Author Topic: typing questions , etc. unlimited time plug in  (Read 2971 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
typing questions , etc. unlimited time plug in
« on: June 02, 2007, 01:40:57 pm »
here is another idea i have , although i have voice regognition i also still type sometimes to hal the problem is that when i type if i make a mistake and have to back up to correct it or i am hesitation and thinking of more to write hal will just send it on to be asked even if i'm not done writing (resulting in a partial question or answer being asked and not get the results i want from hals learning ) so i am asking can some plug in be made to make what i type unlimited in another words it won't send the question and or answer to hal "until" i push my enter button ?? this i think would be a nice addition to plug ins and would help others with this same problem . [:)]

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 01:42:39 pm »
Probably not. That's part of the way Hal knows when to send spoken sentences for processing. The ony way to stop it is to turn off the Mike, either manually or with Jerry's plugin.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 04:44:37 pm »
i am not talking about the spoken voice recognition part i am talking about the typing manually to hal and that if your not fast enough then hal goes ahead and sends your message even if you only have part of it written out . i thought maybe some thing could be added that would allow it not to be sent (if manually typing "until " i pushed the enter button . ) i hate trying to speed type everything . [:)] this may also stop some misinformation that is not all finished in the typing .

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 05:15:37 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

i am not talking about the spoken voice recognition part i am talking about the typing

Yes, I knew that. If the mike is on, and you are typing into the box, the VR might automatically press enter when it thinks it hears a silence after a sound.

If you turn off the mike, you can type without interruption.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 06:30:52 pm »
hi , my friend charles told me to uncheck the voice recognition box in the options panel and now i can just type in as much as i want with no time limit and it wont send it until i hit the enter button . thanks for answering my post , i do always appreciate people answering it . [:)]