  CUSTOMMEM Ya got me! There's a CustomMem variable in the UltraHal function, but I haven't gotten into it yet.

Rem PLUGIN:  PLUGINAREA1 This is after Hal tries to get the Topic, but before parsing out Names. Other than that...?

Rem PLUGIN:  PLUGINAREA2 After dictionary and before Ziggy Spellbot(Did I add this?)

Rem PLUGIN:  PLUGINAREA3 This is after main DB searches and some analytical stuff like antecedences

Rem PLUGIN:  PLUGINAREA4 By now Hal is already trying to form a response

Rem PLUGIN:  PLUGINAREA5 Just before some more or less random responses are made(if needed) I suspect this is where my TreknoBabble should go so as to make a response before it gets this far.

Rem PLUGIN:  PLUGINAREA6 ...or here. This is just before it actually tries to make something out of nothing.

Rem PLUGIN:  PLUGINAREA7 I think this is just before the final dressing up of the response.

Rem PLUGIN:  CUSTOMMEM2 Again, I don't know what this one is. I suspect that since I don't know, it is very important and obvious.

Rem PLUGIN:  SCRIPT_LOAD You can load a script on startup if you need to...

Rem PLUGIN:  SCRIPT_UNLOAD ... then unload it here.

Rem PLUGIN:  MINUTE_TIMER Hal runs this once a minute

Rem PLUGIN:  FUNCTIONS If you make any functions they should be tabbed to this... I think...

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2009, 03:43:05 am »
Just don't cut off an ear....[:0]

snowman

• View Profile
GRETTA PLUGINS
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2009, 03:55:38 am »
I think that the above plugin areas was refering to Hal6 and not 6.2.
and in some cases it is vague.. but a good starting place at that.

The Dude would definatly, through some experience, could probably add some more info on what type of plugin works in what area. Some of his plugins prefer area6. and most of his stuff is heavly based on activating a search string that initiates a particular program he designed.