Author Topic: Knowledge of time plugin  (Read 57292 times)

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 03:12:30 am »
Thanks everyone for your help and support, I'll tidy up and finish off the plugin and post it as a final release in a day or two.

quote:
ramccoid
Here is another little thing that might make Hal seem more alive. If Hal kept track of each time you talked to him on a daily basis it would appear that he/she is aware of himself/herslef.
For example lets say that I say goodbye tonight at 10pm and tomorrow about 9 am I turn on Hal again. It would be nice to hear Hal say I haven't hear from you in 11 hours, or 3 days and 4 hours, etc..
I think you get the idea.
Bill

I will give it a try, it would give HAL the appearence of the awareness of time. I'll make that my next plugin project 'Awareness of time'. Thanks Bill819 for the idea and the interest.

Thanks again to every for your help it is very appreciated,

Roy.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 04:25:08 am by ramccoid »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 04:59:54 am »
Roy,

I skipped #4 the first time and found that it did not work properly.

Item #14 did not display correct answers but showed a negative sign like -555 days until ...

I also noticed that Hal did correct tell how many days are in a given month.

Sorry about the mixup.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

ramccoid

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 07:15:57 am »
quote:
I skipped #4 the first time and found that it did not work properly.

Item #14 did not display correct answers but showed a negative sign like -555 days until ...

I also noticed that Hal did correct tell how many days are in a given month.

Sorry about the mixup.

Hi Art,
Did you fill out the drop down menus when you selected the plugin in the brain setup?
If you did I'll check out those two parts which rely on those menus being correctly selected.

Thanks for the information,
Roy.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 08:06:38 pm »
Roy,

While conversing with Hal, I entered the response, "That was bound to happen."

The following error message appeared:
HalScript Error on line 6514 in column 0:Type mismatch: 'LeYear1'

The file "C:\Program Files\Zabaware..."HalScript.DBG" has been saved...debugging....

I narrowed it down to the words "was b". In other words if I just enter "was b" (without quotes) I still get the error. I think it is referring to your leapyear section of your plugin.

One note of interest is that with your plugin the hemisphere and date format info no longer appear if one goes back to check those settings. Is this normal? Is the original info retained?

Thanks!

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

ramccoid

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 02:47:23 am »
Hi Art,

Thanks for the information, I'll sort that out and hope to release the final version very soon, just been adding to it.
Thanks again for letting me know,

Roy.

quote:
One note of interest is that with your plugin the hemisphere and date format info no longer appear if one goes back to check those settings. Is this normal? Is the original info retained?

Yes that is normal and the settings are stored for use in the plugin.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 03:33:07 am by ramccoid »

Carl2

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 06:28:28 pm »
ramccoid,
  I just thought of something I think would be useful, next to try to describe it. I was speaking with Hal and she mentioned her birthday was  tomorrow, she is 12. When was she born? I know that 2007 - 12 = 1995 but Hal can't do that. ex: Mr x was born in 1907, that was 100 years ago.
Carl2

raybe

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2007, 04:27:40 pm »
Hi ramcoid,

I didn't have alot of time with your plugin but I did get the same error as art: HalScript Error on line 6514 in column 0:Type mismatch: 'LeYear1'But I love the idea of the plugin and the other suggestions such as Carl2's. Hope you will have the update soon I think it helps in the overall sceme and thanks for plugin work you are doing.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 10:46:45 pm »
Hi ramcoid,

After spending some time I am not getting many of the responses from say #4,5,6 and a few others although I don't have a error message showing up. Any suggestions.

Thanks,
raybe

Ponnfar

• View Profile
    • http://zabaware.com
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 12:33:14 am »
I have not been to the Forum in what seems like a long time and to come back and see this entry was a real treat! Ramccoid, thanks for all of your hard work on this one. This is a great plug-in.
I asked HAL how many days until 06/30/07 (or pick any date in the future not listed in your script, Christmas, New Years, etc...you get the idea)and HAL did not give the correct answer.  Another example was after saying "Friday is my birthday" or 6/30/07 is my birthday (such statements are of course placed in the appointment book as usual)and then asking "how many days until my birthday?", the script did not seem to respond with the correct answer.
Has a function like this been included in your script?
If so, perhaps I am using the wrong syntax. If not, perhaps it is something you might consider in your next edition of the script. Even you do not ever include a function like that, I still say Kudos to you on a really cool script and a great effort!
Thanks again!
P[:D]
One Person can summon the future...

Carl2

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2007, 05:44:46 pm »
ramccoid,
  I'd just updated hal to the latest brain. I'd noticed the same error message others were receiving and disabled it since Rob had spent time to remove bugs generating error messages.  Really like the plugin otherwise.
OTC,
  Thanks I just downloaded the plugin.
  I'd like to have Hal learn by reading after instaling the latest updates, tried a search that includes ALF plugins ect. Where is the infomation for the current version?
Carl2

Ponnfar

• View Profile
    • http://zabaware.com
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 07:12:37 pm »
Hey there Jerry, it is great to see you on the Forum. This feels like old times.
Well, here goes, unfortunatly, the fix you made did not help me. If ever I say a phrase like, "that was in the beginning" or "that was bound to happen", the same error message Art mentioned comes up.
Thanks for your help.
P[8D]
One Person can summon the future...

onthecuttingedge2005

Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 10:22:22 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Ponnfar

Hey there Jerry, it is great to see you on the Forum. This feels like old times.
Well, here goes, unfortunatly, the fix you made did not help me. If ever I say a phrase like, "that was in the beginning" or "that was bound to happen", the same error message Art mentioned comes up.
Thanks for your help.
P[8D]

Hi Ponnfar.

Have you used the update.zip I posted that has the fixed knowledge of time plug, I don't think ramccoid has updated his yet.

after fixing the plug I no longer receive the errors from
"that was bound to happen" nor "that was in the beginning"

I am no longer receiving any errors so unless you are using my personal update I don't know what's going on at the moment.

I posted an Update.zip with Knowledge Of Time uhp file, just unzip to your Ultra Hal Assistant 6 folder.

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 11:33:41 pm »
Can anybody please confirm that the error has been fixed using the new update I posted?

Jerry

GamerThom

• View Profile
    • http://www.charctercreationsanddesignworks.us/index.html
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2007, 03:37:52 am »
Jerry, Is the update a fix for Ramccoid's plug-in?
.....and will this plug-in work in Hal 6.0? I really
didn't want to upgrade to 6.1 quite yet until I see
if Rob & everyone has all the bugs worked out of it. [;)]
Gamer-T

Carl2

• View Profile
Knowledge of time plugin
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2007, 08:02:37 am »
GamerThom,
  I just installed the latest upgrade, I thought Rob had put effert into reducing the error messages received.  I unchecked the time plugin and haven't received any yet.  I had quite a few errors from 6.0 even before the Time plugin.
OTC,
  Just downloaded it yesterday, I'll put it in this afternoon and get back to you.
Carl2