Author Topic: How To Place Brain Plug Ins (description tutorial) by lightspeed  (Read 5071 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
How To Place Brain Plug Ins (description tutorial) by lightspeed
« on: December 10, 2011, 10:21:54 am »
       Hi all this is a tutorial for how to place plug ins for hals brain to make hal be able to do many more things .
REMEMBER  before placing any plug ins etc. "ALWAY'S" back up any important things , as sometimes mistakes can happen when anyone creates a brain plug in , after all were all only "HOOOOOMAN" !"

First things first , "IF" you are making a txt. file that someone has created of a uhp brain file you need to be sure and copy all of the file then save that copied file by (creating a txt. file ) and pasting it in it and save it .

Now you need to rename it , in RENAMING IT you have to "make sure " that the name of the file matched the "REM" name in the file (at the top of the plug in file , if this name is different it won't work .

After renaming it the correct name be sure and put ".uhp" for the file extension . and save it .
next take that file and place it in the programs folder  zabaware\ultra hal assistant 6 folder .
      For instance because i have a windows 7 86 bit mine goes in the following file :C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6
 *********"YOUR paticular path may be different and vay depending on your pc os system. "********

Next exit the program files (close them ) Reopen hal or Open hal . go to the options  menu  or general options click on brain , choose the brain you have , to the right you will see a window pane saying "choose additional brain plug ins (check for options):" Their you should see all the brain plug in that you have and the new one you put in will show up in the list for example a plug in of my christmas plug in would show up like this " CHRISTMAS HAPSWAP LS50"    just check that plug in and just hit "apply and ok " then chat with hal when it comes up and you will be able to use  the new plug in! note some plug in are triggered by certain words .

Note : in breaking down my plug in names " first part is the name "theme" and the second part (example LS) stands for my user name LIGHTSPEED) the 50 in this paticular case means that their is 50 random sayings that hal will say doing of course with christmas . the trigger word in this paticualr case is "christmas". when mentioning christmas hals character will say one of fifty random things to sound more human. (my goal) .

Note : if anyone else knows of any mistakes i have made in making this tutorial (that has experience and has created plug ins and knows for sure ) please chime in and i will correct it , as i want this for anyone who is a beginner at learning about where to put these ect. as we have new people all the time and this may help them more.  :)

echoman

Re: How To Place Brain Plug Ins (description tutorial) by lightspeed
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 12:32:55 pm »
Thanks Lightspeed.

Very useful! :)

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 06:01:15 am »
Hi lightspeed,

{For instance because i have a windows 7 86 bit mine goes in the following file :C:\Program Files (x86)\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6}

I'm not sure but did you mean to say, Windows 7 64-bit?

Sincerely,
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 07:28:35 pm »
yes it should be 64 bit as far as i know  but that is the pathway what i listed .

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 10:04:40 pm »
this should be a sticky
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.