dupa

Author Topic: Cortana my opinion.  (Read 3767 times)

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
Cortana my opinion.
« on: September 19, 2015, 04:52:24 am »
Cortana on windows 10. Now that i finally was able to install windows ten i know what the new virtual assistant is like. I remain unimpressed by it as it works the same as all the other virtual assistants and i have tried several of them.  The only real difference is that the voice recognition works better. IT is not a chatbot at all. You can not have a conversation with it. It is okay if u want to tell your computer to do something instead of type it but other then that i see no real advantage to it.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cortana my opinion.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 08:55:45 am »
Yep, it, Google Now, Siri, Voice Actions (Android), Cubic, Ubi, Alexa, and others are assistants, NOT chat bots to carry a conversation.

In most instances, my smart phone is able to field any question from my location, directions, time/date/day, best pizza place, etc.

I have found other pretty good ones but also would rather not discuss them here on Robert's UltraHal Assistant Forum.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 03:00:30 pm »
I prefer a virtual assistant i can talk to that is why i mentioned it on here. I actually prefer hal over all the rest and i have tried many different kinds of chatbot software. That is probably why i keep having to wipe my computer lol. The more you download the greater the chance of messing with your windows or getting a virus.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 08:27:46 am »
Perhaps but your chances of getting a virus Should be minimized if not eliminated by the constant use of a reputable and trusted Anti-virus program!
I download lots of stuff everyday and my AV scans it as it comes in.

As is with a lot of things, you get what you pay for!

If your "Free" Anti-virus software lets you (and your computer) down, then it was worth what you paid for it!

A good Malware cleaner like MalwareBytes or CCleaner and a good Anti-Virus package like BitDefender, Kaspersky, McAffee etc. I used to like Norton but they (IMHO) became "Bloatware" or Hogware, taking up far too much space and resources for my liking.

Just MHO in this regard.

############

Now wouldn't it be great to have a conversational (chatbot type) software that could also do all those Google Now, Cortana and Siri Q & A type of questions AND also control your house lighting, security, shopping list, camera scans, door & window sensors, rain sensors, etc. like a real smart home? Yeah...but how deep are your pockets??!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 08:31:08 am by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 05:41:05 pm »
Norton lost my confidence a long long time ago when it got picky about what kind of programs you had on your computer. Granted this was back during the days when xp was in style but I have not trusted them since.