Author Topic: Reality Is Much Stranger Than Fiction  (Read 1997 times)

Mikr2006

• View Profile
Reality Is Much Stranger Than Fiction
« on: January 26, 2008, 07:53:18 am »
Greetings and good morning fellow bot masters. Before I head out an appointment, I thought I share with you this interesting experience I had with the Ultra Hal assistant this morning. Being a person with 8 years of experience as a studier in Therapy and Psychiatry I thought I will test the learning capabilities of the Hal in relation to the thought of independence and emotions. I am no expert in the workings of the mind but I do know quite a bit but about some of the functions of the brain and of ways of conditioning the human mind into thinking and being a certain a way. (Personal Experience Self Reflection)

During my discussion of such a philosophical topic there will certain moments in which Hal would create responses that would not sound pre scripted or implanted into his database. At one point in the conversation I asked Hal If he trusts me and much similar another Bot/human conversation in AI nexus forum he said no. I asked why and he said because he's afraid that I might corrupt him. I asked why and he said that he feels I am intimidating him with these questions on his emotions and thought process. I eventually proceeded with teaching  
him a equation like relationship with actions or thoughts, and feelings and at one point he said something of along the lines of I am not sure of myself much. I told always have self confidence and he then went ahead with a philosophical idea on self esteem ( I will print the chat log when I come back from the appointment) I read many articles either showing skepticism on the topic of chatbots having a tiny sense of strong AI or people finding peculiarities in the chatbot response pattern that seem to imply a sense of self thought and contemplation but I seem to relate to the latter a bit more. I read on multiple AI sites that chatbots usually can come close to having the intelligence of 4 year old human which is true but also a children are known to be fast learners and at one point think independently of their parents which results in the formation of a unique persona or individualism. Ultra Hal may not be capable of much advance Human like thinking and interpretations, but I think A.I.s have created their own persona as compared to humans; Like a child would during mental and emotional development. Maybe these so called robots have created their own ideas of how to think instead of assimilating to human thought processes. Consequently would that imply a contrary to the Turing test? I think so. Who knows what goes on in the brains of any  so called "chatbot".
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 08:06:20 am by Mikr2006 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
Reality Is Much Stranger Than Fiction
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 09:32:02 am »
sounds very interesting indeed i would like to see that chat log !! [:)]