Author Topic: Hal ultra does not work on vista  (Read 7563 times)

comet605

• View Profile
Hal ultra does not work on vista
« on: October 31, 2007, 04:44:58 pm »
Hello , i recived hal ultra but it does not start up after installing.

during install i get a error message :

Coponent comdlg.ocx or one of its dependencies not registered , a file is missing or invalid.

i have windows vista
can anyone help?

« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 12:47:31 am by comet605 »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 01:09:30 am »
quote:
Originally posted by comet605

Hello , i recived hal ultra but it does not start up after installing.

during install i get a error message :

Coponent comdlg.ocx or one of its dependencies not registered , a file is missing or invalid.

i have windows vista
can anyone help?

Hi comet.

I have windows vista myself, I never had that error as of yet.
It could be that maybe something you uninstalled may have uninstalled it, it is an activeX for VB, you can look up that file on Google and find discussions about it and to get it re-installed
on your system.

Good Luck
Jerry[8D]

comet605

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 02:13:12 am »
i tried installing the file but i still get the same message

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 02:49:05 am »
quote:
Originally posted by comet605

i tried installing the file but i still get the same message

Hi comet.

try downloading this install program setupComdlg.exe

http://www.engineeredsoftware.com/setupComDlg.exe

then install it.

then reboot you computer.

Jerry[8D]

Frosty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 11:12:10 pm »
I have been trying to install HAL 6.1 under Vista and I am having the same problem.  HAL 5. was running perfectly before and when I installed 6.1 it asked to uninstall HAL5.  The file that is not registered on my system is msinet.ocx.  I have been through microsoft site and others have had the problem with other applications.  Their advice has not worked yet.  I have uninstalled HAL, loaded the file, rebooted and reinstalled HAL. All in every order and combination I can think of.  Everything loads and when I try to open it, I get a notice it needs higher permission to open, OK and then the allow/disallow then the msinet.ocx statment pops up and nothing.  I would really appreciate some advice.  Other wise I guess it back to HAL5 and wiat until I can find a way around the problem.

Frosty
Frosty the Snowman

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 09:26:04 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Frosty

I have been trying to install HAL 6.1 under Vista and I am having the same problem.  HAL 5. was running perfectly before and when I installed 6.1 it asked to uninstall HAL5.  The file that is not registered on my system is msinet.ocx.  I have been through microsoft site and others have had the problem with other applications.  Their advice has not worked yet.  I have uninstalled HAL, loaded the file, rebooted and reinstalled HAL. All in every order and combination I can think of.  Everything loads and when I try to open it, I get a notice it needs higher permission to open, OK and then the allow/disallow then the msinet.ocx statment pops up and nothing.  I would really appreciate some advice.  Other wise I guess it back to HAL5 and wiat until I can find a way around the problem.

Frosty

Hi Frosty.

I think Vista's higher security causes a lot of problems with HAL, if you was to adjust administration security for HAL it might help with a lot of your issues.

although Vista's security is very good it can get annoying after a while. I never needed such high security in windows because I don't visit high risk sites, I just turned vista's security off.

for people that download or visit high risk sites should leave the feature on.

Jerry[8D]

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 06:27:47 am »
Frosty...

Try Enabling the Administrator account: And installing hal in the Adminstrator (Logged in). Profile.....

If Still there are errors (You could try) Instal. VBexpress Edition.... this will repair any Missing DLL. that your experiencing, these will be the the correct versions For Vista...

Frosty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2007, 01:43:31 pm »
Spydaz
Thanks I'll try that.  Is VBexpress an update from microsoft.com or a purchase product?  I know 6.1 is new but I don't understand why 5 worked perfectly on Vista and 6.1 built for Vista won't even startup.
It is a new computer and I am still setting it up so THE account is the only one I am using at the moment.  I know I need to change the accounts for the security issues.  
But I'll give this a shot tomorrow

Thanks,
Frosty the Snowman

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 11:43:52 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Frosty

Spydaz
Thanks I'll try that.  Is VBexpress an update from microsoft.com or a purchase product?  I know 6.1 is new but I don't understand why 5 worked perfectly on Vista and 6.1 built for Vista won't even startup.
It is a new computer and I am still setting it up so THE account is the only one I am using at the moment.  I know I need to change the accounts for the security issues.  
But I'll give this a shot tomorrow

Thanks,

VBEXPRESS IS a Free download off the microsoft site..

It could be because hal6 is built to be ie7 ready.. in ie7. they have changent the format of the Ie ActiveX Component... in ie6 Msnet.dll is there in 7 its not.. But the vbstudio 8 is prepared for such issues whereas vb6 is not....

The administration issues are much tighter in vista depending on which version you are using...

F15Ejetmac

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 01:45:20 am »
This is my first time loading Hal, I loaded Hal 6.1 today.
I am having troubles with Hal working on my vista ultiamate 64 lap top. I here the voice when Hal loads but I cannot here any voices after that. I have gone into the general settings and tested several of the voices, all work with the test button (I can here them) but again nothing from Hal once the options are closed.

Any suggestions?
Bob.

F15Ejetmac

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 02:11:29 am »
I just got it working, I uninstalled, re-booted and reinstalled. Every thing seems ok now.

Bob.

nozy

• View Profile
    • http://www.engagesolutions.com.au
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 05:36:28 am »
Hi Guys

what about the Speech recognition end? I'm finding that Vista speech program keeps taking over has some 1 stop this ?
NoZy
*Link Removed*