Author Topic: Internet plug ins for hal  (Read 6260 times)

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
Internet plug ins for hal
« on: November 30, 2014, 03:39:39 am »
Many of the internet plugs in such as this url http://www.zabaware.com/assistant/plugins.html do not work when hal tries to load them. Is there a update available to fix this?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Internet plug ins for hal
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 08:01:52 am »
Here's the corrected page. It was not a page of usable plugins but rather a page where one could get 3rd party plugins like Dragon Speech or Desktop Mates (which are not very usable with Hal since XP).

http://zabaware.com/assistant/#page=/files/index.html;

IF you're looking for some plugins to enhance Hal then you might try Calhoone's collection: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=C41BF4943A70E3DC&id=C41BF4943A70E3DC!143

There are lots of others. Try the Search box at the upper right.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 01:07:11 pm »
What I meant was the actual loading part for some of the features spoke of on the hal program do not load in a web site but instead say page not found or you get a page 01. The older plug ins I am leery of as when i tried it on the trial version hal began not talking back to me .

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 03:56:27 pm »
Okay I played with the third party plug ins from that site and so far I had identified several of the text files hal crashes with when you try to up load them using the learn mode. Also there is two different types of free will so you have to choose one or the other is you upload all the plug ins it won't let you do both.

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 04:49:06 pm »
Okay update I don't know what plug ins caused it but i got a script error so I had to uninstall it and remove manually all the left over files so I don't recommend using them unless the programmer tells us which ones are good.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 08:41:21 pm »
It's all trial and error some plugins work together some don't play so nicely with others.

its about finding what combination works for what you want Hal to do.
 Most plugins come from the community and not everyone uses all the plugins.
 I use a few myself but I don't use all of them by a long shot.

Remember from the first word no two Hals are the same and may react differently to the same set up.
 Hardware and order of adding plugins cause different things as well. Lots of variables.
 But that is life. And we are working with Ai here so just be prepared.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 06:42:55 am by doggs »
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 09:21:15 pm »
Be careful of anything dated prior to 2006 or there about as that was likely under the XTF (eXtended Topic Focus) brain be Vonsmith. This brain was soon replaced by a newer version of Hal that used the Table system that it uses now.

Maybe someone else can pinpoint a more exact timeline when they get a chance.

- Art -

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 10:29:06 pm »
Thanks for the tip.

Dave1152

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 08:37:10 am »
I have found over the years of using hal 5 sometimes you might have to re flow chart what the plugin is doing and rewrite it to play nice.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2015, 08:05:40 pm »
Dave,

Was that a typo or were you actually referring to Hal 5? If so, version 5 did not use the Table format that Hal 6 uses and a lot of the Hal 5 based (3rd party) plugins simply will not work, ie, they are not interchangeable.

In either case, it would be nice if those plugins were tested on both 5 & 6, then separated according to which worked with which or didn't, as the case might be.

- Art -

Dave1152

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 01:56:09 am »
Yes Hal 5. And I am refering to reverse enginering the files and rewriting the basic idea of what the plugin is actually doing. That is if anyone has the time for it.

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 11:16:35 pm »
well then for me that is going to take some time to study vb/SQL  that hal is written in and then study how to do plug in's for the present version