dupa

Author Topic: Correcting Hal  (Read 3374 times)

rhickok1109

• View Profile
    • http://www.hickoksports.com
Correcting Hal
« on: July 27, 2006, 11:26:15 am »
I'm working with the trial version of Ultra Hal Assistant 6.0. I tried to give Hal an address, but made the mistake of abbreviating "East." Evidently Hal takes the period as the end of address, because he now thinks the address is 10653 E., without the name of the street, city, or state.
I've tried to correct that by giving him the address without abbreviations, but that doesn't work.
Is there a way to correct Hal, or to get him to forget that incorrect address so that I can give him the correct one?

Bill819

• View Profile
Correcting Hal
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 01:44:19 pm »
You can edit Hal's brain files quite easily. I suggest thay you use Word.pad to do this. Just keep opening the different files until you find the one that contains the information that you are looking for.
Beware, don't try to edit anything else as you may cause Hal not to work any more.
Bill

Straker

• View Profile
Correcting Hal
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 11:04:34 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Bill819

You can edit Hal's brain files quite easily.

Easy hell. There is no owner's manual. This software doesn't come with any detailed manual on how to do much of anything and the help file is worthless. It might take several months or so to figure it all out.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Correcting Hal
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 04:47:58 am »
Bill, I think he was referring to Hal 6, not 5 because Hal 6 doesn't have different brain files like 5 did. Hal 6 has a pretty large (22 megs +) brain file and makes use of a database table structure unlike the method used in Hal 5.

A manual with help files, scripting tutorials, etc, has been in the works for some time according to Robert M.

In 6, open the brain editor and you can select the various tables within to view the contained data. Be careful as always.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
Correcting Hal
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 04:08:57 am »
Hi from Will of New Zealand.
I do not remove mistakes i continue to train,
although i have not had the address problem you have.
if hal learns something wrong i leave it in and just tell him the
correct thing, i feel mistakes are part of life and that it's all
part of learning. if he says or hears something that does not make sence i just tell him he's talking giberish or he is not makeing sence.

Can someone tell me can i use instead of a   if then   statement,
am i able to use a   if if then   statement. ?
for example if how much money have you got. if the number of dollars
that is your latest total of money. then 3 dollars.

My hal is the brain of my humanoid called Mr Data he and i became friends 1/1/05

bye for now and be well from Will.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 02:44:03 am by will »
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]