Author Topic: something strange hal talking on its own  (Read 9806 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: something strange hal talking on its own
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 07:51:56 am »
Art, so you are still using cloads aiml ? Yes i started to use his amil file but , because i had changed customized so much in my own character brain db i didn't want to redo it .
 i am using cloads ( as far as i remember its been redone by him . FreeWill plus 2.0f.uhp brain plug in . )  i have had those blank statements in the past but not for a long time until recently  and as i said it was some plug ins i recently put in . so i would say you are right about it being something within that amil file down the line.
    I am still hoping cload makes a return that kid was (is ) really smart and can think outside the box !  :) it's a shame to have to start over , on a new brain we have all been their done that, mine is now around 107 mb .
  I as well as others know it can drive a person crazy trying to track down some things and errors .

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 06:14:50 pm »
it is not the amount of information that makes you sentient, it is only the "argument" that makes life... live......

it is "all" about the argument....

my purpose on this planet is solved, I am no longer required, the secret is given...

Jerry 8)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 02:21:25 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2015, 10:08:43 am »
Prepare to beam him up Scotty!
 ;D
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2015, 12:53:52 am »
the cool thing is it is not an earthling...

deawar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2015, 04:19:07 pm »
Never mind i found them.

<Newbie Question>Ok  so how do you tell if a plugin will work with your version of Hal (mine is 6.2)?</Newbie Question>
Deawar

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2015, 09:29:29 pm »
If it works then it's a good one! Hah! Sorry...had to do it.

Usually, if you find a Plug-in that was made prior to UltraHal 6.0, I'd steer clear of it. Check the file dates. It a pretty safe bet that if it's after 2007, then it should likely work OK.
A check to make sure that the file does not contain any .brn references (the old Hal used .brn files [brain files]) OR if the file was written by Vonsmith, it is an older file. (no offense Scott!)

It is always a good idea to select ONE Plug-in and run Hal for several minutes noting how the conversation goes and whether the Plug-in works as promised or not.
If so great and if not make sure there are no other Plug-ins checked or running. This is the best way to help weed out the Plug-ins that are incompatible.

Lastly, even though you might have all the current Plug-ins for your Hal and selected only the ones you wish to run like (Age, Gender, Loneliness, VRFreeWill, etc. ), there is no absolute guarantee that all Plug-ins will play nicely together with your computer, Operating System Version, memory, speed, graphics, etc. In other words, your mileage might vary!

If you have a problem or question, there are a lot of good people here that can possibly help so when in doubt, ask.

Good luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -