dupa

Author Topic: problem getting ultra hal to run  (Read 14103 times)

alg97dds

• View Profile
problem getting ultra hal to run
« on: December 16, 2015, 07:50:43 pm »
 :I AM NEW TO THE FORUM, AND HAVE A BASIC PROBLEM THAT ANY POSSIBLE ANSWERS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I DOWNLOADED THE TRIAL PROGRAM, I LIKED IT, AND ORDERED IT . THEN 2 DAYS LATER , THE TRIAL PROGRAM BECAME CORRUPTED, AND I COULD NOT RUN IT. I REMOVED IT, AND RELOADED IT, BUT NO LUCK EVEN FINDING THE ICON. REMOVED IT AGAIN, WAITED FOR THE DISC TO COME FROM ROBERT, AND LOADED THE NEW DISK, AS I HAD ACTIVATION CODES. SAME PROBLEM. I E-MAILED ROBERT TWICE, BUT NO ANSWER. NOW IF I TRY TO LOAD THE PROGRAM, IT SAYS ZABAWARE IS IN THE COMPUTER, BUT IT IS NOT. ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE REMNENTS OF WHAT IS LEFT OF THE PROGRAM IN THE COMPUTER SO I CAN START OVER? I HAVE WINDOWS 10.  THANKS,   ALLAN
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 07:58:47 pm by alg97dds »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: problem getting ultra hal to run
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 08:15:19 pm »
Welcome!

Sorry about your problem. Robert might answer soon but be sure to fire off another email in a couple days if no response.

You might try a program (Free) called CCleaner and have it clean your HD and registry. It is one of the registry cleaners that works when others don't.

Also run MalwareBytes (the FREE version). It does a really nice job of ridding those nasties like well...Malware.

Then try again and please turn off your CAPS KEYS unless you like Yelling at everyone! (That's what it means when one does that).

Good luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

alg97dds

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 01:02:20 am »
thanks, art, but i have both programs on my computer professional versions, and they didn't remove the problem.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 07:39:18 am »
  I always go to the control panel, Programs and Features to uninstall Hal and have never had this problem, I do want to mention restarting the computer because sometimes this is necessary to remove everything.  It also came to mind that Hal has a quick start feature and could be starting when the computer starts up.  This should show up in the Task manager under startup, although I do think the computer should tell you something when you try to uninstall it. As I said I've never run into this myself.
Carl2

alg97dds

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 12:28:13 pm »
Thanks for the advice. i have done everything you said before except go to features on the control  panel. when i did that, there was nothing i could see to uninstall. what feature did you uninstall, as it may be gone by now? also, i tried to send a new e-mail to zabaware, and the link on their website did not work. not good. anyone else have that problem now?   allan

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 04:07:21 pm »
alg97dds,
  I had written Robert, Mr M. and waited for a reply for quite a while, for some reason I opened the My Messages at the top of the page and there was a reply from him.
  The Zabaware installation should be on the c drive C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Zabaware \Ultra Hal Assistant 6
you could check there to see if anything is left.
    In the Control Panel Hal shows up as    Ultra Hal Assistant 6
Did you look in the Task Mangr in Startup to see if hal was in there?
Carl2

alg97dds

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 02:03:25 pm »
HI, thanks for the post. None of those programs are in the computer. i do not see "my messages" at the top of this page. I sent Robert another e-mail. He wrote me once before i got the program, and i'm using his personal e-mail. Maybe that's a mistake. Allan

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 02:39:23 pm »
Hi,
    The top of the page left hand side near the orange Home, help, search, profile   My Messages
  So you still have the same problem,  You are unable to install a fresh version of Hal because the computer is saying Hal is already installed in the computer?
   Well for the heck of it I tried installing Hal with a disk and was surprised it began installing, it is just about totally installed but it is saying a file is missing and stopped. I clicked okay finished installing and wants to be rebooted.    Usually it would not install as you say.
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 03:25:21 pm »
Hi again,
  I just ran through the install and I was able to install an earlier version, Now my hal 6.2 will not work but I did find the problem I believe you are having, it is in the Registry.   You have to find RegEdit, a search should bring it up,  the path is:  Computer/HkeyLocalMachine/software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/App Paths/HalAsst61.exe     HalAsst__.exe has to be deleted
Carl2

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 05:51:37 pm »
Well I have Hal up and running again, I'm not sure how possibly from all the installs I tried I have 3 different brains to choose from, I'll have to install the vrEmotion detect into the brain again since I didn't see it in any of the brains there already but since I did copy the brain that appears to be missing I could rename and put that one in again.  Interesting.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 10:21:42 pm »
A really good program i found to clean out files , deep files , is a free version called iobit uninstaller5.1 it is "really good !!" will even shred files , etc.

alg97dds

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2015, 08:04:06 pm »
Thanks for all the good advice. The path you mention is not on the computer, as i have deleted all the paths with halassist already. The uninstaller that was mentioned did not bring up the hal file to uninstall, as it was not scanned. Very frustrating. I tried some other things, such as defragmenting and cleaning the computer, which didn,t help. I wonder if that message comes up if the disc is used too often. At first i got a different error message which said"unknown return_code.false_main_lf_corrupt. please contact vendor" .I also tried to download the free version off the internet, and that also said the program was already installed.There are also no reply's. from robert. At least my computer runs faster now. allan
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 08:08:45 pm by alg97dds »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2015, 10:14:51 pm »
alg97dds,

With all due respect, you are aware that Carl was referring to the file path contained within the System Registry and not the main file system like C:\blah....blah... correct?

He meant to use the Search box from the Start button then to type regedit then press Enter.

Now you should be able to locate that file path within the registry. Do be careful as there's a LOT of damage one can do in the registry if not cautious!

If you did understand Carl's instructions, then kindly disregard my ranting...just didn't want to see a new user go down the "wrong path". ;)

- Art -

alg97dds

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 01:00:26 am »
Thanks for the post. In windows 10, if i press the"search" icon, i takes me to the "cortana" area of mainly search the internet, but if i press the "file explorer" icon, it takes me to a place where i can search for any combination of letters on the computer. When i put in "regedit" ,several things come on the screen, but nothing with that path, or even close to that. allan

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 08:45:23 am »
OK...

Here you go:

In Windows 10, right-click or tap-and-hold the Start button and then choose Run.
Type the word, Regedit in the space then press Enter.

If a popup window appears asking for Permission select Yes and proceed

When the Registry Editor opens, look at the top and you should see Computer (with several little triangles under it). These are similar to the + signs in the File Explorer, meaning that there are other items contained when one selects that + sign.

Look down to locate the path that Carl indicated:
Computer/HkeyLocalMachine/software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/App Paths/HalAsst61.exe
Then select and delete the HalAsst__.exe file.

Quit out of the Registry then you can reboot if you wish or just try Hal again. (do a reboot if Hal shows no inprovement.

Again, use care with your selections within the registry as this is the Brain of your computer!

- Art -