Author Topic: Help with Ultra Hal purchases  (Read 2635 times)

Dave1152

• View Profile
Help with Ultra Hal purchases
« on: January 17, 2015, 08:26:55 am »
Mainly covering bases with this post.
I baught and used Hal 5 some years ago. Have been using hal up until the harddrive died. So I buy the new Ultra Hal 6.2 which actually down loads Hal 6.1 (woundering if this is an indication of writing on the wall for Hal as so to speak) so I dont really know if I am getting the goods purchased or not. Have emailed / replied to emails and have gotten no response from Zabaware other than send them a code for activation as the machine I am installing hal on has no internet access of anykind. I have replied with this code as wellas sent a message from the web site with this code. I requested an access to my prevoius purchase of Hal 5 which as far as I can tell might be a better version as o can see little new devlopments with the current Hal that I can get, was looking foward to 6.2 but got 6.1. To this end I might have wasted my money on Ultra Hal 6.2 as Hal might be out of devloent or dying :(  If this is the case does anyone have a copy of Ultra Hal version 5 they would be willing to sell?  Just trying to get support where I can here. Am willing to buy older versions as well if there is a possibility of a secondary market here. Thank you for your time

Dave

Dave1152

• View Profile
Re: Help with Ultra Hal purchases
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 11:15:07 am »
 Update..
issues resolved. Apparently with Trial Pay there is suppose to be some sort of code you get from them either on the web page or in an email, not sure which as I did not see a code on the web page or in any emails they sent me. Happy to see Zabaware is still alive and kicking. After activating the software and looking under the hood a little I find that indeed I do have Hal 6.2 the version found under the about item in the menu. So when downloaded from Trial Pay or wherever it redirects you to, it shows downloading Hal 6.1 but you are actually getting Hal 6.2. They also gave me access to my older version of Hal 5  not too sure if it will run under windows 7 or 8 as yet. It seems upon closer inspection of the Hal 6 software there are no .brn files so their have been some changes. Will need to rewrite some files as 10 or so years of working with Hal 5 in windoze xp are gone.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Ultra Hal purchases
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 08:08:56 pm »
Dave,

Refer to your previous post regarding Hal 5 (which I thought might have been a typo).

It explains that 5 used brn (brain) files whereas 6 uses a Table format to categorize topics and data.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -