Author Topic: Help with upgrade  (Read 2291 times)

Dave1152

• View Profile
Help with upgrade
« on: November 30, 2005, 03:25:46 am »
I notice that there is this new version, and I would like to thank you (the author)for the discount code. However I have some concerns about upgrading. I currently have "Hal" on my version of Windows 98 on a compact flash. I use it mostly with 2 other programs, one is called Macro Scheduler, and the other is called IVOS. I use IVOS as a voice interface for my computer as it allows me to assign key strokes to a voice command. I use Macro Scheduler to automate everthing within windows. Its a very powerful combination. Will the new verson of Hal run on 98? I also notice that the old programming info page is gone, how do I find this info again?... or is this software closed source in the sense that I need to reverse and figure it out on my own? Can I pay extra for a more detailed explanation of Hals core active x control? Also in this new version will I be able to choose not to have any of the Haptek software installed and just use MS agent for space concerns? I know this is alot of various question at once but I am just tring to decide if an upgrade is right for me.
Thank you for your time
Dave

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Help with upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 09:46:46 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Dave1152

I notice that there is this new version, and I would like to thank you (the author)for the discount code. However I have some concerns about upgrading. I currently have "Hal" on my version of Windows 98 on a compact flash. I use it mostly with 2 other programs, one is called Macro Scheduler, and the other is called IVOS. I use IVOS as a voice interface for my computer as it allows me to assign key strokes to a voice command. I use Macro Scheduler to automate everthing within windows. Its a very powerful combination. Will the new verson of Hal run on 98? I also notice that the old programming info page is gone, how do I find this info again?... or is this software closed source in the sense that I need to reverse and figure it out on my own? Can I pay extra for a more detailed explanation of Hals core active x control? Also in this new version will I be able to choose not to have any of the Haptek software installed and just use MS agent for space concerns? I know this is alot of various question at once but I am just tring to decide if an upgrade is right for me.
Thank you for your time
Dave

Ultra Hal Assistant is still pretty open. You can use still the Ultra Hal Brain Editor to edit Hal's script and database. An updated version of Hal's internal workings is not complete, but you can find the version 5.0 documentation at http://www.ultrahal.com/files/detail.asp?iFile=251&iType=18  Version 6.0 builds on that with the addition of the SQLite engine.
Robert Medeksza