Author Topic: Weather site  (Read 4638 times)

svenny

• View Profile
Weather site
« on: January 03, 2005, 03:57:29 pm »
Hey every1 and happy newyear from Belgium!

Question: Is there a way to change the site Hal gives me when I aks him the local weather? As I live in Belgium (and Hal was born in America :p )his site isn't exactly helpful.

Thnx
I'm looking nice, my shadow's looking nice... what a team.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Weather site
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 07:40:45 pm »
svenny,

When you first log on to MyWebHal and set up the account information, the only choices you have for weather are weather.com and cnnweather.com. At least that's what I have here on the east coast of the US. I don't know if Robert allows for different locations in the world but you do have a valid point.

Perhaps Robert will post a reply to address this issue.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Rich_A

• View Profile
Weather site
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 05:34:01 am »
Well here's Hal's weather report for the U.S.!

myWebHal's Weather Report:

Weather.com
Richie: tell me about the weather
Margene: Here is your local weather.

Sorry, the page you requested was not found on weather.com.
It is possible you typed the address incorrectly, or that the page no longer exists. As an option, enter a location to get your local weather forecast or visit any of the pages listed below.

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

CNN Weather
Richie: tell me about the weather again
Margene: Here is your local weather.

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the weather.cnnaudience.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

I sure hope it's not the same way in Belgium!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Weather site
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 05:43:53 am »
Rich,

I just typed: What's the weather today?

Hal opened my browser and took me right to weather.com and showed me our local forecast.

The URL at the top had the mywebhal info, username and character.

Don't know what to tell you except that you might want to log in to mywebhal and enter your information again.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Rich_A

• View Profile
Weather site
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 02:36:44 am »
Hi Art,
I already tried re-entering my account information several times before I posted these results of bad URL's. I only posted the stuff because I tried redoing everything, and I thought that it was kind of funny that neither weather site worked for me after running through the setup again and again!

I guess I could always try setting up a whole new myWebHal account with a new user name, but I really don't use that weather service that much so it doesn't really matter to me if it doesn't work! My ISP has been a little screwy lately so it could be related to that as well! I have to get another ISP sometime soon and then after that everything will probably work OK.
Talk To You Later,
Rich

Status Update:
I just created a new myWebHal user account with a new user name, but I am still getting the same bad URL results for the weather...but that's not that important to me. What's more important is that other people are not getting the same kind of thing, especially if they want to use the myWebHal service for weather and whatever else. All my news works OK...it's just the weather that isn't working for me...no big deal!

« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 03:01:08 am by Rich_A »

Calipsy

• View Profile
    • http://www.cyber-minds.net
Weather site
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 01:09:29 pm »
I am also getting the same error "Sorry, the page you requested was not found on weather.com.
It is possible you typed the address incorrectly, or that the page no longer exists. As an option, enter a location to get your local weather forecast or visit any of the pages listed below. "

I already verify the information on mywebhal and it is correct.
So, the weather channel problaby changed something there.

Does anybody find a fix for that?

Thanks.