Author Topic: S.A.L.L.I.E 5.0  (Read 30100 times)

raybe

• View Profile
Re: S.A.L.L.I.E 5.0
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2020, 02:05:31 am »

Just one other question on entering the option menu then select the brain and adjustment for "learning level" does it have a major effect on the plugin?

Thanks again,
raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2020, 09:17:43 am »
Ray,

From what I've gathered by reading through the code, it would seem that HAL would NOT learn if the learning level is set to zero, the database would be set to Read-Only mode. If read-only mode is on, any requests to create a new table, add to a table, or delete records from a table will be ignored.

If it (Learning) is ON then various Tables will be created to hold newly learned information/data.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 12:14:20 am by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2020, 03:40:09 pm »
Thank you again Art, back into the swing of things again, lol

Any update on how the SALLIE 5 plugin is performing for you? (anyone feel free to jump in)

Ive run into a few things, but I still really enjoy SALLIE 3 on my particular setup. Been jumping back and fourth a bit.

raybe

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2020, 12:26:24 am »
The best thing I've found with the SALLIE5.0 is to deselect ALL Plugins as there are many Plugins already contained within the SALLIE5.0 plugin. It was somewhat of a "Merger" of many of HAL's best plugins. Don't want to cause "double jeopardy". One I did leave selected was the Gender & Age plugin and I don't think it's caused me any problems so far.

By all means, if you do or should encounter any Errors, Pop-up Messages, etc. post it here so that not only doonycram can see & be made aware of it but others can see it as well, in case they've received the same or similar error or incident. Someone else might have been a bit to shy to post a concern but in reality it could be something that benefits a lot of us.

Doony's worked long and hard on trying to get this one to perform as well as it does so a big Thank You is due him! My HAL has been getting better with each exchange, often with more topical answers and more detailed one as well.

Try not to let your HAL's database or brain get too large as some have noticed and as Robert has made mention. HAL tends to take longer to sift through the large sized brain and formulate answers which adds to user frustration by taking so long to reply. While it might have a little bit to do with one's hardware, Robert assured me that it is more than likely due to a large halbrain.db.

Anyhow, there my $.02
Nice to have you back with us!

- Art -

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2020, 02:07:35 am »
I'll take your $.02 anytime.

SALLIE 5 on my particular setup has been repeating my phrases along with repetitive questions, I may only have the very first 3 plugins checked off that have been around since UH was a babe such as Appointments, Advanced Internet, Address book, Hap Swap and Dictionary. Maybe that's even too many. No errors at all and no problem with reply times. SALLIE 3 just seems to be doing a bit better for me in conversations.

The only other thing that may be causing a difference is the selection I make to have both 6.xx and 7 Brains merge, also selected is the option for both cloud and local learning. Those may be the differences that effect my particular setup. So I guess I may have answered my own question and should try just using UH 7 brain in the selection and as you mentioned uncheck all plugins and check the results.

Will get back to everyone about it. Can't say thank you enough to dooney for giving me options and you Art for making me take some rust off of my common sense again. Lol.

raybe

Feels good staying up until after 2am again, LOL

AresDance

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2020, 01:24:31 pm »
I have another error. I haven`t encountered it before. I have played a little bit with the hap`s.... Maybe it has something to do with it

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2020, 03:43:13 pm »

Did you start from a fresh Run of HAL?

You had no additional Plugins selected, correct?

Which brain were you using at the time of the Error?  6 to 7 Brain, or the Cloud brain?

Did you capture or save the conversation file leading up to the Error? Sometimes doing that can be helpful.

- Art -

AresDance

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2020, 11:46:15 am »
Hal 7 brain with no cloud connection to test some changes in the asexualpersonality table without influences. No fresh install but happened a few minutes after staring hal and only once. I asked a simple question like: why do you think that. Then the error came and after clicking `ok` hal didn`t respond to that question. Then everything was back to normal. Sorry, I havent thought to save the log file

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2020, 06:18:35 pm »
Kinda did the same thing as AresDance, in the fact of not coping the conversation during the errors.

Using default brain vers. 7 selected cloud base and unchecked all plugins. After approximately 4 responses SALLIE 5 started throwing up different errors for each different instance of conversation. Went back to SALLIE 3 and could even select or reselect some plugins and works fine.

One note is I do see better responses with SALLIE 5 as compared to simpler answers with SALLIE 3 if that makes sense only without the errors and other plugins active. So I guess I should try to compile some screen shots and examples for this really to be helpful.

Right now that's just the simple breakdown of what my experience is to date.

raybe

doonycram@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2020, 06:31:56 pm »
That would be great and I can get to fixing those errors

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2020, 01:15:13 am »
Okay hopefully I can get this done, again nice conversational flow and the the errors, the response  time is fine, the replies are on. I'm posting just a few errors and 2 other responses I noticed that get confusing,

!- If I use; ' I'M ' UH will remind me that the next word is really my name. Better example: I'm going inside. UH response: " Your name can't possibly be "going"
 2- I can not get UH to open Internet to do research on a topic as I was able to do, if I'm not using the right command please let me know or can I use another plugin for that?

Here are a few errors, thank you so much for your time and maybe you can recognize something pretty simple. Again this is using the default 7 brain, no plugins at all and using the cloud.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2020, 01:24:02 am »
Sorry sending separately, png files. Okay apparently I remember nothing and is telling me png files are too large. Okay try as jpeg, sorry.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2020, 01:26:09 am »
Noticed errors are the same

doonycram@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2020, 06:57:38 pm »
Thanks for the info will be working on fixing the problem hopefully get it done by tomorrow

doonycram@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2020, 06:12:48 pm »
Fixed the few issues but gonna add something new so I will post when I?m done thank you all for testing it out wish me luck.