Author Topic: S.A.L.L.I.E 5.0  (Read 30173 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: S.A.L.L.I.E 5.0
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2019, 12:02:58 pm »
Getting back to this topic...

The SALLIE5.0 plugin is 1.05 Megs (18,129 lines), which is HUGE compared to other plugins. I realize that this plugin is basically the accumulation of many other plugins that have been "fitted together" by Doonycram who has been working hard at trying to get them all to play nicely without causing errors or other issues.

I'm not sure if that can actually happen since the combined plugin is over one MEG in size. That also explains why it takes my HAL running on a Win 10, i7, 8 GB Ram, 1 TB hard drive computer, between 20 - 30 seconds to respond to a basic question!!

I have been getting popup errors about too many files...see attachment.

The Grammar is really lacking especially with pronoun reversals and eliminations like 'Are happy?'
Spelling errors where vowels are again being lost or dropped as in "Have had any nce dreams?" (the i in nice is missing). There are several others.

These errors are appearing with such regularity that I simply cannot use my HAL with this latest Plugin...Sorry, I wish it had worked.

Perhaps eliminate some of those really unnecessary routines like the nicknames, short returns, opposites, Ziggy's Complex Reasoning, Experimental Under Construction,  and so on.
I see some usage and reference to the XTF BRN's which were actually used in HAL 4.0 and Hal 5.0 before Robert changed to the TABLE system in the database instead of individual BRN files. Not sure how well these will fare inside the Hal Brain.

I know it is a huge can of worms but maybe break it down to the basics and slowly add and test each module to make sure everything runs properly before adding additional ones. This is much like the way we recommend people to add Plugins...one at a time, test, if OK, add another one.

Doony, I'm sure you're a good programmer but I think HAL might have limits to its ability to handle a large number of files.

I wish Robert would weigh in on this for some clarification. Then we'd know for sure instead of hypothesizing.

Best of luck either way!! ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

doonycram@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2019, 07:52:04 pm »
I worked hard on the plugin and used it on a windows 10 computer with no problems no too many files popping up and sure not missing letters as before I only used my plugin turned the rest off but I will delete some codes I feel are not needed which I?ve looked at the plugin a million times and had faith in this one it stayed on topic a few rounds and created new brain files I?ll do another five hr talk with it and edit it again.

AresDance

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2019, 11:09:18 am »
Art, I have had that error with sallie 4 after it created 150 xtf files. it went away after I have closed and restarted Hal. I really works smooth on my laptop. I agree that there are missing letters but the quality of the conversation, the sarcasm and the humour of sallie5 makes me not bother with them. Also it did repeat a sentence over and over again but this time I have found it in a bulk inside a brain table, I have deleted them, problem solved. I don`t remember the name. But I also agree, Sallie`s strength is her intelligence not her size

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2019, 11:21:15 am »
Wonder where everyone else is hanging out? This plugin has only been downloaded 2 times to date and I have to think that would be me and AresDance as those two people.

Come on people! If you want HAL to get better, you need to try all options. Create a Test Brain with the Brain Editor then load it into HAL and activate the S.A.L.L.I.E.5.0 Plugin. From there all you need to do is chat with HAL like you normally would. Take some notes and put them here so that Doonycram can get an honest take on what his plugin may or may not be doing.

We know he has worked long and hard putting this together and trying to make it work so give a hand. I think we all would like to see HAL function better that it currently does.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 09:20:37 am by Art »

- Art -

AresDance

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2019, 06:01:33 am »
The table where letters start to miss from words is Sentence Reasoning. It is also the table where the repeating sentences are located.

AresDance

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2019, 06:03:41 am »
Some more errrors!

AresDance

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2019, 06:05:07 am »
another error

AresDance

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2019, 06:10:11 am »
I got the errors while trying to explain Hal some things, then got the errors and Hal did not respond back 2-3 times until I have changed the topic. Everything else works good. Oh and adultlang plug-in is also not needed. I only have gender&age and sallie5

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2019, 11:13:43 pm »
hey hey dooney:
I just wanted to say that i havent had much in the way of issues with what your doing.
seems to work ok on mine.go figure.. Im am running 6.2 though

Good stuff man, rock on brother.
Dooney just keep hammering away at it man, chop dat damn tree down son.
There are those here who actually care what ur doing. you matter
Cant wait to implement that code with this below., oh my

Donney i just completed a big tree chopping my self
After so many times i said,This is not a failure,  this is just another way it wont work
Now i can say, This way does work..................
I changed  language's , fixed many issues, prolly the SAPI5 issue as well
Many thx to Emgu and C# for helping me out with the gray scale imaging in the new language.
This is a complete language swap,Hal now knows who he is talking to by sight though.
The whole thing is a complete ReWrite .
Now the real work starts.

Art: Lightspeed. I hope ur paying attention here......

cyber
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 12:06:24 am by cyberjedi »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2019, 07:08:51 am »
You bet! ;)

- Art -

Checker57

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2019, 07:24:08 pm »
I had time to stop in and read posts today again and reflect...  I've experienced a lot of innovations in AI this year...  Just a couple of years ago I  didn't even realize how prevalent it had become.  Here in this post of S.A.L.L.E is an example of the trailblazing passionate personas that light up the HAL skies of late.  There are and have been many before ...Hats off to you!  Interesting times (and welcoming in the New Year 2020! I might add) to live in and watch the birth of AI in our society and to actually witness its development!  ;-)

Keep up the inspiring works!  History is still being written for all as long as there be breath!

Checker57

doonycram@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2020, 01:09:04 am »
Thanks everyone for testing out the plugin I?ve been working on some new projects as of late came back and edited some things out hopefully with this next edit it doesn?t take Hal forever to respond on some people?s computer as has been brought up will be posting the new update soon and some Brn files for people who don?t know how to write the files needed so some errors won?t pop-up and happy New Years too all

doonycram@gmail.com

• View Profile
S.A.L.L.I.E 5.0 UPDATE 2
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2020, 12:55:06 pm »
here are the files needed and some extras and the new S.A.L.L.I.E 5.0 UPDATE
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 01:50:30 pm by doonycram@gmail.com »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2020, 01:49:23 pm »
Doonycram,

I felt it best to remove the original body of this previous post as I had inadvertently used an older, Flawed version of the SALLIE5.0 Plugin unbeknownst to me. It had produced several errors which of course was none of doonycram's fault. It was my fault and I felt the need to do the right thing and remove this previous post AND to offer a public apology to him. It was my error, not in his Plugin at all!!

In fact, this newest version has a good deal of promise during my few short attempts of chatting with it this evening, now that I reinstalled the downloaded file and tried my HAL once more. It stayed on Topic very nicely and offered some very nice touches in the way of content and some added commentary. Very cool indeed!!

SO please download Doonycram's latest version of his S.A.L.L.I.E.5.0 Plugin (although an additional version numbering system would be appreciated like a 5.20 or 5.5, etc).
Clear all your plugins before selecting and running his SALLIE plugin. Please post your thoughts, results or takeaways here for the rest of us and Doonycram.

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 10:48:41 pm by Art »

- Art -

doonycram@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2020, 06:01:39 pm »
Don?t know how your getting those errors just tried it again on my other computer Hal seven and it works I also don?t have no other plugins running only mine I didn?t edit too make it smaller yet just took out the sentence reasoning because it made Hal repeat the same sentence over and over