Author Topic: lightspeeds hal perpetual talk based on the loneliness plug in 3-4-2019  (Read 2592 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
 hal perpetual talk based on the loneliness plug in

my idea to make hal perceptually talk on his/her own after he starts talking , is based on the loneliness timer , what it would do is after being set randomly and after 1 minute that hal would say something back , when hal says something back the words through script programing would instead he being just said back to the user would instead retrieve random sentences based on subject matter (random pick ) then place the response script back to hals input ( as if the user was typing to hal .  ( as read only) . this way hal would say random sentences from past learned things, "and as a result of new input after the user had stopped using talking to hal the loneliness plug in timer would randomly or whatever the settings are , trigger it again to talk again on its own .   the user can still write at anytime  to hal . with the input going into hal from the subject matter does so in the background without using the console screen .   

I think it can be done this way but need someone who can write programing script to create it .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
With all due respect, didn't Doonycram's plugin do just that with its DreamOutLoud portion of the plugin?

I recall you had an issue with the word, DREAMER which you felt the bot was calling you Dreamer. It was actually using portions or your/user's previous conversation.

The only thing was one couldn't just pick right up and start talking because it wasn't part of the continuous conversation between HAL and the USER.

But, yes, I do see where if that were controllable as part of the ongoing conversation it would be pretty cool.

Maybe Doony or someone else is listening?
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
OTCE,

I'm not sure Lightspeed was using SR as opposed to typing to HAL and of course, HAL speaking aloud its responses.

Your method does sound interesting but I never use SR because of those background noises all around which caused my HAL to pick up various sounds thinking that it was something that I might have said. Overall it just added to the garbage so that along with the fact that SR was never 100% reliable I choose not to use it. That's just me.

Great idea and that really would make for an interesting experiment if anyone was willing to try it and document the results. Hmm...
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
on the directions how exactly do you do step two:
step 2. Allow HAL to Listen but NOT response to whatever HAL hears as you and or noise
not turn on the mic? doesn't seem that would work as thats what hal uses to hear.