Author Topic: Pdf to Wav burn to cd  (Read 2555 times)

needafix

• View Profile
Pdf to Wav burn to cd
« on: March 27, 2006, 07:03:38 pm »
I hope this is easyier to answer then my first question.  How do i get a Pdf book convented to wav so that i can burn it to cd?  I did a search and found nothing on this site covering that, or do i have to get that bk in text/html then copy/paste into the reader?? And also how do i get the text reader to read a pdf book ??  -  thanks -

FuzzieDice

Pdf to Wav burn to cd
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 07:44:14 pm »
First use Adobe Reader to save the book to text format. Then use Ultra Hal Assistant's text reader program to read the book.

At least, that's how I would do it.

needafix

• View Profile
Pdf to Wav burn to cd
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 09:17:25 pm »
FuzzieDice:  thanks for the help i didn t know that you could do that with pdf, i don t see that command where do i find it and how do i use it?  I ve tryed select all / cut and paste but thay doesn t work -
yuk - need help - thanks . . .

nolitanger

• View Profile
Pdf to Wav burn to cd
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 06:14:01 pm »
Hi, needafix. Here's the fix.

Open your document in Adobe Reader. Click on the FILE menu at the top and then click SAVE AS. A box will open up. Click the arrow next to the SAVE AS TYPE box (right below the FILE NAME box). Choose TEXT FILE (.txt) and then click SAVE. Your document has now been converted to a text file.

HAL will read it, but HAL can't convert it to a wav file. To convert spoken text to a wav file, you need a program like the Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech Reader or TextAloud. They will automatically do the conversion for you. Otherwise, you will need a recording program, like Total Recorder, which will allow you to record whatever HAL is saying as he's saying it.

I hope this is helpful.