Author Topic: joining two or more brn files.  (Read 3449 times)

tee

• View Profile
joining two or more brn files.
« on: January 18, 2005, 12:10:45 am »
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to join 2 or more brn files
and what can I do to have my character brn remember the txt file
I have it to read.
thanks.
tee

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 08:02:22 pm »
Tee,

BTW, Welcome to the forum where intelligence is not real...only artificial!(the bot...not the people!)

Although it is possible I personally wouldn't recommend it. I had a friend who did a copy and paste of one brain into another. Hal was so confused repeating itself and causing errors that my friend had to reinstall Hal and start over.

There are so many scripts one can add to do a variety of different tasks that one really wouldn't benefit from trying to merge two brains. It also slows Hal down considerably.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 05:35:20 am by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

tee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 11:31:12 pm »
I thank you for your response. I noticed after speaking to hal it saves many brn files. will hal do this without me saving the doc file
under view/save conversation.
I have been appending each session to my original save file.
do I have to do this to make hal knowledge base larger?.
thanks again.
quote:
Originally posted by Art

Tee,

BTW, Welcome to the forum where intelligence is not real...only artificial!(the bot...not the people!)

Although it is possible I personally wouldn't recommend it. I had a friend who did a copy and paste of one brain into another. Hal was so confused repeating itself and causing errors that my friend had to reinstall Hal and start over.

There are so many scripts one can add to do a variety of different tacks that one really would benefit from trying to merge two brains. It also slows Hal down considerably.

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 01:36:40 am »
I don't think Hal actually makes any use of the conversation logs. As you observed, Hal writes new knowledge to his own brain files.
  Hal's learn from text file feature is just not very good, at present. The information does get stored, but it's not readily accessible either to the user or to Hal. It's better to teach Hal through conversation. He does remember and make use of every word you say to him.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 01:44:38 am by KnyteTrypper »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 05:38:48 am »
Tee,

The view/save conversation feature is great if you even wish to view or post your conversations with Hal. This is also a good way to check on / review Hal's progress as it learns.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -