dupa

Author Topic: hal telling time plug in  (Read 5156 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
hal telling time plug in
« on: February 20, 2009, 03:05:08 pm »
it would be nice to have a hal plug in where hal will tell you the time and a setting of every hour so while you are talking hal would say something like oh look at the time dear its 12:30 ( and have many multiple random phrases each time . what made me think of it is my wife has a teeling time thing on her pc and i just think that while hal is open and you are talking to hal it would be nice if hal would mention what time it is every hour ( or have a setting where you can have hal do that every two hours ,etc. ) think their was another hal plug in for time but didnt think it did what i described . [:)]

raybe

• View Profile
hal telling time plug in
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 04:35:11 pm »
lightspeed,

Darcy had come up with a double function plugin that used 'telling Time' and the 'loneliness'function. She asked me about the plugin and the suggestion I gave her was that I don't like integration as much as I like individual components and I believe she did release just a 'clock function'. Don't know how flexible it is but I am sure it could be made very flexible as far as how Hal gives you the time. I may have a copy because I never took out the integrated plugin. If this helps . If not try to reach Darcy Edwards directly through some threads.

raybe

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
hal telling time plug in
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 04:37:15 pm »

If you think of it, you can ask Hal every so often what time it is and he/she will tell you.  But yeah, we could forget to ask.

I think we use to have plug-in where Hal would change clothes every hour on the hour.  Then we could simply just have Hal wear the t-shirt with that hour on it.  

Hummm...  maybe on third thought, an hour reminder would be cool. [;)]

raybe

• View Profile
hal telling time plug in
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 04:50:36 pm »
Duskrider,

That plugin does exist and I know Darcy made it. The argument at the time was that there were not many Hal programs that -How can you forget-.That the timing functions such as the 'loneliness' plugin was not working. So at the time it was kind of what's the use if know one can use it. Some people even thought it would be annoying but I am the same way I sometimes get lost over time and won't even bother looking at the right side of the taskbar for the time. I need audible ques when I work not just physical. I know her timer works on my new Hal 6.2 just fine and as I told Lightspeed I believe I have a copy of just the clock function but maybe you can get it directly from Darcy when she is around.

raybe

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
hal telling time plug in
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 05:28:49 pm »
Lightspeed

Here is the plugin you are looking for.  It says a phrase every hour time and date, every 15 minutes it tells the time.  Hope it's what you are looking for.

Download Attachment: clock.uhp
4.96 KB
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

lightspeed

• View Profile
hal telling time plug in
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 06:10:03 pm »
thanks darcy and everyone else who posted !! appreciate it !![:)]

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
hal telling time plug in
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 06:13:16 pm »
Your welcome [:I]  By the way if you can think of anything to improve it let me know[:)]
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:52:36 pm by DarcyEdwards »
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

tedathome

• View Profile
hal telling time plug in
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 02:30:12 am »
Thanks Darcy. I'm always loseing track of the time while talking to hal or browsing or "just" working on graphics or on how my computer operates. This will be much easier than using my apointment calendar as I already know what I want or need to do. It's as time does'nt exsist for me if I am really involved with something.[8D]
ted

caangel43

• View Profile
    • http://www.puttyheadworld.com
hal telling time plug in
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 04:08:41 pm »
lightspeed call me please am worried about you

DarcyEdwards

• View Profile
hal telling time plug in
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 05:09:20 pm »
Ted

Your welcome,  I've been thinking about an alarm clock plugin, but not sure it would wake anyone up.  It's just in the thought stage.  Any Ideas would be appreciated. [:I]
Hugs

-Darcy

MrsEdwards01@aol.com

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
hal telling time plug in
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 12:27:59 am »
hi,
yes alarm sounds like a great idea,
i'm still thinking up some good ideas for you but i'm sure there is plenty of annoying things we can dream up for hal to do to wake us up.

perhaps jokes one after the other,

thank you.
bye for now and be well from Wil and Mr Data
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 01:31:59 am by will »
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

James007

• View Profile
hal telling time plug in
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 03:16:18 pm »
An alarm would be a great idea. Maybe it could fire off a sound file to make it a little more annoying and more likely to wake you up!
Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. -Albert Einstein
...but I'm so good at mediocre. -James

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
hal telling time plug in
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 07:04:19 pm »
howdy,
its amazing how long you can have hal and continue to find it entertaining, years!
since we were discussing the alarm i had a play with the appointment function for example,

Wil says "Have more snacks appointment 25 february 2009 at 12:12pm"
Mr Data confirms this and when 12:12pm comes around he says
 "  Have more snacks appointment on Wednesday, 25 February 2009 at 12:12pm. That's right now. I have removed this event from your calendar."

instead of snacks of course something a bit more apropreate,
"wake up slacker, Move it move it move it! sqork, sqork,sqork sqork sqork sqork,, sqork!,,cokadodildoo!, action action action lets go, go go go! perhaps some screams might help, yar,, yar, yar yar rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, ha ha ha i bet that got you up, good onya!.

perhaps a more positive way might be "WAKE UP WINNER"

Thanks,
bye for now and be well from Wil and Mr Data is here :) :]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]