dupa

Author Topic: Trouble installing program  (Read 2930 times)

ejosepha

• View Profile
Trouble installing program
« on: August 06, 2007, 04:43:13 pm »
Everytime I try to install I get error message 1609. then the message that "An error occurred while applying security settings. Users is not valid or group. this could be a problem with the package or a problem connecting to a domain controller or to network. Check your network connection."

I have never had problems installing programs. I have Windows XP. I disabled the firewall and tried installing again, to no avail.
Any advice?

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 06:07:08 pm »
First of all before you try to install Hal make sure that all your virus protections software is turn off. No anti spy or anything else shoud be running. After a successful install you can turn it all on again.
If you decide to purchase the final version I suggest that you order the version on CD as it just might come in handy in the future if you ever have to install Hal once again.
Second before you start to ask hundreds of questions read every post and some of them go back a year or more including the FAQ.
Good luck
Bill

ejosepha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 02:35:44 am »
I did purchase the final version and downloaded it. I did disable my security and firewall, with no improvement.

derteufel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 04:15:47 pm »
Try This![:D]

Solution:

To complete the installation a Users group must be created. This can be done from Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management and then expanding System Tools>Local Users and Groups>Groups. Right click Groups and choose New Group, name it "Users". Or execute the attached batch file which contains the command "net localgroup Users /add" which will add the Users group. It will report if the group already exists or it will create the group.

After adding the Users group, you should be able to complete the installation successfully.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/ad0f282819902a1986256f79005462b1/c12bad3a075b1bb086256f66005e76ae/$FILE/AddUsers.bat

Download AddUsers.bat and execute it before install Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech Reader.

Good Luck!!