dupa

Author Topic: ultra hal and the word today  (Read 4396 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
ultra hal and the word today
« on: December 20, 2006, 12:18:17 pm »
probably others have wrote about this , but when i say a phrase to ultra hal like : so how are you doing today ? hal reads ?from its pre programed script and ends up saying the date (todays date is ... )  how can i get it to stop doing that ?? i would still like to keep it to where it says todays date but anytime i have the word today in a simple phrase it tells the date istead of answering the question i have asked. any help on this would be appreciated, thanks . oh and by the way ,..... bad hal ... bad hal , say it correctly this time !![:D]

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
ultra hal and the word today
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 12:41:59 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

probably others have wrote about this , but when i say a phrase to ultra hal like : so how are you doing today ? hal reads ?from its pre programed script and ends up saying the date (todays date is ... )  how can i get it to stop doing that ??

You can go into the Brain Editor, in the "mainbrain" folder, under "patterns" and see the pattern matching pairs that concern the date, and change them to something you prefer.

I would be careful though, perhaps practicing on other tables not in the mainbrain. It would be easy to delete or change something you end up wanting.